What The Hell?

But why would you film it and post it to the internet? Why? Surely at that level of stupidity you're getting worried about crossing the road safely.

edit: @ryo, oh yeah, forgot/didn't care enough about the details in the first place that she worked in a bank. Thought you had some hilarious personal beef with your local branch to tell us about or something. ^^;

ilmaestro said:
But why would you film it and post it to the internet? Why? Surely at that level of stupidity you're getting worried about crossing the road safely.

edit: @ryo, oh yeah, forgot/didn't care enough about the details in the first place that she worked in a bank. Thought you had some hilarious personal beef with your local branch to tell us about or something. ^^;

same reason people video tape people getting hit by trains, or electricuted

to appear on failblog

It's raining cats AND dogs... 1st the cat into the bin, now this?!

There are some sick people, and notice both are female? Twisted minds dwell in the feminine theramones? Must get right kicks out of cruelty.

she says it's for their (family/neighbours) health, but surely you could just put them down?

and why would you upload something like this onto youtube? How stupid has humanity become?

memorium said:
she says it's for their (family/neighbours) health, but surely you could just put them down?
How is putting them down helping anyone? They could at least give the puppies to other people or put them in a dog home/shelter. Putting them down for no real reason is f.ucking cruel.

Get me annoyed when people get angry about this kind stuff while ignore how we treat other animal for sake of food. Of course it's wrong to throw puppies into a river but is it really OK to treat chicken like we do for example? No one cares about the Millions of left over male chicks which are killed by being suffocation in large plastic bags or been thrown live into a grinder. Seemly like double standards to me.

Yay, according to this norwegian newspaper, 5 of the 6 puppies were saved by a 75 year old pensioner

Source: (not that any of you could read it) http://www.vg.no/nyheter/utenriks/artik ... d=10036163

- Bosnian woman rescued five puppies from drowning

The grotesque video of the girl who throw puppies in the river, has a craze on the internet and international media.

In the video you can see a young, seemingly smiling girl in a red hoodie to throw six young puppies in a river with relatively strong currents and exclaims "wheee".

Now it turns out that five of the six puppies to have been rescued from the river by the 75-year-old pensioner Ruza Pavlovic, according Aftonbladet.se citing the Croatian newspaper Vecernji List. On the way to the potato fields she heard strange sounds from the River.

- In a creek so I replied puppies who tried to swim out of the water, "she Vecernji List .

- Healthy and happy puppies

Just below where the puppies were thrown into the water, shared water, and they ended up in a small stream where the water was not deep. 75-year-old says she rescued five puppies from the stream and brought them home. When she did not know the enormous attention the case has received.

The sixth puppy she saw nothing of.

- They are healthy and happy. My problem is that they need at least three liters of milk a day, and I live with a small pension. But I have not the heart to leave them, "said Ruza Pavlovic said.

- Psychiatric treatment

On the internet abound death threats against puppy thrower. Tens of thousands of people have been loathe to throwing a puppy and demanded that the girl should be identified and punished for that action.

Hollywood director Michael Bay has utlovd a reward of 50,000 dollars to anyone who could provide information that could cause the girl is arrested.

Teen girl is identified by the Bosnian police and her father was called in for questioning. In the Croatian newspaper said his mother that the girl feels so bad that she has sought psychiatric treatment.

Whoa.... this is messed up >_< I heard about that girl, but didn't see the video. I read on YouTube the puppies were saved?

But still, Why don't such people use their brain for once and start thinking about alternatives for killing animals, if you want to get rid of them?

Neferpitou said:
Get me annoyed when people get angry about this kind stuff while ignore how we treat other animal for sake of food. Of course it's wrong to throw puppies into a river but is it really OK to treat chicken like we do for example? No one cares about the Millions of left over male chicks which are killed by being suffocation in large plastic bags or been thrown live into a grinder. Seemly like double standards to me.
I feel insulted that you think I (and others in this thread) don't care. Stop making assumptions. I don't see you doing anything about it if you care so much.

Maxon said:
Neferpitou said:
I feel insulted that you think I (and others in this thread) don't care. Stop making assumptions. I don't see you doing anything about it if you care so much.

Of course we would get angry that cruel things happen to the food animals too. Our anger on that had merely not been raised in this thread because we are not discussing the mistreatment of food animals.

If they were chucking chickens into a river, I'd be irritated. What a waste.

...And of course its a double standard. If they were chucking babies into a river, people would be even more upset than dogs. There's a hierarchy of awesomeness.

Maxon said:
Neferpitou said:

So you are suggesting that all the people who are posting their anger on here are Vegans when they could make up as little as 0.25 to 2% of the UK population, a virtual impossibility. If people really cared about animal in food welfare they would try to becomes vegans as that the only true way to avoid any cruelty to animals is stop using them as food source.

For what I am doing to help it's probably not much. As all I have done really is to slowly change my diet to the point where I am now lacto vegetarian ( so vegetarian & dairy diet only). I must admit I feel wrong keeping the dairy product as cows are mistreated but nowhere near as badly as chickens are. I hope to get to the stage when I can give up dairy products at some point in the future.

I don't claim to be morally superior to anyone else BUT I don't see what gives me and anyone else the right to criticize other people actions when I and vast majority of people have lifestyle which are never 100% morally right. People should stop criticizing other people actions and look to improve themselves instead.

Stuart-says-yes said:
How can anyone not eat meat though, I mean, animals happily would eat us like a lion or a tiger, but its not all right for us to eat them.
I don't have any problem with not eating meat, since five years now :p I never ate a lion or a tiger, btw. And chickens, pigs and cows don't eat human beings. Don't forget, not all animals are the same ;)

Regarding the less-than-humane practices used in the handling of certain animals that we eat the meat or produce of, one phrase rings truer than ever; "ignorance is bliss".

Also, try not to let the Vegan Police take your powers away. ^_^

Also stu, slitting a sheep's throat is cruel, just as a lion ripping a gazelle's throat open is also cruel. What I believe is the point you wish to make though, is that it is justified, because it is natural for us as omnivores to eat meat, just as lions do, though they are carnivores.

Also, though my knowledge on the subject is not extensive, I understand that when a sheep is hung upside-down on the thing in the abattoir and its throat is slit, the fact that it is hung upside-down causes the blood to drain faster and the death to be quicker, and thus the duration of suffering to be less. While it is true that the life of the sheep could be ended in quicker and less painful ways, these ways may be prohibitively expensive and may reduce the quality of the meat. In an industry that is so troubled at present, I am simply grateful for what has been down to improve the quality of life and the consideration taken in the eventual kill. Not everywhere does it, but all we can realistically do is support the ones that do take this care.

See this is why I hate vegans and vegetarians. It is in our biology to eat meat, it's as simple as that. It is only natural for us to do what ever it is required to survive, even if it is to kill animals for food. There is something called the food chain, that is how we get our energy and supplements. If we were made to only eat veg then we would be all grazing out in a field. Stu is absolutely correct, one does not expect other omnivores/carnivores to eat only veggies. It's absurd! So why is it only humans?

Hate's a strong word. I've had precisely one vegetarian friend in my life and its never ever been an issue. Not for him, not for me. It's when things get judgemental and patronising the sparks start to fly.

Back