WHERE HAS MY F****** SPACE GONE!? ****!!!

Aion said:
It's truly quite shocking how depraved the minds of lesser anime fans are.

Can I see the video of this naked sofa bouncing session plz?
... eerrr, I didn't meant it like that... now I realized what I said sounds bad, really bad....

Aion said:
Can I see the video of this naked sofa bouncing session plz?

If I did it naked there'd be all kinds of danger with out of control body parts! I'm not sure the benefits would outweigh the risks...

I have to use shelves/bookcases for my DVDs as it makes me crazy if I get a weirdly shaped box or something and it doesn't fit in one of the more clever racks. And I get some kind of nerd pleasure out of seeing all the spines lined up in logical order. Mmmm.

R

Anyone use a bed for storage?

I've got one of those cavernous ones with sliding door.
I sleep atop all of Star Trek Voyager VHS, as well as my old Manga Video tapes.

Legend Of The 4 Kings, Angel Cop, the Cyberpunk Collection, Junk Boy, Ninja Scroll, Detonator Orgun, Urotsukidoji, Fist Of The North Star, Ghost In The Shell, and a couple more.

The depravity has now broken Yagami's Windows install!

JPT: I stash things under the bed too, in my case boring things like winter clothes (in summer, or vice versa) and extra bedding. All gives more wall space to my piles of DVDs etc - yay!

R

Ok, seriously: Where do you people buy your storage units? I need a book unit and I'm not having any luck finding one online...

If only I could find something like this:
manga-collection.jpg

That storage on the picture is quite nice. But, I don't know how long manga would last being squeezed on the floor for. Try argos or something. I'll try take a picture of my storage later :p

I think I've recommmended <a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8758275/c_1/1|cat_10197552|Storage|10197771/Trail/searchtext%3EDVD+STORAGE.htm">these</a> before. They're tall and slim (2m tall, 20cm across) and therefore make good use of the space they occupy. And they're cheap. I can fit 9-10 books per shelf, so that's 72-80 per unit.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I think I've recommmended <a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8758275/c_1/1|cat_10197552|Storage|10197771/Trail/searchtext%3EDVD+STORAGE.htm">these</a> before. They're tall and slim (2m tall, 20cm across) and therefore make good use of the space they occupy. And they're cheap. I can fit 9-10 books per shelf, so that's 72-80 per unit.

I vaguely recall you providing the links during one your many messages. :p

Would it be possible for you to provide me with some digi cam images of your unit(s) so that I can a) spy on you and b) see how they look with lots of manga on 'em? If they look good enough I'll order a few and, providing I'm pleased, I'll the order some more since they're cheap.

fabricatedlunatic said:

After working ALL day putting 3 of them together and then rearranging my ENTIRE collection, putting everything in order of size and alphabetical order, I've finally finished. Although the 3 units are already full (it was lucky I ordered 3!), my entire collection is now on show for the first time ever (wish I had a decent cam...), with all my individual volumes *just* about fitting on my huge £80 unit, most of my box sets fitting on my smaller £40 unit and all my manga on 3 of the units Fabio linked to.

I had lots of fun with the first 2 units. My first mistake, due to a lack of patience and DIY knowledge, was putting a 5th dowel into a hole that was meant for a screw. It was only after forcing it in with a hammer that I read the instructions and came to the realization that I only needed 4 dowels in, and by then it was well and truly stuck. I then spent the best part of 30 minutes attempting to remove the dowel, ending up smashing it to pieces and having to miss a dowel.

Then, on my second unit, disaster struck when I got cocky. Even though I was fully aware that I have a goldfish memory, I thought I no longer needed to read the instructions, instead deciding pushing on with the building process would be for the best. This came back to hurt me when I made the simple yet very troublesome error of fixing both sides of the second half together without adding the back first - I had assumed I'd be able to slide it in after like with the first half. I had to use the small bumbs on my arms that are supposed to be muscles and rip off one side...which ending up breaking a dowel and causing some cosmetic damage to the screw socket (it had already been tightened). And, to top it off, after getting the back in place and the side back on, I then realized that I was supposed to fix the top on before putting both sides together. I crie at this point.

Thankfully, there were no errors on my third attempt - I'd become somewhat of a master by that stage. After ******* up so much on my first two, it's pretty safe to say I'll no longer make any errors...unless I leave buying anymore for months and forget how to build them.

...Anyway, I just wanted to post saying cheers to Fabio for the tip - they're top units. I have my 3 stood next to each other, stuck together with some bluetack, and they look great. They're easy enough to put together (....), cheap, slender enough to fit into most spaces and hold a lot. I'll be buying more next year. :)

Aion said:
my entire collection is now on show for the first time ever (wish I had a decent cam...)

Next year I'm going to look out for a good deal on HUKD. I have a decent collection and it'd be nice to show it to others. :)

Since next year I'm going to make it my mission to sell all the **** anime taking up space, I'll need to get one before the next eBay free listing day.

Same here. My collection might not be as big as yours, but I still have anime I want to sell out of lack of interest (e.g. Elfen Lied) or only collecting part of a series and not finishing it (e.g. Hellsing).

Back