What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?

Hyaku said:
TRASHBAT said:
Super Ted,The Racoons,Banana Man,Family Ness,Wacky Races,The Jetsons,Christopher The Crocodile,Biker Mice From Mars,The Mask,Alvin and The Chipmunks,The Snorks,Sharky and George...

more will come to me :D

The Mask cartoon was so funny, wonder if it airs anywhere still :shock:

It really was so good wasn't it :p I would probably watch it if they aired it somewhere,though i dont think it's on anywhere.

Ryo Chan said:
Denver the Last Dinosaur, Defenders of the earth, Captain Planet, The Racoons and Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Showing my age now

They were superb :), but lets not forget ThunderCats (successful for 10 years) and Transformers (Optimus Prime is Jewish)

Edit: Who remembers Ulysses 31?

Here's something to show my age:

The haziest, most distant, but also fondest memories come from Ulysses 31 and Battle of the Planets (only now, 20+ years later do I discover their relevance to anime)
Thought that U31 had the best theme tune known to man at the time - just youtubed it...not quite as good as I remember.

Danger Mouse had to be the peak of my childhood fav's, but have memories of Inspector Gadget and He-Man in there too, somewhere.

Think the slightly cheesy but awesome Thundercats was about the last cartoon I loved as a 'kid' before progressing onto more mature programs like Neighbours :shock: :wink:

"thunder...Thunder...THUNDER!......."

A load of the ones already mentioned, plus...

Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers
Ducktales
Tailspin
Aladdin
Goof Troop
Darkwing Duck
Gummi Bears

I got the super-cheap boxsets of the first two recently...hurry up and do the rest Disney!

Does anyone remember that really fruity cartoon 'Transylvanian Petshop' :p?

Looking back, it was a really quite a mindfuck of a burden to allow kids to watch ^^

It's good to see the likes of Dangermouse, Thundercats and Inspector Gadget on the lists there...they were my own childhood faves! I feel ever so slightly less old now! :p

i still remember inspector gadget now you mention it, i watched it when i was a kid. There isn't much more i think i saw.

Tom and Jerry
Scooby Doo
Looney Tunes
almost any Disney film
Dangermouse

Dexter's Laboratory
Spongebob Squarepants

That's all I can remember for now.

random_pie said:
Tom and Jerry
Scooby Doo
Looney Tunes
almost any Disney film
Dangermouse

Dexter's Laboratory
Spongebob Squarepants

That's all I can remember for now.

I kinda like Scooby Doo, but I felt the show was flawed because they never found a real monster =P

And you can totally tell shaggy liked to get high 24/7

Hyaku said:
Outlawstar said:
Used to love fern gully and the lion king.Nothing but disney as a youngin.

I seriously think I've seen the Lion King at least 50 times, along with the Jungle Book.

Lion King is one of my fave drinking movies, we used to sit in front of the DVD at uni, get drunk, and sing along to akuna matata

I loved series like Visionaires (I would love the dvd) and Pole Position oh and best of all MASK

Hyaku said:

Looking back, it was a really quite a mindfuck of a burden to allow kids to watch ^^

oh god how could i forget?! Docter Zit Bag's Transylvanian Pet Shop :D Loved it.

Also remembered Shoe People,Poddington Peas and Count Duckula.

TRASHBAT said:
Hyaku said:

oh god how could i forget?! Docter Zit Bag's Transylvanian Pet Shop :D Loved it.

Also remembered Shoe People,Poddington Peas and Count Duckula.

Its all coming back to me! :p :twisted:

Pwoar...Let's see...ah, i used to love watching pink panther when i was a kid! Oh, and dinosaurs!
I watched a ton of cartoons, but i remember those being my favourite. :p

Manga Girls said:
McIcy,

I can totally picture you singing that song.

(And what a great song that was too!)

Respect.

M.G xx

Aw thanks, we usedto stagger home from the pub many a night flick though the dvd's and we always ended up watching it, well either that or Die Hard (who doesn't love quoting from that movie)

Back