Who played shadow hearts: covenant and loved it

Ammish

Stand User
Hey, have all of you played shadow hearts: covenant and think its cool. I think its great, one of the best rpg games outside of square-enix. I would tell you, but i do better than that and in a lazy way, a link to the site.

http://www.shadowheartscovenant.com/

Also, can you tell me any news on the uk release date of shadow hearts: from the new world. Because midway don't publish shadow hearts anymore and wondering if any other company picked it up[/url]

Shadow Hearts 2: Convenant is one of those games that the gamefaq users overhype to extreme levels. I did enjoy the game but it's certainly not deserving of being 'godly'. If your looking for a better RPG, I suggest trying out Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. It will be released next month here.

But having said that, I do have Shadow Hearts 3: From The New World on my RPG pile to play with Grandia 3, Dragon Quest VIII, Front Mission 4, Xenosaga 1 & 2 etc.
I enjoyed the humour of the Shadow Heart games but I actually liked the more serious tone of the first game and that the characters were better. My favourite characters seem to be the type that get no character development whatsoever like: SH1 - Margaret, SH2 - Lucia, SH3 - ??? :D

For a release on Shadow Hearts 3.. I haven't heard anything. It's published by Xseed in the US who also brought over Wild Arms 4. It seems unlikely, but hopefully a publisher like Ghostlight or 505 Gamestreet will pick it up.
________
Pt Platform

neptune2venus said:
Shadow Hearts 2: Convenant is one of those games that the gamefaq users overhype to extreme levels. I did enjoy the game but it's certainly not deserving of being 'godly'. If your looking for a better RPG, I suggest trying out Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. It will be released next month here.

But having said that, I do have Shadow Hearts 3: From The New World on my RPG pile to play with Grandia 3, Dragon Quest VIII, Front Mission 4, Xenosaga 1 & 2 etc.
I enjoyed the humour of the Shadow Heart games but I actually liked the more serious tone of the first game and that the characters were better. My favourite characters seem to be the type that get no character development whatsoever like: SH1 - Margaret, SH2 - Lucia, SH3 - ??? :D

For a release on Shadow Hearts 3.. I haven't heard anything. It's published by Xseed in the US who also brought over Wild Arms 4. It seems unlikely, but hopefully a publisher like Ghostlight or 505 Gamestreet will pick it up.

Thanks, but you didn't know that from the new world isn't actually a sequel, but a side story. Yep, it is, but i'm really disapointed that theres no word on a european release date. They have to, they released the first and second. so why can this, it be too wrong, uk should have it, you know.

It's on the shelf awaiting my eventual attention. I bought it dirt cheap from.. Amazon I think it was awhile back, along with the strategy guide.

Unless they totally veered away from what they did with the original game, I should at least like it.

I know this is a bit late, but i recently completed shadow hearts: covenant. And i was really shocked with the good ending, it feel like there won't be a proper sequel with yuri again. looked at the bad ending on youtube and it nowhere as groundbreaking and heartbreaking as the good ending. It feel likes yuri won't be in the shadow hearts series anymore, someone prove me wrong, please. Yuri is one of my most favorite characters and i hope shadow hearts 3 will come out with yuri in this time

Sorry mate, I can't say I loved it. Bought the game some time back, felt it was too much like FFX so I decided to return it and get something else. Can't remember what I got instead but simply put I just didn't think Shadow Hearts was my kinda RPG. :)

Its in my 'might buy' list of games at the moment, loved the first one but as yet haven't got up the effort to invest in this one, gonna watch this thread closely and see what you guys think and if its good I'll track down a copy for myself

ah i did love that game.. i loved the endings as well ^^ an di liked the gameplay and story and stuff!
for some reason when the credits came i started to cry xD told you lot i have to much emotion!

I liked Yuri's coat by the way.

I seem to have some disturbing fetish for long rain coats it would seem.

Joke.

Bet you're all relieved about that one!

I think one of the elements that elevated the Shadow Hearts franchise above the norn was that it didn't use the usual fantasy / science fiction settings found in most RPGs. I liked how it was in some freakish alternate reality during World War I. Thought I'd share that.

Selphie, its better to have lots of emotion rather than what I seem to have in abundance - the ability to write a load of crap! :-D

Back