Who wants to see all the creative stuff I do when I'm not watching anime?

Three recent pieces. The first one's fairly literal so probably doesn't require an explanation, the second was done with my lovely new Paul Rubens oil pastels and a couple of Sennelier one (I think mostly just for the firebird/phoenix). In light of my recent rewatch of Boogiepop Phantom, I wanted to reflect on the feelings of women as mothers in some way - I am not sure if the face in the water is a baby transfixed by the beauty of the world, or a mother who feels silenced in her worries and concerns for herself and her child. Perhaps both. The appearance of her wearing a headscarf was intentional, for anyone who sees it and is wondering. The final one was me imagining god as a surprisingly small humble being, watching their creation emerge slowly around them. I also wrote a poem though I am not sure if I should add more to it, but I'll post it here as I rather like it as it is :)

You can waste all the time of mine that you like
Let’s find out what lies beyond sadness
i want to be with you forever
Protect you when it’s cold
Protect your heart from pain
Oh the hours we will spend
Lost in each other’s present
Far from judgmental gossip and prying eyes
Let them say what they will
For I will always love you
Of that be certain

Attachments

• My Artwork Flowers and Bees on Black Paper Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Flowers and Bees on Black Paper Oil Pastels.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork Face in The Water Birds Butterflies Flowers Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Face in The Water Birds Butterflies Flowers Oil Pastels.jpg
    854.5 KB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork In The Beginning Oil Pastels Blending Fluid.jpg
    My Artwork In The Beginning Oil Pastels Blending Fluid.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 4
An older piece that I found in a sketchbook (the brush pen one) plus a phoenix (I used up the last of my Sennelier Yellow Gold oil pastel for that picture, RIP heroically sacrificed stick of colour), a very silly doodle of a bunch of birds vibing in the sun and flowers conveying various moods plus floating eyes :)

Attachments

• My Artwork All the Colours! Watercolour Brush Pen Glitter Pen.jpg
    My Artwork All the Colours! Watercolour Brush Pen Glitter Pen.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork Fire Chicken.jpg
    My Artwork Fire Chicken.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork ALL THE CHICKENS!.jpg
    My Artwork ALL THE CHICKENS!.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • My Artwork Funky Flower Faces and Watchful Eyes.jpg
    My Artwork Funky Flower Faces and Watchful Eyes.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 5
Oh also, @jonno394 was interested in my Simpsons/Matt Groening style drawings so here's my most recent, as-yet-unfinished attempt at a picture in that style - this was actually the one that spurred me to try and improve my drawing skills as while I like what I did draw there are a lot of issues with it such as that you can't see their hands and I don't even know how to correctly draw either Groening-style or normal human hands that well. I used to draw a lot of Groening-style characters as a child as The Simpsons was my favourite show back then :)

Attachments

• My Artwork Groening-style Lovers Holding Hands Work in Progress.jpg
    My Artwork Groening-style Lovers Holding Hands Work in Progress.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 8
You know when you're in an art gallery and there's something where you're just like "woah" because it's totally different and also says many things, that's your DA, it's really good

When I was much younger in high school I made objects (mostly jewelry) using the lost wax casting method. In order to avoid a lengthy and boring description of it please google it. Also harbored ambitions of writing science fiction novels, actually wrote 3 or 4 of a couple hundred pages each but never went much beyond that-ah, to be young and ambitious again!

I have been sewing! And I drew some murder birbs :) Yes I know the hems on the bottoms of the culottes are uneven but I'm still proud of my work and effort, I made the dress in the first of the three clothing pics, the top and trousers in the second of them, and customised the top in the third one - originally it was completely white and had lace at the top but was otherwise plain :)

Attachments

• My Sewing Me in Customised Princess Top Face Obscured.jpg
    My Sewing Me in Customised Princess Top Face Obscured.jpg
    910.7 KB · Views: 8
  • My Sewing Me In Pastel Paisley Culottes Face Obscured.jpg
    My Sewing Me In Pastel Paisley Culottes Face Obscured.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 10
  • My Sewing Me In Red Purple Gold Velvet Dress Face Obscured.jpg
    My Sewing Me In Red Purple Gold Velvet Dress Face Obscured.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 10
  • My Artwork Crows Obscuring the Sun Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Crows Obscuring the Sun Oil Pastels.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 8
@zrdb I don't think I knew you had a daughter? (or any children at all). insert Robot Chicken M. Night Shyamalan "what a twist!" .gif XP That's cool that she sews even if it is only a bit, tbf I'm very much still at beginner level (that is to say that while I've made a few garments they were all very basic, I wouldn't consider myself to be at an intermediate skill level). I did look up lost wax casting, I don't think it's a method I would use but it was interesting to learn a bit about it so thankyou for mentioning it :)

You know when you're in an art gallery and there's something where you're just like "woah" because it's totally different and also says many things, that's your DA, it's really good

Thankyou so much, I'm sorry it took me a while to reply to your comment, which pieces particularly stood out to you? :)

What I forgot to mention was that I used the centrifugal lost wax casting method which is a little different. I used to do a lot of drawing using pastels and sometimes charcoals, unfortunately no examples survive-not that they were noteworthy. LOL I think it's a good thing to have a variety of different hobbies, it makes one's life more vibrant and engaging.

It's the first wall I see which I assume is the most recent. They all go very well together, you've used the same colour palette in a lot of them. Fish Bird Snake is my favourite and I also really like Demon Foot. Apart from that first wall, I like Teddy Crew and Child of Light. It's at first innocent and then on closer inspection actually unsettling.

I was so worried this thread had been lost as it wasn't showing up in find all threads by RadFemHedonist? But at least it's still here :)

Here are my three most recent pieces, I'm currently having another go with polymer clay and made this little turtle :) I got confused and thought the Banksy quote was from Sailor Moon before I looked it up XP Guess the summer love one is a bit ironic rn as it's still rather cold here 😅
🤣 👍

Attachments

• My Artwork When You Get Tired Learn to Rest Not Quit Banksy Lettering Graphite Pencil.jpg
    My Artwork When You Get Tired Learn to Rest Not Quit Banksy Lettering Graphite Pencil.jpg
    645.5 KB · Views: 6
  • My Artwork Summer Love Baby Sun Learning to Walk Oil Acrylic Paint Pens Coloured Pencil.jpg
    My Artwork Summer Love Baby Sun Learning to Walk Oil Acrylic Paint Pens Coloured Pencil.jpg
    877.6 KB · Views: 6
  • My Artwork Polymer Clay Turtle Ms. Flipflaps.jpg
    My Artwork Polymer Clay Turtle Ms. Flipflaps.jpg
    942.8 KB · Views: 6
Very nice! 😀

Where's the turtle photographed, may I ask? It looks like a beach.

...it's an oven tray 🤣 😅

I put all the pieces of her on the tray as I was making her with the polymer clay such that when she was finished all the pieces were stuck together properly and she was ready to oven bake, that was yesterday and at the time I felt too tired to trust myself to observe proper oven safety so I baked her today (after the photograph was taken) :)

The pic below is her fully baked and cooled next to a normal size square block of FIMO Effect Clay to give an idea of how smol she really is :)

Attachments

• My Artwork Polymer Clay Ms. Flipflaps Size Comparison.jpg
    My Artwork Polymer Clay Ms. Flipflaps Size Comparison.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 4
More artworks! :) Some are a lil bit semi-finished maybe but I still like 'em so here ya go! :)

Attachments

• My Artwork Whale Rides the Waves of Music and Watches the Stars in the Sky Watercolour Pencil.jpg
    My Artwork Whale Rides the Waves of Music and Watches the Stars in the Sky Watercolour Pencil.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 4
  • My Artwork Two Frogs Playing the Banjo by a Small Pond Mixed Media.jpg
    My Artwork Two Frogs Playing the Banjo by a Small Pond Mixed Media.jpg
    1,007.8 KB · Views: 4
  • My Artwork Bird and Flowers Flower Sun Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Bird and Flowers Flower Sun Oil Pastels.jpg
    758 KB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork Happy Shiny Octopodes Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Happy Shiny Octopodes Oil Pastels.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 5
  • My Artwork Tree and Sun Oil Pastels.jpg
    My Artwork Tree and Sun Oil Pastels.jpg