"Who is this place? Where are you? Me am genki!"

Genkina Hito

映画男!!!
"Who is this place? Where are you? Me am Excel!" - Excel (Excel Saga)

Just announcing my arrival.

I've been watching anime since the late 80's, brought up on Mysterious Cities of Gold, Robotech, The Moomins and Battle of the Planets, however it was the 90's with Dominion Tank Police, Excel Saga and Akira on Sci-Fi which got me truly hooked. Recently, I have taken to watching Darker than Black and Monster.

Nowadays I'm learning Japanese and watching movies!

Darker than Black

chaos said:
Hey there, welcome to the forums.
You seem to have good taste =) I'm watching DtB now myself and loving it.

Same here. The battles keep me on the edge of my seat as its more a question of a character using their intelligence rather than gaining another super saiyan level and screaming a lot.

I recently watched the first episode of Darker than Black II: Gemini of the Meteor. More brilliance.

As far as Newport goes, the best part is leaving it to go to Cardiff... Although you do see Doctor Who filming around Newport.

Oh yeah, thanks for the greetings! :D

I've just put the fifth disc of DtB. Loving it so far and I totally agree with the bit about Hei winning fights with his wits.
The music is also awesome.

Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Welcome to the group Hito. I imagine you have a huge collection, unless you use the likes of Ebay (of which I may have to start doing myself sometime.)

You mainly an action/comedy fan then, judging by Excel Saga and some of the others?

Chaz said:
Hail, Ilpalazzo!
Welcome to the group Hito. I imagine you have a huge collection, unless you use the likes of Ebay (of which I may have to start doing myself sometime.)

You mainly an action/comedy fan then, judging by Excel Saga and some of the others?

Action and comedy are the main draws for me. I finished the awesome Black Lagoon Second Barrage in September. I also like a good supernatural tale or history drama as well - Le Chevalier D'eon, Sword of the Stranger... They do have copious amounts of action. :lol:

As far as Darker than Black's music goes, I did get the soundtrack for myself this Christmas. Yoko Kanno is a genius

Back