What manga are you reading now?

Great series! Yano is a very interesting character, and his flaws add something a little different than the typical shoujo.
I randomly read Pandora Hearts Volume 8 today since I miss the happier times. So I needed a little Oz and Echo sweetness to cheer me up!

Yano is very interesting indeed. I've read all the way up to volume 15 before, but I decided I wanted to reread it before I read the last volume. The whole series has a lot more than just superficial high school romance especially after the timeskip

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished volume 9 of black lagoon. Good read. Time to find a box and put them up for sale, space is limited for me.

Next up some cage of Eden.

So Yesterday I sat down and finally decided to read through my huge backlog of Hunter X Hunter volumes off my bookshelf. And boy...13 volumes in one sitting! (vols 18-30)
WOW all I can pretty much say is...WOW!
HxH is easily one of the best Shonen titles out there but the only thing giving it bad rep is the constant breaks/hiatuses. HxH has always been my fave and the whole Chimera Ant Arc was incredible IMO.
HxH is the only series where I wait for the English Viz releases as apposed to reading scanlations.
Not sure if I can wait till bloody December for the next 2 volumes! :(

Any other HxH fans out there?

Been reading through Suicide Island the past couple of days and I'm finding it pretty gripping. Unable to cope with the fall-out from rising suicide rates, the Japanese government gathers those who cannot stop attempting and ships them off to a deserted island, leaving them to get on with it. Although some carry on trying to take their own lives, others slowly regain their will to live and try desperately to survive.

With its leering moments of horror, it's almost certainly influenced by the first season of Lost (y'know, the good one), but there's something oddly thrilling about seeing the main character gradually find meaning to his existence as he experiences a weird commune with nature.

I've read about half of what's been translated so far and, while there's still plenty of meat left on its bones, I'm kind of hoping that the story might draw a conclusion fairly soon. It would be great as a compact little thriller, rather than becoming bloated and drawn out (like the later seasons of Lost)...

Kimi ni Todoke 7-8. Still slowly re-reading this series until I can buy something else haha! Been holding off buying anything else until we're into June.

Haganai vol 1 - art style caught me by surprise compared to the anime but entertaining enough, can really feel the dislike Yozura and Sena have going at the moment

Back