Whats your biggest bug-bear?

People who smoke cigarettes in doorways/near open windows (even though it is supposed to be against the law :evil: ). Where I work people can barely wait to get out the building before lighting up a cigarette.

Couple of driving ones:

People who go at 30 in a 40 zone.

People who sit in the middle land of the Motorway when they should have moved over to the left hand lane already.

A more general one:

Telephones.

ilmaestro said:
Couple of driving ones:

People who go at 30 in a 40 zone.

People who sit in the middle land of the Motorway when they should have moved over to the left hand lane already.

A more general one:

Telephones.

oh don't, twice this week i've had the pleasure of being stuck behind a wall of trucks because they cannot understand when to change lanes.

i joined at junct 11 and was heading south when a truck was going at 50mph in the trawler lane and another doing 45-50 in the middle lane, i could joing but was immediatly stuck. Thankfully the board at the top signalled that the hard shoulder can be used so i had to use that to get past them.

The second incident was where 3 trucks tried to overtake each other - which resulted in a truck in each lane blocking everyone from passing them as they were all doing 50mph when its 70... either drop back, overtake or speed up!!!! don't just trawl along you mindless fools ¬____¬

Flies are an anomally to life, they can somehow find the window which is barely open and climb through the tiny space to enter but when it comes to escaping they just headbutt the window and climb up and down till death.

its the equivelant to giving a moron the power to fly and watching to see what he does with it... nothing clever.

*People who talk with their mouths full

*People who are in say....a busy shop with thin aisles (or somewhere else with limited walking space)...and they see a friend and decide to have a conversation with them without moving to a wider area. Just standing there blocking everyone's way. Worse if they have a pram with them too that takes up even more space.

Cathe said:
People who are in say....a busy shop with thin aisles (or somewhere else with limited walking space)...and they see a friend and decide to have a conversation with them without moving to a wider area. Just standing there blocking everyone's way. Worse if they have a pram with them too that takes up even more space.

THIS.

Also:
-people who do not use their indicators when driving
-groups who spread out to fill the entire footpath/pavement when walking
-irresponsible dog owners

Cathe - I agree with your post, if you aren't already a driver then good luck and you'll have to endure the pain of people who block both lanes of the road with their cars, get out and start having a chat on the roadside whilst their cars block the whole street.

Its idiots like that who somehow always get away with it, but if i tried it they would be on the phone to the police in seconds.

Double standards for different people - it disgusts me.

When you're walking behind someone, and when you attempt to pass by them they swerve right in front of you. I sometimes wonder if some people are drunk 24/7. In a similar scenario, I hate it when I'm stuck behind someone who is slow at walking because I can't get past due to walls or traffic. Oh, people who block the way anywhere because they're talking to someone or they just leave their **** in the open space I need to get by, like in supermarket aisles or entrances to any building. I also get irritated when people get in my personal space when, for example, standing at traffic light crossings. Anything more than a foot makes me paranoid that they're trying to pickpocket me.

I guess I just hate people with no awareness of others.

Other stuff:

Chewing with mouth full
Slurping
Dog **** on the pavement

Cathe said:
*People who talk with their mouths full

*People who are in say....a busy shop with thin aisles (or somewhere else with limited walking space)...and they see a friend and decide to have a conversation with them without moving to a wider area. Just standing there blocking everyone's way. Worse if they have a pram with them too that takes up even more space.

Similar note: when three people walk side-by-side across a pavement where that is basically the limit of people you can have on a pavement and you're stuck behind their dawdling pace...

@ilmae: I second telephones. I hate them, IhatethemIhatethemIhatethem! The sole consolation is that with mobiles you can at least choose what noise they make so the ringing is not quite as irritating. I currently have the original trainer battle music from Pokémon :p

People who don't say 'Thank you.' when you hold a door open for them. Get that quite a bit on a daily basis.

Been a bit vocal about it sometimes, too.

This is all kinda interesting... Do you guys think you would feel differently if your initial expectations were that people would behave poorly, and then you could be pleasantly surprised when they didn't (rather than the reverse)?

ayase said:
Do you guys think you would feel differently if your initial expectations were [the opposite of what they are now]?
Almost by definition, yes.

But more seriously, I'm not sure. Just because I expect something ****** to happen does not make it any less ******.

Back