What's your internet speed?

Apparently the net in my area is getting upgraded for free in the next few days, So I should be going from 60 -> 100mb.
3583586484.png

-Danielle- said:
Download 3.33, Upload 0.70, Ping 35.

I knew Sky were giving my Mum sh*t internet :p
The provider doesn't dictate the speed as where ADSL is concerned it all depends on how far you are from the exchange (fibre from providers that use BT's equipment only depends on the distance to the cabinet which could give anything upto 80Mb/s download and upload speeds that can give virgin media's a good kicking).

I'm actually going to be getting my own phone line sorted out with fibre broadband from plusnet (£9.99 per month for the first 6 months and £19.99 after that along with the £15.95 line rental charge and 99p for caller display), so I'll be posting my new speed test in the next few weeks (it depends on when BTOR can get the line set up and then hook it up to the fibre cabinet).

ayase said:
Now I wish I hadn't, I knew it was slow. 3.43 down, 2.08 up. Ping 74ms. 4G in the North f*cking when, Three?
Jeez, you guys finally get internet after all these years and now you're demanding the Earth!

ilmaestro said:
ayase said:
Now I wish I hadn't, I knew it was slow. 3.43 down, 2.08 up. Ping 74ms. 4G in the North f*cking when, Three?
Jeez, you guys finally get internet after all these years and now you're demanding the Earth!
Ee, ah remember t' days when me Usenet replies were delivered by pony and trap. Never would 'a known she were a fella neither.

Not long after I witnessed the broadband speed get better, BT cuts us off again in the morning a few days ago and puts us back online only to find the speed got worse (it ended up being about 0.7 Mbps instead of 1.2 Mbps).

So after a while I figured I should keep testing the speed and right now I got the same as the recent spike a week back.

3588395349.png

1.46 Mbps = ~ 186.88 kbps (93.44 KiloBytes in one second)

Still 90% worse than everyone else here.

UPDATE - Downloading a YouTube video to test the speed, I'm getting 160 KB/s. Seems legit.

Here's mine.
Done on a wireless laptop and tested on a Sunday (usually it runs much faster). My main wired PC gets around 149 Download, 12 Upload, and a ping of around 10-15.

I've got my plusnet fibre order in and confirmed for a setup in a little over two weeks time, so this is the last hurrah test from sky as the next time (after the 10 day DLM had been completed) the test will have plusnet in the ISP section (and will be a heck of a lot faster on both download and upload).

I'm on BT Infinity 2 so this is more or less what I expected as they did quote me 65mb when I signed up

edit- DOn't know why i'm on the nottingham server seeing as I live in Sutton Coldfield which is pretty much Birmingham :/

Yeah but I can only choose Leicester or Nottingham :/

Oh well. 1ms ping is rather impressive for BT. Used to get about 25/30 with virgin.

Back