Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

We already know UK discs are created in Mexico,,yet are only region B,, I haven't been paying attention to the Australian releases to know if they are A/B or just B, also not all series that are A/B are released in Australia.
It leaves many questions of why bother
CR uses US releases for the AU market most of the time, so they're all A/B. They don't even use a new slipcover or box, they typically just put a ratings sticker on the slipcover and sell it as is.

If you can import from Australia, that might be an option to pick up some CR releases that aren't available in the UK. I just picked up a handful of AU new releases for about £15 ($18) each, including intl shipping and they should be identical to the US release.

CR uses US releases for the AU market most of the time, so they're all A/B. They don't even use a new slipcover or box, they typically just put a ratings sticker on the slipcover and sell it as is.

If you can import from Australia, that might be an option to pick up some CR releases that aren't available in the UK.
Thank you for clarifying

If you can import from Australia, that might be an option to pick up some CR releases that aren't available in the UK. I just picked up a handful of AU new releases for about £15 ($18) each, including intl shipping and they should be identical to the US release.
Check EAN / SKU for AU stock:
If it starts with 0704 or 704, than it's just stickered Funi / CR US releases. If it starts with 932 it's an Australian made release. Those may be the same discs in different packaging, or new discs (especially if the US release was Sentai or Viz).
How Not to Summon a Demon Lord S2 is (so far) the only AU Blu-ray that was censored.

Seems UP1 can't honour that, as I had the email yesterday advising that my Re:Zero Season 2 order was cancelled as they cannot source the stock.

That's a shame. I don't know why UP1 can't get stock from somewhere like All Your Music on Ebay, it's cheaper (especially with the 25% off) & delivery is quicker.

Poop, CR finally got back to them, not had that email about my discotek pre orders yet,

Probably because they are pre-orders. I fully expect to get the same email about my pre-orders once the release date arrives.

Last edited:
That's a shame. I don't know why UP1 can't get stock from somewhere like All Your Music on Ebay, it's cheaper (especially with the 25% off) & delivery is quicker.

Probably because they are pre-orders. I fully expect to get the same email about my pre-orders once the release date arrives.
They maybe could,not certain they've considered it.
What did come up in conversation was the old US site as a way they could've got around the non North America veto

Has anyone received any orders from UP1 since the Crunchyroll absorption of Right Stuf?
I doubt anybody will receive any US releases from UP1, all the pre orders for December have been removed , the November releases are unlikely to be received as all contact with "right stuf" is being ignored by them

I doubt anybody will receive any US releases from UP1, all the pre orders for December have been removed , the November releases are unlikely to be received as all contact with "right stuf" is being ignored by them

That's a shame, as I would prefer UP1 to fulfil my last order with them, but if that's the case, then I wish they would just cancel my order so I can get them elsewhere.

That's a shame, as I would prefer UP1 to fulfil my last order with them, but if that's the case, then I wish they would just cancel my order so I can get them elsewhere.
I'm holding out hope that they can fulfill my UK release of a couple of cuckoo's and black summoner as they've not received their orders from CR, if they can't get them I'll just order from anime-on-line instead,
The US titles I've had cancelled were farming life in another world and Utawarerumono mask of truth,both were ordered before the change over

I'm holding out hope that they can fulfill my UK release of a couple of cuckoo's and black summoner as they've not received their orders from CR, if they can't get them I'll just order from anime-on-line instead,
The US titles I've had cancelled were farming life in another world and Utawarerumono mask of truth,both were ordered before the change over

If UP1 can't get them, all your music have both available & are over £20 each cheaper with the 25% discount.

A Couple of Cuckoos, part 1
Black Summoner

can I have a link to allyourmusic on eBay? I've not been able to find it.

Here you go

Back