What's the worst anime you own on DVD?

Just Passing Through said:
Robotech Masters
See your Robotech Master and raise you Robotech Sentinels
Otogi Zoshi- for dull lifeless characters
Neon Genesis Evangelion- Death and Rebirth- For a recap movie that left you puzzled even you understood the anime and an extended trailer for End of Eva than made me want to punch the screen and throw the disk into orbit.
Boogie Pop Phantom Evolution - Huh? It wasn't even scary, made little sense, and was often so dark i couldn't see what was going on.

chaos said:
unellmay said:
Tasker said:
Actually I take back what I said about not disliking any of my Anime DVDs...

I forgot about FLCL, it was completely bloody shite.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x
To each its own, I guess.

I love the absurdly over the top nonsense of FLCL. Animation is great, music is great the story is great (provided you can accept the nonsensical nature of it).

Because of all the nonsense and lack of any explanation, I understand this show is hard to appreciate and not for everyone.

I can usually get some enjoyment out of pretty much anything, regardless of it's little faults and foibles, but this was just trying too hard to be hip and felt forced.

As you say though, to each it's own.

Tasker said:
chaos said:
unellmay said:
Tasker said:
Actually I take back what I said about not disliking any of my Anime DVDs...

I forgot about FLCL, it was completely bloody shite.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x
To each its own, I guess.

I love the absurdly over the top nonsense of FLCL. Animation is great, music is great the story is great (provided you can accept the nonsensical nature of it).

Because of all the nonsense and lack of any explanation, I understand this show is hard to appreciate and not for everyone.

I can usually get some enjoyment out of pretty much anything, regardless of it's little faults and foibles, but this was just trying too hard to be hip and felt forced.

As you say though, to each it's own.
You might want stay away from Excel Saga as well then.

chaos said:
You might want stay away from Excel Saga as well then.

I actually enjoyed Excel Saga, I even own it on DVD.

Unlike FLCL though, Excel Saga actually spreads out the 'quirkyness', doesn't overwhelm you and makes some kind of sense.

Back