What manga are you reading now?

Starting the New Year by reading Fullmetal Alchemist now that I finally have all the volumes. I stopped reading at about volume 12 as I kept forgetting what was happening. I'm remembering just how much I love this series.

Death Note - Volume 10

Now I know how they got back in Japan, I was quite confused on the setting when I watched the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Death Note - Volume 11

Death Note - Volume 12 [COMPLETE]

So this is the ending it should have got, wow. Though I do feel the anime's ending is slightly better.

st_owly said:
How do the 2 endings differ again? It's been so long since I watched/read it.

Manga Version:
- Ryuk writes Light's name in his death note in the warehouse where everything is unveiled.
- Light's successor or the '4th Kira' Mikami gets arrested and sent to prison. He then apparently dies 10 days later and Matsuda believes Near killed him, though Matsuda wanted to believe it (thus the author literally trolling the fans with speculation about what had happened in the final battle) but Ide wants him to stop mentioning it.
- Misa is seen gathering numerous people in hoods like a religious ceremony for Kira in an unknown location. EDIT: Her fate is confirmed in How to Read 13 which I also have yet to read but it's said to be suicide like the anime thanks to 'someone like Matsuda apparently letting it slip'

Anime Version:
- Mikami ends up losing faith (like in the Manga) but instead kills himself in the warehouse with everyone witnessing it.
- Light escapes from the warehouse but Near tells everyone to let him go, since he's already fatally wounded from Matsuda's gunshots.
- Ryuk speaks to Light about him going to kill him (like in the Manga) but in a different location with Light just walking along until he dies in the staircase with a shadow of L next to him.
- Misa is last seen on the rooftops, presumably knowing Light is dead and is about to commit suicide.
- An epilogue with the Shinigamis is shown I think (but there is one shown in the Recap specials).
- No epilogue of the existing surviving police and SPK members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back