What's your internet speed?

On Orange/EE at the moment, I'm making the upgrade to BT Infinity next week. In the meantime, I've got this:

3607952696.png

Ladies and Gentlemen, my internet connection just dropped a bomb. No wonder I couldn't watch the rest of JoJo dubbed.

3608069827.png

That ping is one of the greatest things I've seen posted on these forums. Give your mice some more food to encourage them to run around the wheel a bit faster. :p

ayase said:
robot monkey said:
I cannot see how to post it up by from my iPad but over 4G I get 56.51 Mbps download & 21.18 Mbps upload.
That's an idea, I've never tested my mobile data speed before.

Now I wish I hadn't, I knew it was slow. 3.43 down, 2.08 up. Ping 74ms. 4G in the North f*cking when, Three?

My 4G speed is on average between two to three times that of my landline BB, depending on the time of day.

To the best of my knowledge my landline BB speed hasn't increased in a number of years now.

I'm now on my plusnet fibre connection, and even though they said that I would only get 69Mb/s...

I nearly crapped myself when the needle started getting close to 75Mb/s

Also I could only get just under 20Mb/s download on my iPod touch a little while after the connection went live.

demonix said:
Also I could only get just under 20Mb/s download on my iPod touch a little while after the connection went live.
You might find that the touch doesn't support speed much higher than that.
Different devices/wireless adaptors have different max supported speeds. I'm on a 100mb/s connection, but whilst my Nexus 7 Second Gen supports it my laptop maxes out at 60-70mb/s.

Had to do a router reboot last night because plusnet decided to do some maintenance and the connection dropped and didn't come back on, but there was a slight boost to the upload speed.

I had skype on (on my computer as m$ has decided to only allow iOS 7 users access to skype through their app) which might have tainted the results a little bit.

Noticed something was odd (being able to stream 480p slightly better and was able to watch an entire episode of Akame ga Kill! without the video stopping via Crunchyroll's PS3 app) so I did another speed test.

3695853600.png

Originally was around 1.10 Mb/s since the new router but I guess the works around the village have improved the broadband.

3701822639.png

This is hardly anything compared to some folks on here but it does it's job fine, I hardly download much nowadays, but with TV Season starting next month that's about to change :p.

Anyone still remember the dial up days? aah good memories with AOL and that noise it would make when it was dialling up.

Holy smokes NormanicGrav !

Baggie_Saiyan said:

This is normal where I live (see the first speed test on a few pages back).

Turns out we were on dial up and didn't use the normal internet speed so as a result we had a significant internet boost from 0.25 to 1.4 Mb/s. Download speed wise - 50 KB/s to 150 KB/s.

Next year the village should be on super fast broadband but between now and then I'll be back in Uni where I'll have fibre optic anyway. But for now I can watch YouTube videos without a hussle.

Oh damn just saw your 0.2mb/s reminds me of my ol' sixth form place and the like really **** internet, it was so **** the speed test wouldn't even work haha!!

NormanicGrav said:
Baggie_Saiyan said:

This is normal where I live (see the first speed test on a few pages back).

Turns out we were on dial up and didn't use the normal internet speed so as a result we had a significant internet boost from 0.25 to 1.4 Mb/s. Download speed wise - 50 KB/s to 150 KB/s.

Next year the village should be on super fast broadband but between now and then I'll be back in Uni where I'll have fibre optic anyway. But for now I can watch YouTube videos without a hussle.

I'm surprised you can't hit much higher than that. Are you limited to something like 2-4mbps at best? I know that the internet at home has been/does get bad but we do reach a peak of about 7mbps if the evening is kind to us.

Arbalest said:
I'm surprised you can't hit much higher than that. Are you limited to something like 2-4mbps at best? I know that the internet at home has been/does get bad but we do reach a peak of about 7mbps if the evening is kind to us.

The broadband should be way above that (Home sellers have listed our area to be around 24Mb/s or something) but as long as the cables are made of copper the entire village is limited to the number I said. It can't be helped that the main power source is in another village miles away which isn't helping, heck the village next to us is on fibre optic.

After spending 11 years with a terrible internet connection, I am now on Superfast Broadband at home (well I have been for the past couple of months):

4420211097.png

Just to compare, this was the original - highest download speed was about 60KB:
2953772912.png

And this happened last year when we realised our connection was on dial up. We also got a new router:
3695853600.png

Back