What video game would you like to see a sequel to?

Chibi Yosho

School Idol
If it's another video game, a movie, a book, whatever forum, what game would you like a sequel of?

Myself, I'd like to see a sequel of many of the Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy VII, for example, isn't one of my favourite games but the ending was left so a sequel could be done (unless you agree with Neptune's version of the ending). I'd love to see Squall, Zell, Selphie, Laguna and many more of the cast (excluding Rinoa) in a sequel, even a movie (which has to be done right *ahem*). But really they're doing too much with VII when they could concentrate on another Final Fantasy game.

I'd also like to see some more Psychic Force games. There are 2 that I know of and one that I have but this game was so amazing and has such amazing characters that more games should be made. The OVA was a huge let down and I couldn't bare to watch the second episode so they should stick with games, maybe they could make a different genre game, like adventure or RPG. Eventhough this is very unlikely to happen I wish it would.

Finally, I'd like to see a sequel to Evergrace. I'd like to see the same battle system, the same dress up system but a good storyline. Really, this game had potential, I can't say that enough! But it ultimately sucked.

Chibi Yosho said:
I'd also like to see some more Psychic Force games. There are 2 that I know of and one that I have but this game was so amazing and has such amazing characters that more games should be made. The OVA was a huge let down and I couldn't bare to watch the second episode so they should stick with games, maybe they could make a different genre game, like adventure or RPG. Eventhough this is very unlikely to happen I wish it would.

Finally, I'd like to see a sequel to Evergrace. I'd like to see the same battle system, the same dress up system but a good storyline. Really, this game had potential, I can't say that enough! But it ultimately sucked.

I agree about Psychic Force, the sequel was great (though some people say it's not as good as the original) and needs another sooner rather than later.

There is a sequel to Evergrace called Forever Kingdom (Evergrace II in Japan) that hasn't been released in Europe yet.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/forever ... eview.html

I would definatly like to see an FF8 sequal!!!I would like that muchly!!
Seriously what is everyones problem with Rinoa? I like her...sure she is annoying at times but why?

KittySeras said:
I would definatly like to see an FF8 sequal!!!I would like that muchly!!
Seriously what is everyones problem with Rinoa? I like her...sure she is annoying at times but why?

I think you may have answered your own question there. Rinoa is extremely annoying. Hot, but annoying. Plus she leaves Squall unavailiable which is very harsh on all my straight girl friends out there who managed to beat the game only to watch Squall and little miss no fashion sense having a snog. I could go on, but my point is made. Although I don't detest her as much as some other anime characters it has to be said.

An FF8 sequel has the potential to be FABULOUS! The characters are awesome. Not entirely sure where they'd go with the plot though coz everything seemed to have been resolved...

Last edited by a moderator:
I always wanted an FF8 sequel where you couldplay as Seifer, Raijin and Fujin and have Griever, Tiamat etc as GFs, it's probably just the novelty of the idea but I thought it would make a fun little game.

Another game that really deserves a sequel is Legend of Dragoon; it was an enjoyable game but saddled with more than a few flaws (dodgy translation, certain characters who were essentially useless, and so on...). A second, more polished game would have been most welcome.

The one thing with sequals is that they have the potential to screw up so much of what made their originals so good. Which is why I would like to see any Final Fantasy prior to X to not have any sequals, because most ended themselves pretty well (my opinion anyway). As for me, I would love to see another Shogo: MAD, another ZOE, or another Virtual ON game. The world needs more good giant robot games!

FFVIII would make a great sequel even with my theory: Rinoa is Ultimecia and Squall gets erased from time. because then we can do FFVIII-2!

Imagine: Rinoa, Quistis and Selphie going on a journey through time. Rinoa is looking for Squall, but Quistis and Selphie thinks she's crazy. They decide to tag along anyway! It would play in a similar way to FFX-2 but without the dresspheres. Instead they merge with their GF and depending on comptability - how 1337 it will be.
While Rinoa is starting to resent the whole of SeeD for various reasons, Quistis has sub-text conversations with Xu and Selphie dumps Irvine! Booyaka!

Sub quests include:
Quistis trying to retain her Card King title.
Selphie recruiting more SeeD members to add to the party like in FFX-2 International.
Rinoa looks for 'him' and song inspirations! *shock*
Zell, Irvine + others make cameo apperances including Edea who is pregnant and still has the same character model!

They slowly discover the true enemy and finally remember Squall. It then goes back to the ending of Final Fantasy VIII but with the irony that everyone is erased! THE END

Other games that need sequels:
Gitaroo Man
Legaia 2
Haunting Ground
Clock Tower 3
________
Motorcycle Tires

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that FFX-3 should be released..i already know of rumours about it, but i am not sure if and when it would be released....i would think it would be someone elses story...like..rikku maybe...what else..erm...if i can think of any more i will get back to you

neptune2venus said:
and Selphie dumps Irvine! Booyaka!

OMG, no. He is the best character in the game, one of the best in the whole of Final Fantasy (Celes is the best, of course). I suppose if they don't get together we get to see Irvine the bishy and his shounen-ai side quest which Neptune forgot to put in her list.

I want to see a sequel to Chrono Trigger.

And no, Chrono Cross doesn't count :p

I would actually sell my parents for Baldur's Gate 3 and Planescape: Torment 2.

Also, a genuine sequel to the first Knights of the Old Republic (you know, one where you played the SAME CHARACTER? :evil: ) would rock the house.

On the FFVII arguement square have done what they need to do with Advent Children they dont need a direct sequel now, but i would really, really like a remake of the title because, well, its one of the best stories ever told! Dirge of Cerberus will most probably be a cop-out but will see.

FFVIII so many people love this title...me? It was a good 50 hour romp for me but it just wasnt as good as VII, should be left well alone, the story is not open ended whatsoever IMO.

FFX was also one of my all time favourite games, the sequel was OK but i would have rather left it as a tragic ending! FFX-3, no chance, it would be nice if there was a story on par with FFX but if its like FFX-2's story, id give it a miss...when i was playing X-2 i wanted several key reminders of the search for Tidus (because FFX's ending was tragic) but that was lost and the story did wane a bit.

Anyway sequels, i love em, but for direct sequels to the FF games, id say leave well along.

On the Final Fantasy theme, after X-2 included the first, we still have two homosexual trios to play as; Auron the 1337, Braska and Jecht, and Nooj, Gippal and Baralai. They would make fun little games, givng a glimpse into Spira's past, although perhaps some of the action would be offscreen to keep the rating down, as in X-2. And we could see some of Lulu when she was young, which would be the best thing that ever happened to some fanboys. And ever better - no Tidus!

But seriously, Rinoa was really annoying. She was nigh-useless alone, and seemed to force herself into Squall's life, when we all know that what Squall really wanted was Seifer. And Quistis was so much more worthy...

Sorry to break all the ff talk but the game I wanna see a sequel to most is Shenmue 2 ! (If that counts lol). There's been loads of rumours whether it will come out or not and I just want the story to be complete, anyone who has played this will understand =P

Oni. Bungie had the combat system nailed with that game. It's a shame about, well, everything else in that game.

I'd also like a new game from Obsidian, something not necessarily based on an existing IP, and which they've got enough time to develope fully. A spiritual (not actual) successor to Planescape: Torment.

Back