What's your internet speed?

I noticed the internet connection back at home has slightly improved in comparison to before I went to University, of course we still don't have super fast broadband or fiber optic so we're stuck in the stone age. After noticing YouTube's buffering is better than usual here (I can actually stream videos at lower resolutions like 240p and 360p), I did a speed test:

3578923714.png

It's double the amount from what it used to be (see above posts).

Here we go, here we go..~~

Knowing where I live, being at the back end of the line and sharing the line/box (or whatever it was that got destroyed thanks to a tractor earlier in the week) with 3 other houses I'm actually not disappointed at the results.
I'd like faster results, but who doesn't? (bar Ilmaestro...) Might investigate at what hour I get best results during summer break.

Btw, I'm so happy the server is acting optimistic. :p "Faster than 50%" could as well have been "Slower than 50%", though without comma I can't tell how close of a call it is. Though, my grade is another thing that can back the first letter in my Twittername now.. =P

ilmaestro said:
My jaw might have fallen off seeing that. >_<

Do you work for Nasa or something Ilmae? The page must load before you even click on it.

Here is mine. I found this to be an exhilarating experience.

What's Ping please?

I am dreading finding out what the internet speed at my Mums is! I might test it tonight. I don't have internet at mine yet but I am pondering. Would be good to know the "best" but also "cheapish" one to go for. My Mums with Sky.

Is it true you can call up your provider and ask them to put you onto a different phone line? if so, would what I just typed literally be what you say on the phone? haha.

robot monkey said:
I cannot see how to post it up by from my iPad but over 4G I get 56.51 Mbps download & 21.18 Mbps upload.
That's an idea, I've never tested my mobile data speed before.

Now I wish I hadn't, I knew it was slow. 3.43 down, 2.08 up. Ping 74ms. 4G in the North f*cking when, Three?

Back