What's the worst anime you own on DVD?

mangaman74 said:
Re: Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo

I never said this was a crap show, I just said I did not enjoy it. The problem I had with the show was on the visual side. As with marmite you either like the visuals or hate them.

Other people have listed The Wings of Honneamise, Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Panic and Howl's Moving Castle, all shows/films that I like. At the end of the day everyone has different tastes, different likes/dislikes.

As for getting volume 1 of Gankutsuou, I am currently getting less anime as I do not want to buy stuff again on Blu-Ray.

Regardless of what you said, you listed one of the best series in existence, which was based on one of the most loved novels in existence, in a thread where you name and shame the worst anime(s) you own on DVD. Your sin is great.

And, if you can't appreciate the wonderful visuals and the huge amount of efort that must surely have been put into making the series look beautiful, your eyes fail you, almost as much as your fingers have failed you as a poster in this thread.

Ban hammer pls. No-one should e allowed to post negative comments about any of the series in my five, for I have wonderful taste.

Clouded said:
The worst thing in my collection?.....

Well, that has to be Jinki:Extend...started off well but from the 2nd episode onwards...it was rubbish (you get confused quite easily i'll just add)

It's less confusing if you watch it twice I found

Did you watch it in dub or sub because I've found in this case sub defiantly makes it better
It has rukias voice actress in it!!!!!!!!!!!! 8DDDDD

Also, Lensman has gotta be up there too.

Legend of four kings, although not the worst was a massive let-down since we searched far and wide for the VHS set and it turned out to be a bit of a non-story.

Well I got this Yu Yu Hakusho movie DVD, which kinda sucks because the "movie" is only 20 mins long & different voice actors are used.
But I actually love Yu Yu Hakusho, it's the other "movie" that's on the DVD that I feel is the worse I own.. it's called Ninku. LOL, it isn't to bad but compared to the rest of the aniem I own it is xD

I can safely say the worst anime i own is Street Fighter Alpha 2 Generations, followed by Divergence Eve and then a tie between Gravion and Gundam SEED

BlackWolf said:
I can safely say the worst anime i own is Street Fighter Alpha 2 Generations, followed by Divergence Eve and then a tie between Gravion and Gundam SEED

Yo don't like GUNDAM SEED!!!???? :cry:

unellmay said:
BlackWolf said:

Yo don't like GUNDAM SEED!!!???? :cry:

i'll clarify that this is purely on the shows i own on DVD, if i were to rate the shows that i've seen then it would fare a bit better but i still consider Seed to be marginally better then Seed Destiny which is tied with SD Gundam Force the worst of the gundam franchise (and yes i've seen G Gundam but i actually like that show)

There is a good side to the SEED universe though and that's the Astray spin off series :p

This is SD Gundam Force

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgCmEUqjr-M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UgCmEUqjr-M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

(The first SD Gundam was actually a series of short Parodies that made fun of the first few Gundam shows, SD Gundam Force though was different from these)

looks cute?

I like the cel shadedness of it anyway =3

Is that the only reason you don't like it?

I've seen a lot of people on the internet bashing it
and the only reason I could think of why that is
the obvious gay undertones between Kira and Atrun

SEED on its own is just showing off how great Kira is which gets annoying, and for having a character who is a real bitch (Flay). Freedom aside the mechs just didn't appeal to me at all unlike the other series designs, and the story just didn't grab me in the slightest. SEED Destiny then just drags the whole thing down, having a main character change just becase the other character is more popular is never a good sign.

I still say you should look into the Gundam SEED Astray series mind :) I would of been much happier if that was animated instead of the main series :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
BlackWolf said:
Freedom aside the mechs just didn't appeal to me at all unlike the other series designs, and the story just didn't grab me in the slightest.
I saw a few seconds of the computer-generated character animation and fled. Akira it was not.

I have a few that I thought were disappointing and anoyed me, but none that I really dislike and I actually enjoyed a few that others really seem to hate - Jinki Extend, Riding Bean, Advent Children, Excell Saga and both series of Divergance Eve. ( In fact, I think the second series of Divergance Eve was the very first imported DVD I bought. )

Actually I take back what I said about not disliking any of my Anime DVDs...

I forgot about FLCL, it was completely bloody shite.

unellmay said:
pom poko 9/10
I actually think that's nuttier than thinking Howl's Moving Castle isn't that great. Pom Poko is a one trick pony, and it's a shame that one trick involves Testicle Battery. Probably the 'worst' DVD I own, but then why would I keep something I don't particularly like?
unellmay said:
Obvious wears a Yzak and Dearka shaped grin.

Tasker said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x

kupocake said:
unellmay said:
pom poko 9/10
I actually think that's nuttier than thinking Howl's Moving Castle isn't that great. Pom Poko is a one trick pony, and it's a shame that one trick involves Testicle Battery. Probably the 'worst' DVD I own, but then why would I keep something I don't particularly like?

unellmay said:
Obvious wears a Yzak and Dearka shaped grin.

1 I'll take that off your hands
and I thought it was delightful =D probally one of the few film mizaki made that didn't involve little girls that loli obsessed freak

2 I didn't even notice them at all

also lacus/meer was hot

unellmay said:
Tasker said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x
To each its own, I guess.

I love the absurdly over the top nonsense of FLCL. Animation is great, music is great the story is great (provided you can accept the nonsensical nature of it).

Because of all the nonsense and lack of any explanation, I understand this show is hard to appreciate and not for everyone.

unellmay said:

also lacus/meer was hot

She was meh really, i never bought into her relationship with Kira at all, the best pairing in that whole show was Cagali and Arthun...and they even messed that up.

Once you start looking at other gundam shows you'll see better women then Lacus, like Sumargi and Feldt in 00

Turns out there was another DVD in my collection which i bought thinking it was going to be good and it turned out to be complete and utter rubbish. Tekken the Motion Picture, god i was stupid when i was younger
-_-

BlackWolf said:
unellmay said:

also lacus/meer was hot

She was meh really, i never bought into her relationship with Kira at all, the best pairing in that whole show was Cagali and Arthun...and they even messed that up.

Once you start looking at other gundam shows you'll see better women then Lacus, like Sumargi and Feldt in 00

Turns out there was another DVD in my collection which i bought thinking it was going to be good and it turned out to be complete and utter rubbish. Tekken the Motion Picture, god i was stupid when i was younger
-_-

I completely forgot bout 00
I guess your sort of right Sumeragi defiantly had a little more depth to her as a character and was therefore more interesting then lacus but she still pretty hot and I don't even remember the other one

ps I liked 00 better but I still like seed

Back