What is your favourite manga?

AnimePicks

Completely Average High School Student
I am looking for some great manga to read but I don't want to spend all of my money testing out manga I may not like.

Having not read much my favourites are Bleach and Ral Grad. These are the type of anime style I like the most.

What do you enjoy and why?

My current longterm fave is Berserk - Epic fantasy, gratuitous violence, gorgeous art and thrilling character development all in one slick package. I'd recommend it to anyone not offended by the extreme content.

i enjoy Love Hina, why? Because it's a classic Rom-Com which, unlike most other Harem Mangas, doesn't really fully implement the harem element until very late on, that and there's just a whole tonne of twists and turns that'll keep you reading

I'm loving Berserk, I think Wildcard sums up why I like it so much. It's just a great manga fantasy.

I also enjoy Eden: It's an endless world & Biomega because of their dysotopian elements. Eden is also quite philosophical.

Also, I'm currently reading Pluto x tezuka, why do I like it? Because it's a Urasawa manga.

Though I have been reading for a while, only managed a few series so far.

I'd have to say Nausicaa, which is a far better story than the anime managed, much more complex, and much more mind twisting.

Battle Angel Alita is extremely good as well, but does have its moments of meh scattered about.

Futaba-Kun Change! however gets high up on my list for the comedy vote. Ranma 1/2 you lost big time on the gender bender stakes!

memorium said:
i enjoy Love Hina, why? Because it's a classic Rom-Com which, unlike most other Harem Mangas, doesn't really fully implement the harem element until very late on, that and there's just a whole tonne of twists and turns that'll keep you reading

I have seen the anime of Love Hina and did not particularly like it.

AnnaMay said:
memorium said:

I have seen the anime of Love Hina and did not particularly like it.
the Manga and the Anime are two different monsters in my opinion, for starters the Manga has a decent ending, also it doesn't have all those useless characters like Kentaro

Yotsuba adorable green haired girl.

Gantz violence in buckets and better than the anime.

Black Lagoon all the stuff that made the anime great just in a different order.

The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service good horror/black comedy.

Monster by Urasawa Naoki (and also anything else by Urasawa)
xxxHOLiC by CLAMP
Dragonball by Toriyama Akira
Genshiken by Kio Shimoku
Hayate no Gotoku! by Hata Kenjiro
Yotsubato! by Azuma Kiyohiko (just squeaking ahead of Azumanga Daioh)
Maison Ikkoku by Takahashi Rumiko
Ashita no Joe by Takamori Asao/Chiba Tetsuya
Rokudenashi Blues by Morita Masanori
Yuu Yuu Hakusho by Togashi Yoshihiro
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne by Tanemura Arina
Captain by Chiba Akio
Touch by Adachi Mitsuru (although I suspect Cross Game will replace this once I actually read the manga version)
Ookiku Furikabutte by Higuchi Asa
Prince of Tennis by Konomi Takeshi
Mobile Suit Gundam: THE ORIGIN by Yasuhiko Yoshikazu

Cardcaptor Sakura, accesable to anyone, contains nearly every fetish in existence and still mangaes to be totaly inocent and kid safe.
xxxHoLiC: manga that is actually black and white (there be no grey here), awsome art again and utterly surreal.
Yotsubato!: small kids can be adorable sometimes
Hayate no Gotoku: it contain Hinagiku (and Athena), it is therefore awsome.

I feel like Nic Cage's character in Face/Off, reading a post by someone with a Kirino avatar recommending HOLiC, Yotsubato! and Hayate (especially with emphasizing Hina) all at the same time. ^^;

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
One Piece

It has Pirates, adventure, a F_CKTON of villains/characters and even more pirates :D

Dracos said:
-list of favourites-

By the maw of Raptor Jesus, you're alive!!

Yep. I just have not had much time or motivation to get on here. I pop in from time to time but I can't be arsed to type things just for the sake of it. Work and the fact there are so many legally available streaming/DVD sub only anime on which I have to concentrate to watch makes it difficult to do other things like forums or reading manga/comics at the same time.

Back on topic.

Trinity Blood is pretty good no sparkling vampires here. What scares vampires? Something that feeds on them in the same way the do humans, and of course the Catholic Church.

Spiral Beyond The Bonds Of Reasoning is still an enjoyable read and better than the anime as it seems to be going somewhere. These guys would give L and Light a run for their money in the reasoning and tactics departments.

Princess Resurrection the mythical beasts that walk among us. The anime made a good start changing up a few bits but it fell short of finishing things. Hopefully they will do more when there is enough story for a second season.

HUNTERxHUNTER.

Richly textured; eloquently, expressively, and intelligently written; and beautifully evocative characters.

Just a bit of a pity its author seems disillusioned with the manga artist lifestyle.

Loved Hikaru no Go to bits when I read it, too.

Solanin - One of my favourite Manga's from the two years I've been buying them.

A young female adult who is fed up of office life and is living with her college boyfriend. She leaves her job and asks boyfriend and college friends to start the rock band again which disbanded after college life to try and get a record deal.

The Story is told in one volume and it shows the real troubles of a various characters in a kinda quarter-life crisis, loved the music side of it too showing the corporation side of musi.

Its funny, loving and a tragic tale. Its even got a live action movie that I still need to check out.

MAL C&P time!

#1 Manga: Great Teacher Onizuka

Review: Link

[2] Please Save My Earth
psmemal.jpg

[3] Unbalance x Unbalance
clipboard02gq.jpg

[4] Maison Ikkoku

[5] Fujoshi Rumi
fujoshi1.jpg