What site would you recommend buying Manga from?

Cloud Strife

Vampire Ninja
Heya, as the topic title says, which is the best place to buy Manga from online? I've used Anime-on-line before but they tend to take a long time getting in stock (2 weeks is a bit much...) and they like to charge £1 for shipping on each one aswell.

So basically, if you're buying manga, where from do you buy it? :)

I want to get some copies of Alive, Psycho Busters, Fate/Stay Night & Rosario + Vampire. If you would like to suggest other titles similar to these four please do aswell :).

I used to use The Book Depository but an incident a month back soured my dealings with them, but by all means go ahead and try them, its free post and packing on every order as well. Other then that i use Amazon, and even play.com from time to time.

EDIT: Also nice choice on Fate/ Stay Night :) I would recommend the Lunar Legend Tsukihime manga as well, it shares the same creator as Fate Stay and is my favourite of the two series (as evidence by the Arcuied avatar i'm sporting)

I mainly use the book depository at the moment. The prices are good and now you can pre-order which used to be a pain. I used to buy bits direct from the US as well from deepdiscount but with the dollar it is not worth it now.

Alive is pretty good. For something similar try Spiral The Bonds Of Reasoning.

Other things I am enjoying at the moment are Gantz and Black Lagoon so they may be worth a shot.

Alot of people use Amazon because they have alot of stuff in stock so they can get it to you quickly...that is if you are willing to pay their extortionate postage. I personally rather dislike Amazon.

The website I always, alway use is United Publications. They have a huge range of manga, and the price is very good even factoring in postage. The shipping times do vary with UP though, but generally they stick to the times they state.

I would recommend going first to United Publications, and if the volume you want has a long waiting time on it, and you want it quick use Amazon as your fall back.

Cheers for the replies

I forgot about UP, i have used them for some figures and they usually deliver them in good time, might try them out. Book depository i've tried before but i dont find the site that user friendly.

BlackWolf said:
EDIT: Also nice choice on Fate/ Stay Night :) I would recommend the Lunar Legend Tsukihime manga as well, it shares the same creator as Fate Stay and is my favourite of the two series (as evidence by the Arcuied avatar i'm sporting)

I like all Type-Moon's projects, Fate/Stay being my all time favourite. I'll have to check the Tsukihime manga out. My only question about Tsukihime is do they do what the Fate/Stay manga does and follow a different storyline compared to the anime series? If not, i'll stick to my dvds :)

Clouded said:
BlackWolf said:

I like all Type-Moon's projects, Fate/Stay being my all time favourite. I'll have to check the Tsukihime manga out. My only question about Tsukihime is do they do what the Fate/Stay manga does and follow a different storyline compared to the anime series? If not, i'll stick to my dvds :)

Always nice to find a fellow Type Moon fan :D but the Tsukihime manga pretty much follws the same story as the anime to an extent but it goes into so much more detail and adds in events and background information that the anime left out from the adaption. From reading the manga i wish that the Tsukihime anime itself was longer so that it could of used the matrial. Also the character designs are closer to those in the original game, most notably Roa.

I always check both Amazon and Book Depository whenever I want something, and order from whoever is cheaper. Have never had a problem with either. Or at least when there have been problems, their staff have always sorted things out brilliantly.

UP1 always seems incredibly expensive to me for manga.

I'll also give this price check a go first just in case I can find them cheaper elsewhere - http://www.find-book.co.uk/

Unfortunately Book Depository isn't listed there, so have to check that separately.

Play.com is my personal choice for manga. They are the best for it that I have found anyway. Anime-on-Line is quite good for manga too. They always have special offers on too, and they also sell manga that I never knew existed!

Book Depository for price...UP for speed (seriously, if the thing is in stock, you get it like...next day) and actually being able to find stuff (BD usually can't be bothered listing volume numbers).

Charter_Mage said:
Alot of people use Amazon because they have alot of stuff in stock so they can get it to you quickly...that is if you are willing to pay their extortionate postage. I personally rather dislike Amazon.
People actually buy from Amazon without Super Saver Delivery?

Charter_Mage said:
People actually buy from Amazon without Super Saver Delivery?

Agreed. I always use Amazon's free delivery and it still really quick, certainly no slower than Play.com, Book Depository or any other free delivery service.

I get most of my things from play and amazon within 1-3 days normally, and that's fast enough for me, I've never used to fast delivery on amazon.

The only time I pay for postage on Amazon is when preordering something I know will be very popular. A couple of times choosing free delivery on those items has meant my order was pushed back until the second stock shipment arrives. Sometimes that can be weeks, and in those cases it's often quicker to cancel the order and get it from elsewhere.

I don't use Amazon much for preordering these days anyway though. HMV are generally cheaper and their postage is always free.

Either book depository or Orbit for me. Though in all honesty all i do is go to the amazon used section of that particular book and go for the one that's cheapest whilst being used and DOESN'T ship from America (have to be careful with that sometimes, too many times i'm sure i picked a uk location and then had to wait two weeks to get my book).

Back