Which series did you drop?

I wouldn't totally disregard mecha. I can't say that i'm a fan either but i've come to like series like Full Metal Panic and Neon Genesis Evangelion for different reasons putting the mecha elements aside.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I wouldn't totally disregard mecha. I can't say that i'm a fan either but i've come to like series like Full Metal Panic and Neon Genesis Evangelion for different reasons putting the mecha elements aside.

Same here, but I haven't seen FMP, so I can't comment on that. But the few mecha series that I watched I have enjoyed.

Chrono Demon the other week you were saying Mezzo DSA was good, and actually there's quite a few good mecha anime out there, [can't say I've ever personally liked ANY Gundam though.]

Lupus Inu said:
Chrono Demon the other week you were saying Mezzo DSA was good, and actually there's quite a few good mecha anime out there, [can't say I've ever personally liked ANY Gundam though.]

Well, I said it was average at best....

I just remembered Eiken. Watched the first episode and i struggle to shake the memories. I don't usually hate things but i DESPISE Eiken.

random_pie said:
...but I haven't seen FMP, so I can't comment on that.

*Chokes on mouthfull of drink*

You havn't seen Full Metal Panic? You... havn't... seen Full Metal Panic? :shock:

That's it, I order you, go out and buy it RIGHT NOW!

...!

Eh...?

What...?

...?

Middle of the...?

Oh...

*Pregnant pause*

Ahem. *cough*

Right then. First thing in the morning, you go and buy it, watch it, be amazed by it, fall in love with Tessa and then rush out and buy FUMOFFU.

Do this and you just might redeem yourself. :wink:

I haven't seen FMP either, but it doesn't really interest me much, so I'll only buy it when ADV finally release a boxset on it~! Though FUMOFFU is extremely awesome.

I stopped watching both Noir and RahXephon because they both bored me senseless. Twice I tried to watch them and twice I gave up at roughly the same point. Not going back to em now.

If we're talking about stuff I dropped because I had too much other stuff to watch first, but I still fully intend to go back to, then I really can't give an accurate list - it'd be way too long.

I dropped Naruto just cause it's kinda annoying and really slow. They padded it out as much as possible and still ended up with like 80 episodes of fillers.

The basic formula of Naruto goes like "I'm going to fight you now using this special move that you haven't seen before but before I do that I am going to explain why I am doing it with 3 episodes worth of flashbacks and some very sad music..."

Tokyo Mew Mew :

After episode 1. I liked it then a day or so later. It got boring.

Bleach :

I watched a little bit of it but I wasn't bothered to watch the rest of it.

I just wanted to hear a certain voice Actor's voice but i didnt.

Midori's Days :

I watched clips of it and I though it was interesting.

I never saw the DVD in shops and I'm into other anime now. Midori's days can be odd. A Teenage Boy want to go with a date with any girl O_O

Duel Masters :

The worst anime ever!

I watched it and the 3d ness didnt match the animation and the drawings arnt great. Yu-GiOh is better. I watched it years ago and stopped. I saw it in shops every time. Cards,Games...It was a curse. Thats when my hatred grew even more.

Green Green :

I saw a few clips and I thought It was too fanservicey for my taste.

bubbles said:
I dropped Naruto just cause it's kinda annoying and really slow. They padded it out as much as possible and still ended up with like 80 episodes of fillers.

The basic formula of Naruto goes like "I'm going to fight you now using this special move that you haven't seen before but before I do that I am going to explain why I am doing it with 3 episodes worth of flashbacks and some very sad music..."

I saved time and just never started Naruturd in the first place, and I NEVER will.

I did a little checking, and I think I've dropped somewhere in the region of 80 different series - the result of downloading a whole bunch of fansubs, watching them, then only continuing with ones that hold my interest. Largely they were just of the generic shounen / generic shounen-ai / generic mecha variety, which tend to be instantly recognizable...

Naruto - after about 4 episodes. The little git just got on my tits.
Kino's Journey- Episodic, to the point of it being the focus of the show (never staying for more than 3 days)
Techonlyse (or however it's spelt) the characters seemed to have two emotional states Hate or Nothing. Also the fact there was more going on than would ever seem to be explained meant the series failed to grab me.
Rozen Maiden - it seemed like it was turning into a harem with dolls.
Bleach gave up after they got back from Soul Society as is was getting it to monster of the day with no real purpose territory
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni- got board of playing 'how is he going to die today'

To Heart - Literally barely finished the first episode. Pretty much put me to sleep.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge/The Wallflower - Was a decent enough series, but the uneven animation quality annoyed me, and I was watching too many other much better series at the time, so had no time for it.

Tsubasa Chronicle - So wanted to like this as I adore the manga, but the animation was horrid looking and stuck so often to boring pans or still shots to fill up time, the characters were ugly (the ears!), and the series was drastically cut and alerted to fit a younger audience; If it does get its third season, I have no way how they are going to do the X crossover without cutting out most of the material. I swear never to watch another Bee Train series as from the others I have seen made by them, or ones friends have watched, all suffer from the same problems. I was actually so angry it was poor (and is almost universally hated by most big CLAMP fans). Though most of the voice acting and the music was fantastic. Such a pity.

Final Fantasy: Unlimited - Just poor, so damn poor.

Inu Yasha - I've had the first 90 episodes for a number of years thanks to a friend, but although I'd like to try it out, I think it's a little too late in the day to do so. Think I've only seen the first three episodes.

Bleach - I love Shonen Jump anime, but for whatever reason I just found this hopelessly predictable and annoying. It's way too fashion conscious and filled with pretty characters to ever take seriously. The Hollyoaks of SJ. It has a terrible soundtrack too. Unfortunately everything about Bleach just rubs me up the wrong way.

Coyote Ragtime Show - There is fun to be had, but honestly, I've already seen this anime 5 or 6 times and no longer do I have will the will to sit through such emotionally bereft, superficial entertainment. One for the masses, please enjoy your BigMac with extra helpings of killer-maid-lolis. Yawn.

Ergo Proxy - I was really looking forward to this, but it's simply way too pretentious and artificial for my tastes. A philosophers wet dream, I just couldn't empathize with any of the characters.

Gun X Sword - Another big disappointment, Gun X Sword so desperately wants to be Trigun and Cowboy Bebop (the main character looks exactly like Spike) that it has no personality of its own. Very superficial and boring.

I'm kinda shocked on how many people hate Bleach?

No one ever predicted Aizen's Betrayal though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ayashi No Ceres

It sort of reminded me of a "chick flick"

Gantz

They should of stopped after the "Massive Buddha" episode, the last few episodes were in no way tied to the manga which FTR is 1000 times better IMHO

I dropped Bleach fairly early on. I love the Manga, but I couldn't get into the Anime. However, I recently started to watch it again once the filler ended and am enjoying it now.

I've dropped plenty of other series on fansub too, for various reasons and I'm not going to list them all here. The only series I've dropped on DVD are:

Love Hina - For reasons described elsewhere in this forum
Gungrave - I got volume 1 and liked it, but not enough it to buy the rest
Trigun - I don't know why, but I didn't like Vash
Bubblegum Crisis - I simply found it to be painfully mediocre

Back