What is your favourite manga?

I'm a big fan of the xxxHolic manga, as the art in it is so superior to the anime adaptation - the translation notes in it are really well done too.

I'm a big fan of the new versions of JoJos Viz is finally putting out too - the 80s art style is just fantastic.

I would say the Watamote manga is my favourite (No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I Can't Remember The English Title), it just makes me laugh everytime and is near perfect imo.

xxxHOLiC is next, and I'm also reading Tsubasa now and plan to look at more of Clamp's works in the future.

I've got a big backlog of Monster Musume to work through - I read the first volume about a month back and by the end, I was pretty much chomping at the bit to order the rest.

On one level, it's some of the most horrendously shameless fanservice I've ever seen - and fantastically explicit too. But equally, it does the whole 'tease' better than almost any other harem show I've seen - it's hard to believe they can just keep you on the edge like that for five+ volumes, but somehow they do.

One Piece is the best manga I've ever read.

The way Oda can string events together to build upon each arc and make the next one or a future one even better and build such a fascinating world with so many different scenarios depending on the island is just incredible. The characters are just fun to follow and never get annoying and almost all the villains are the type where you love to hate them. then there's all the mysteries that's been set up that's just waiting to be discovered.

One Piece takes you on the adventure with the crew and it's just brilliant.

BanzaiJedi said:
I would say the Watamote manga is my favourite (No Matter How I Look At It, It's You Guys' Fault I Can't Remember The English Title), it just makes me laugh everytime and is near perfect imo.

I enjoy Watamote a lot, but only 2 or 3 chapters at a time. After that, I find it starts to grate on me and become cringey. Watching one episode of the anime a week was perfect, I don't think marathoning would suit that show at all.

st_owly said:
BanzaiJedi said:

I enjoy Watamote a lot, but only 2 or 3 chapters at a time. After that, I find it starts to grate on me and become cringey. Watching one episode of the anime a week was perfect, I don't think marathoning would suit that show at all.

I watched the whole show in 10 days personally. I thought it was great.

Back