What The Hell?

Dear gawd. Vegan bashing now? :roll:
Right, being Vegan for one this is a personal decision. It's like religion - A cow doesn't have a god or a scientific theory on their existance. Humans do.
So therefore, it's not natural for us to be vegan as we are onmivores (Veg and meat.)

However, it is a moral issue that is brought up to vegans - they dont want to eat meat that is slaughtered. These people may dislike the look of bloody meat or they think the action of killing an animal is wrong, but that's personal ideal.

If people dont want to believe there are multi-armed biengs ruling over them, they dont have to. If someone refuses to eat meat for whatever reason, then that's their choice.
I see myself as any other animal - therefore I choose to eat anything I like, being as free as omnivores are to digest these foods. I aint going to complain if the animal was killed by a bullet or such (but consider making it as painless as possible), since I'm making use of it. And I aint praying for every carrot picked out the ground while I'm steaming it in the machine.

So if you're gonna hate a vegan, it's not because they're herbavores - You just dont agree with their lifestyle, which is their choice.
I have no problem with their ideals anyways, whether it makes sense or not.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Also a certain amount of meat we consume enters the food chain after being killed because it was vermin, that would eat all our crops unless kept to a minimum, so slaughtering deer, rabbits and rats amongst other things, is justifiable and it saves wasting good meat by consuming the killed animal.
You forgot squirels. I couldn't eat one, because I think they're cute. I can eat rabbits though. Sorry Bugs Bunny...

Stuart-says-yes said:
Neferpitou said:
So you are suggesting that all the people who are posting their anger on here are Vegans when they could make up as little as 0.25 to 2% of the UK population, a virtual impossibility.

Not impossible, just highly improbable.

How can anyone not eat meat though, I mean, animals happily would eat us like a lion or a tiger, but its not all right for us to eat them.
Battery chickens have a horrible life but if you have a problem, just support the sellers who provide free-range chickens, so you know it had a good life.

We have a choice not too eat meat, carnivores likes the ones mentioned don't.

Doesn't matter if they are Free Range chickens or not their will still be hundreds of million male chicks which are useless in food industry which will be slaughtered often in horrible ways. There's no way to avoid that unless chickens in future genetically engineered to have vast majority of births being females chicks. But with people fears about genetic alteration in food that won't likely happen.

Also being labeled as free range doesn't mean it's going to have the best conditions. As you can charge so much more for free range chickens, people have been illegally been labeling batter hen eggs as free range, quite a few supermarkets were duped by this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ctors-spotted-the-free-range-label-fraud.html

The companies involved are trying to get the highest profit possible, free range chickens would often be given the absolute minimum conditions so they can qualify as free range. Not all free range chickens are given the minimum conditions I must admit, but their would great range of living conditions for chickens in the free range sector.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Neferpitou said:
If people really cared about animal in food welfare they would try to becomes vegans as that the only true way to avoid any cruelty to animals is stop using them as food source.

Most meat we eat lives a damn good life before it gets eaten, I should know I live on a farm after all.
Theres nothing cruel about slitting a sheeps through for example, its just the same as a lion eating a gazelle just we use a different method of killing.

You are probably right about animal conditions for UK produce meat that they are the best they can be. But with so much meat coming from aboard as it cheaper their no guarantees they would get as good treatment. Even with most humane conditions you can't avoid cruelty like the male chick problem or removing a calf from it mother as it been used in milk production.

------------------------

Any way the point I am making is NOT that you shouldn't eat meat, It's your choice to eat meat.

But simply don't criticize someone else animal cruelty when in all likely hood that you yourself are eating food which comes from source when animals are often mistreated.

Neferpitou said:
Get me annoyed when people get angry about this kind stuff while ignore how we treat other animal for sake of food. Of course it's wrong to throw puppies into a river but is it really OK to treat chicken like we do for example? No one cares about the Millions of left over male chicks which are killed by being suffocation in large plastic bags or been thrown live into a grinder. Seemly like double standards to me.

F*ck yeah man, you're so right. I mean, there's no real difference between throwing puppies in a river for no apparent reason, and killing chickens to eat them? There's no diff- oh ****.

>.>

Dude, just because we eat meat here, it doesn't mean we don't care about how animals are being treated. You're just taking this too far man.

Sure, you're saying there are all these male chicks that will be killed, but that's no reason to stop eating chicken. It's reason to legislate new laws, enforce penalties, and more closely monitor the condition that animals live in.

I just think you're getting on your high horse a bit here dude, and you need to get down.

Also, what the f*ck kind of vegan eats/drinks dairy products? You say you wanna "give them up" as if they're addictive? Dude, if you really cared about that poor cows udder, you'd have stopped having milk ages ago.

he's a lacto vegetarian godot, not a vegan, he said that a few posts back

and this is getting seriously off topic, someone should split this thread as it has very little to do with the original topic

memorium said:
he's a lacto vegetarian godot, not a vegan, he said that a few posts back

I stand corrected.

Still seems retarded to me. He seems like he wants be Vegan, but can't quite make the push. But whatever.

Back