What manga are you reading now?

Aaron said:

How are you finding DBZ? I've always been interested in it, since i used to watch the anime on toonami but i've only just got round to picking up the Dragonball manga. Just wondering if its good so far?

Anyhoo. Just about to star Yotsuba&! vol.1 and almost finsihed Negima vol.11.

Maltos said:
How are you finding DBZ? I've always been interested in it, since i used to watch the anime on toonami but i've only just got round to picking up the Dragonball manga. Just wondering if its good so far?
I used to get the old Viz monthly comics years ago (like...two/three chapters per month =/ ) but I kept missing them and stuff. I finally finished my graphic novel collection a couple of weeks ago, so this is gonna be the first time I've ever actually read the whole story right through, in the right order. :)

I think it's great...the only problem is that I pretty much know everything that's gonna happen (after about 8 years of reading odd chapters, playing videogames and seeing stuff on Toonami). Fantastic read though, if you don't mind a lot of fighting and not much else. I think I enjoyed DB more, but I still love DBZ.

Don't really know why Viz have bumped it down to "all ages" though. Some (really minor) stuff's been cut and all, but it's still got people being punched through, heads getting sliced off, people getting killed and saying bastard/hell/etc.)

DBZ 8 now BTW!

Just started reading Monster Vol 6. Loving the mange. Can't wait to finish it so I can see what the anime version was like. Probably not as good as the mange tho.

My friend is rushing me to read Negima so she can talk to me about it. Vol.12 now. I want to read Dragonball but I'm holding off till i can catch up on Hellsing, D.Gray-Man, 666 Satan and Yotsuba&!

I'll probably cave in after a few days :roll:

Just finished the new Shin Megami Tensei Kahn (tensely waiting for the next volume - 4 MONTHS AWAY, lol), Getting back into the swing of Togari - just finished vol.2 of the four I've got on my shelf. Just now I've read Berserk 1 & 2 that I got off eBay last year (just read them now - i know - herecy), so good I've just ordered vol.3 from Book Depository (way cheaper than Amazon).

Other series I'm on at the minute, just got Bleach 11 delivered from Amazon and have just bought 12, 13 & 14 from book depo. and got Monster vol.4 the other day which is really getting interesting (although vol.13's just been released - got some catching up to do).

Can't wait for the UK release of Wild Adapter (I'm in and out of Saiyuki ATM) and painfully craving and waiting for the start of Naruto Part 2!!!

BlackWolf said:
Bleach vol 11

How was it? This story arc just wants me to buy more Bleach. I just got it delivered and I'm already ordering the rest of the series to catch up (just like I did with Naruto, lol)!

Back