Which series did you drop?

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Everyone has at least one series which they started, then soon after dropped because they thought it sucked, or because they simply started watching something better.

These are the ones I dropped (from which I can remember):

Fruits basket (seemed a bit stupid)

Najica Blitz tactics (watched 6 episodes and every episode felt more or less the same)

Bleach (too many episodes, and the fact that NO ONE EVER DIES, EVER!!)

Yu Yu Hakusho, Watched episodes 1 + 2 then i lost interest. Story and Chacarters dont interest me one bit.

Fullmetal Alchemist. I was walking downstairs and tripped. Thankfully we have carpets and the tin didn't dent.

Texhnolyze,its not that I thought it was bad.Its just that I started buying other anime but I do plan to complete it eventually,its quite good.

I'd also like to add Bubblegum Crisis; got to the 2nd episode and for some reason it wasn't grabbing my interest ;/

Althought the animation was excellent for its time

Hyaku said:
I'd also like to add Bubblegum Crisis; got to the 2nd episode and for some reason it wasn't grabbing my interest ;/

I wasn't impressed with the first couple of eps either but it improves by around episode 3 or 4. Not much help to you now though!

I dropped Kiddy Grade after the first disc. No reason apart from the fact that it didn't grab my interest much.

She: The Ultimate Weapon - Because I found out it had a really depressing ending and I really can't handle those. :?

Noir - Because I just found it boring. ( Although I keep meaning to give it another go as I think it has more to do with the mood I was in when I was watching it. )

Everything else that I had that was incomplete, i've since gone back and finished :D or havn't been able to get ahold of. :(

Martin said:
Hyaku said:

I wasn't impressed with the first couple of eps either but it improves by around episode 3 or 4. Not much help to you now though!

I dropped Kiddy Grade after the first disc. No reason apart from the fact that it didn't grab my interest much.

I actually really like Crisis, ( both incarnations of it, although I still prefer the original :D ).

Kiddy Grade is a bit episodic to begin with, so I can understand why you lost interest, but when the underlying plot kicks in and you realise what's been going on in the background it's not too bad. ( My opinion ofcourse, others may disagree. :D )

Martin said:
Hyaku said:

Gah, well I may give it another try sometime, afetr I've finished the 'to watch' list :p

Hyaku said:
It's because it's a shounen, and the fact that the characters lose far too much blood in battles than what is humanly possible, which makes up for characters dying.

I've sort of dropped Heat Guy J, for me it was all but a bit boring, rather generic or I've seen it before, but I'll have to finish it off someday, I did buy it after all. ._.

Shows I actually dropped in the non-literal sense were...

Naruto - I managed to struggle along until the filler (though I admit I was fast forwarding through episodes before then) when everything just lost it. From what I've seen of the new series I don't think i'll bother.

Rahexaphon - I don't know, it had a nice atmophere and the sound and visuals were nice but those alone couldn't hold it for me. Got upto around the halfway mark. I may give this another chance though.

Fruits Basket - Bought the first two disks when they were on sale. I was looking forward to seeing this but after the end of disk one I took them back to the shop. Everything just seemed to irritate me about the series. I may give this another chance in the future as well but it's at the bottom of my list.

Tenchi Muyo - As well as the character designs being hideous I just didn't like a lot of the characters.

Ah My Goddess the series - The first series was good enough but nothing has really made me check out the second series. I may look into it at some point.

Bleach - I dunno, it was ok but I was choosing between Naruto and this at the time and I watched a few episodes of this and then stuck with Naruto. It was ok but this isn't my kind of series.

Get Backers - Won the first three volumes in the banner competition. It was kinda fun and watchable but it's not worth buying any more of.

Mahou Shoujotai - Pauls recommendation from a long time ago. Watched the first 10 episodes but couldn't watch anymore. I was being pushed through the series rather than being taken. The result was a confusing mess.

There's probably more but I can't think right now.

Lupus Inu said:
Hyaku said:
It's because it's a shounen, and the fact that the characters lose far too much blood in battles than what is humanly possible, which makes up for characters dying.

I've sort of dropped Heat Guy J, for me it was all but a bit boring, rather generic or I've seen it before, but I'll have to finish it off someday, I did buy it after all. ._.

I've been considering watching Heat Guy J for a while now, but keep getting interrupted by other series :shock:

Love hina, Obvious reasons.

Naruto, Just didn't appeal to me.

Others I guess like Pokemon and Digimon, but I grew up and just didn't get fun from them anymore.

Hyaku said:

Is it because they are already dead...

Well, you see spirits, and soul reaper that can't be seen by Humans. So technically, they are already dead....

Anyway, animes I had to put down

Naruto - The dub put me off, and The whole series is stupid with Ninjas jumping around....

Mezzo DSA - I didn't like it, and the fact that it was a sequel to a Hentai series put me off even more

Excel Saga - Plain boring, end of

Chrono Demon said:
Mezzo DSA - I didn't like it, and the fact that it was a sequel to a Hentai series put me off even more
I have a version with the hentai scenes cut. It's a great hour of very well animated action. Not much more than that though.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Chrono Demon said:
I have a version with the hentai scenes cut. It's a great hour of very well animated action. Not much more than that though.

Yeah, but Crime action series aren't my kind of thing. I prefer Mystical things or Spirit stuff...

Oh, also Cromatarie High school Anime on Rockworld TV sucked as well, as it didn't appeal to me...

Ah well, might as well set up a topic about which Anime you really miss ages ago in your younger years.

My love for Shinzo and Monster Ranchers came back O.O

Gantz was one for me. I liked the trailers an what I heard about it but once I started watching the first disc I just found it not to my taste. Been tempted to watch it again an see how I feel now but I doubt I will anytime soon.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Well you know what they say. If crime action isn't your thing then don't watch it.

Still I rather watch Crime Action than Mecha....

The worst Series in Anime ever made... *runs from Mecha fans*

Back