Why US Boxsets are better than UK?

Cool, and yeah they are good usually good deals. Even though I'm not always that bothered about the show, I've certainly ended up with at least a few shows I wouldn't have otherwise thanks to thier sales.

Do you guys buy r1 stuff? Cause there are really good shows being released overseas and not here but usually the price holds me. I've got a few r1 stuff i bought a few years ago and than i stopped watching anime and now i know pal stuff its much cheaper and i'm not willing to go back a pay more than double for a show just cause the boxset or whatever looks better.

The other problem is a had a dvd hacked to play r1 then it stopped working and i was like, what do i do with this r1 stuff now? Cause i've bought them in the first place because i had the dvd unlocked.

Now i've got another dvd hacked but im not willing to pay so much money for a show. In some cases, that show is available in the uk so much cheaper and its so much more tempting.

Well, there are shows which the price is the same and gantz its one example. Its a thin box and its look so much better than the plastic uk stuff. On the other side, i used to buy r1 from axelmusic but it takes around two weeks to get here, well at least its what used to take, now i dont know. And i dont feel like waiting so much time to get it.

sorry if the text its confusing.

I buy a lot from R1, and I have gone back to using Axel Music (aka Planet Axel) lately. They've really improved their shipping to the UK (things now arrive in 2-4 days for me) and they often ship things out early. They also have a really good point collection system now. You can easily accumulate enough points to get entire anime series for free if you buy regularly.

They even give you points for telling them how long things took to arrive, so they can improve their service.

I also use UP1 in the UK and TRSI in the US, for some releases, and I shop at all kinds of different places for UK and Japanese discs. For EU releases it's generally Amazon for me.

R

yes i was at axelplanet and noticed that they have a new point system which is always good. The only thing to pushes me away its being R1.

I'm gonna try buy some cheap stuff just to see how much it takes to arrive.

Didnt know UP1 so if i see some cheap stuff i'll try it too. Oh UP1 sell R1?? Nice might try out then.

bakum4tsu said:
yes i was at axelplanet and noticed that they have a new point system which is always good. The only thing to pushes me away its being R1.

Didnt know UP1 so if i see some cheap stuff i'll try it too. Oh UP1 sell R1?? Nice might try out then.

umm you do know you can buy a certain dvd player and unlock it to play any region dvd you know. hell buy R1 DVDs all the time

I only buy Region 1/A stuff if either:
1) It's not available in Region 2 or Region B here.
2) Region 1/A is a better deal than here (By that I mean, considerably cheaper or includes a Blu-Ray whereas UK release is DVD only).

So far, I've been using PlanetAxel for orders. However, I've recently started using UP1 and I have a pre-order with RightStuf - I'm waiting to see how much customs rob me of before I decide whether to get Madoka Magica volumes 2 and 3 from RightStuff or UP1.

For Region 1s, you could always download VLC and watch them on the laptop; or heck, region free players are fairly cheap now.

Joshawott said:
I only buy Region 1/A stuff if either:
1) It's not available in Region 2 or Region B here.
2) Region 1/A is a better deal than here (By that I mean, considerably cheaper or includes a Blu-Ray whereas UK release is DVD only).

So far, I've been using PlanetAxel for orders. However, I've recently started using UP1 and I have a pre-order with RightStuf - I'm waiting to see how much customs rob me of before I decide whether to get Madoka Magica volumes 2 and 3 from RightStuff or UP1.

For Region 1s, you could always download VLC and watch them on the laptop; or heck, region free players are fairly cheap now.

RightStuff never works for me, as for PlanetAxel, they're ok but the shipping times are a bit meh sometimes.
I had to wait 34 days for Chobits and when it arrived the box was damaged, have to send it back which is going to take longer.

As for OP, i don't think any of this matters to me tbh, i have a multi region blu ray player so i can play EVERYTHING!

animefreak17 said:
bakum4tsu said:

umm you do know you can buy a certain dvd player and unlock it to play any region dvd you know. hell buy R1 DVDs all the time

I have one unlocked already. :D

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I don't buy any R1 stuff and don't really intend to.
That's the bulldog spirit if ever I saw it! No matter how late, no matter how costly, no expense should be spared for the good of the Empire!

buy_british_bus2.jpg

I go through runs of buying a fair bit of R1 stuff, and then not so much. DVDPacific used to be amazing, but the change in the way VAT is applied to imports to the UK has left them not as useful. I will probably start using Axel Music more from now on, since all the preorders I had at TRSI have shipped now.

Im gonna start buying r1 again everytime i feel its a good deal at up1.co.uk.

Since they are in the uk and seel r1, its faster that axelmusic almost for sure. And they have a lot of r1 stuff indeed.

In the old bubble days, the first volume of a singles release would come with a box. I used to import it for the box and fill it with the UK discs (although I still have a bunch of boxes which I haven't got around to filling or which never had a UK release ^^;)

bakum4tsu said:

Since they are in the uk and seel r1, its faster that axelmusic almost for sure. And they have a lot of r1 stuff indeed.
How long is UP1? Currently all but one (my most recent) of my Planet Axel orders have arrived a week after sending off.

Shiroi Hane said:
In the old bubble days, the first volume of a singles release would come with a box. I used to import it for the box and fill it with the UK discs (although I still have a bunch of boxes which I haven't got around to filling or which never had a UK release ^^;)

True. Those boxes were really nice but now they forgot about that, most of the times i think.

reborn said:
bakum4tsu said:

How long is UP1? Currently all but one (my most recent) of my Planet Axel orders have arrived a week after sending off.

Never tried up1 but im tempted. But there here people who've tried so just wait for their answer. :wink:

up1 r great i always buy my r1 dvds from them unless its alot cheaper on axelmusic (about £10)
they always arrive the next day for me after they post and most of the time they post the same day
so good if you want r1 dvds quick
also brought figures and manga from them a few times

reborn said:
bakum4tsu said:

There have been times when items arrive a day or so after UP1 have informed me via email. They are pretty damn good when it comes to P&P.

Back