WHERE HAS MY F****** SPACE GONE!? ****!!!

Aion

Time-Traveller
I have very serious problem; I have nowhere left to store my anime, manga and PS2 games. I currently have 2x this, 1x a 150ish DVD unit (my normal movies are on it) and a little two shelf unit I got with my PC desk. Everything is full, and that's not including the extra black thing that's full with all my game guides and my TV unit that has all my PS1 games on it.

I can probably fit one more of the £80 units in my room but that's it; I won't be able to find enough space for another. So, before I go ahead and spend another £80, I thought I'd ask to see if any other nerds have found a more effective way of storing their junk.

My reason for creating this today is because I had 20 volumes of manga arrive. I've had to move DVDs off my unit to fit them all on; I had no space.

In short: How the hell do other nerds manage to buy mass amounts of anime/manga and store it all without allowing any of it to get damaged?

I guess you could find another room somewhere in your house or something? Or, buy more cabinets? Or, sell some of it? :p

I'm nearly out of room too, but I just keep buying these wall mount things which seem to do the job (They hold about 80 dvds each, so I can keep buying them, and putting them higher and higher up to reach my roof - And when I reach the roof, I fill the other walls with them! ;D)

I have DVDs in vertical stacks on the floor. Books too. I'm just very careful with them - my nice boxes go on a bookcase but anything in a plastic keepcase can take it.

I doubt my collection is as big as yours judging by the size of those units Aion, but I have *no* wall space left. I suppose I could try putting up shelves, but I live in an old house and I've only tried once - That resulted in a two-inch wide hole in the plaster.

The problem with Ebay bargain hunting is that, once you get good at winning auctions for cheap, you find yourself with stuff you have no space for. Winning Chrono Crusade 1-8 for £16, Berserk 1-4 for £5, Love Hina 1-5 for £10 and other stuff on the same day is evidence of this. Manga takes up a hell of a lot of space and, unlike with DVD cases, they get damaged far easier.

I have a pre-order for the Death Note manga box set - God knows where that's going to go. I've got my Naruto set on top of the small (and handy) unit that came with my desk but I have nowhere safe to store another large box set. :/

I could do with some shelves but I'm inexperienced in the DIY department. I have a fair amount of of wood that came with my 2 units for extra shelves (in case I used the units for CDs) but I'd probably screw up if I attempted to attach them to the wall. ;___; It was a pain just building my units with instructions...

And, no, I have no fear of the units squashing me to death when when is drilled to the wall and the other has some strong fabric holding it (with a nail). :) It would take a strong earthquake for them to fall.

You could do what I did with my DVD collection and that was to buy a large CD/DVD holder, which can hold something like 150-200 DVDs. A DVD holder as in something a DJ would have to store his collection, you could get something classy and get the big metal box versions too.

1st wall: my PC desk, door and a radiator
2nd wall: 3 wardrobes (built into the wall)
3rd wall: window with space for only one DVD unit and one set of drawers at one side
4th wall: my bed, another set of drawers and a DVD unit

:/

I could be creative with my furniture and maybe squeeze another one or two DVD units in, or even store my DVDs in the wardrobe with shelves, but I have very little money to spare right now, and I'm moving soon anyway.

I've just ordered my third bookshelf today, the measures seems similar to yours aion, I've also mastered the two row piling up... right now, I'm like "just passing through" and pilling things up on the floor.

We solved this by moving to a bigger house. But now it's full too. So we're hoping the housing market adjusts a little more and then we'll move somewhere bigger with room for more bookcases/shelves :(

In the meantime I'm trying to jump on the sofa whenever husband isn't looking to break it so I can free up the wall space it uses and replace it with two more bookcases and some beanbags. Heh heh heh. Half kidding.

R

It's truly quite shocking how depraved the minds of lesser anime fans are.

Can I see the video of this naked sofa bouncing session plz?

Please, if you're making suggestions, link to what you're referring to. There are many 400+ units out there; I'm not going to look for everything that can hold 400+ DVDs GOD DAMNIT.

I'm not looking forward to when my Secondspin orders turn up. 10 Nadia DVDs, 4 Boogiepop(w/e) Phantom DVDs and lots of art boxes...and I have nowhere to put 'em. I'm going to have to start doing what I did prior to getting my first 100+ DVD unit - Stack my DVDs. I gave my Cowboy Bebop box sets white corners by doing that with my £30 sets in the past. ;___;

Aion said:
Please, if you're making suggestions, link to what you're referring to. There are many 400+ units out there; I'm not going to look for everything that can hold 400+ DVDs GOD DAMNIT.

Easy :p They were selling them cheap at this place Stationary Box, but I dunno if they'll have one in you're area. I'm sure it came under the title of 'DJ Box' or somat but naturally DVD's are fine with it.

Back