Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

For those you use Stackry how's was the experience.
For me I'm struggling to due to me not being at good at maths and I fear that I will be hit with a £100 shipping fee just to ship one item

For those you use Stackry how's was the experience.
For me I'm struggling to due to me not being at good at maths and I fear that I will be hit with a £100 shipping fee just to ship one item
I've used them about four times now and I've not had any issues whatsoever.

What I have noticed for some folks is two things:
  • That the value they declared is above £130 for the single package which will result in customs (20% VAT + £8 handling fee based on one user, similar to Royal Mail's format)
  • They got Stackry to send two packages at the same time which arrived together in the UK at the same time - and while separately they don't add up to £130+, but combined they do which resulted in customs asking for it.
If you want me to go in more depth, I've written up my experience on my August & September hauls. Long story short I'm going to be continuing to use their services and as long as the hauls aren't super massive it should be a solid experience through the UK.

Both times I’ve used Stackry have been very solid. As Grav states above, there’s a limit before you get hit by customs, which I crossed with my recent haul, but avoided the first time around. I also used their repackaging option the first time around which is worth doing if it’s cheap for you (think I paid around $5).

It's just so frustrating as a big Discotek fan, I've said it before but I'm sure this is going to affect them and honestly I hope it does so they'll see fit to offer their titles somewhere abit more import friendly.

I still can't believe CR bought the competition, absorbed it and then cut off most of its best parts and I still can't fathom why they'd bother.

What a story, it's just unbelievable that they bought RS and now do this. Only to shut down a competitor to their store and make it impossible for importers (individual and wholesale).

Even with stackry, I'm not really inclined to support them anymore with these actions although it looks like one of the only places left to offer sales on Discotek titles...

In this day and age it should be easier to get stuff from around the world but CR really wants to make it very difficult.

I really hope Discotek title will be added to the BuyAnime site, who do offer international shipping, otherwise only Amazon is left if you don't want to support CR.

What a story, it's just unbelievable that they bought RS and now do this. Only to shut down a competitor to their store and make it impossible for importers (individual and wholesale).

Even with stackry, I'm not really inclined to support them anymore with these actions although it looks like one of the only places left to offer sales on Discotek titles...

In this day and age it should be easier to get stuff from around the world but CR really wants to make it very difficult.

I really hope Discotek title will be added to the BuyAnime site, who do offer international shipping, otherwise only Amazon is left if you don't want to support CR.
You can get them for RACS, they ship internationally. Their website design is somehow worse than UP1 though. You're probably still best off getting the stuff shipped via Stackry

We already know UK discs are created in Mexico,,yet are only region B,, I haven't been paying attention to the Australian releases to know if they are A/B or just B, also not all series that are A/B are released in Australia.
It leaves many questions of why bother

Back