What is the most graphic anime you've watched?

i havn't seen it myself but i hear quite alot of people saying that 'Shigurui: Death Frenzy' is quite very over the top violent....

Spyro201 said:
I've seen half of Elfen Lied if that counts.

It's a pass!

But yeah, I'll copy everyone else and say either Gantz or Elfen Lied.

Ah, wait... in terms of Blood, Club To Death Angel: Dokuro-Chan pisses on Elfen Lied ^^

I don't watch anything that's less innocent than Crayon Shin-chan, I'm just not that sort of guy.

/cleans prefect badge

Elfen Lied or CtD Angel Dokuro. Was was mindless slaughter, the other had naked mutant girls. :p

They're the most memorable that come straight to mind.

Just for violence and gore off the top of my head I can think of Elfen Lied, Gantz, Basilisk, Hellsing and Baccano this has started to ramp up the gore and violence. I just watched volume 3 of Baccano, it had torture with lots of blood and a guy tap dancing in blood. Nearly forgot Bludgeoning Angel Dokoro, mindless violence all the way.

Ninja Boy! said:
i havn't seen it myself but i hear quite alot of people saying that 'Shigurui: Death Frenzy' is quite very over the top violent....
Something about that shows title may allude to it being OTT. Hmmmmmmmmm... probably the "Death Frenzy" part

Dizzae said:
Ninja Boy! said:
Something about that shows title may allude to it being OTT. Hmmmmmmmmm... probably the "Death Frenzy" part

thats what i thought when i heard the name lol

I don't watch much violent anime at all, so the worst for me would probably be Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, or Afro Samurai.
I've never watched Elfen Lied, but I've seen gif. animations of most of the series mentioned, and safe to day, I don't think I'll watch.
I'm too sensitive and squeamish to watch certain series... :oops:

Urotsukidoji is probably the nastiest Anime i've seen, cant think of anything else which would gross me out.

Maxon said:
Violence Jack

I win. Also, Elfen Lied is tame.
Another Violence Jack vote. I got an uncut DVD from France... it's very effective horror, but damn is it nasty!

For sheer bloodflow and ridiculous body count then the 1986 film of Fist of the North Star is pretty epic as well. Dirty old school animation makes violence look better than new, clean and shiny imo.

I thought I was pretty hardened to extreme anime, but then I watched the two AMV Hell 0 videos... man was I wrong. :eek:

Yeah, actually, I was pretty surprised by... er... "that" scene in ep 1 of Mnemosyne. I think after that I wasn't surprised by anything else they decided to do, though. Fun series.

...and for me to watch. :p

Have ordered Elfen Lied. I've been meaning to do so for a while, and it's currently only £17 at Amazon for anyone else interested.

ayase said:
Have ordered Elfen Lied. I've been meaning to do so for a while, and it's currently only £17 at Amazon for anyone else interested.

Haha, just read the syopsis for this on Amazon. Just sounds like a completely random excuse for sex and violence to me. Nowt wrong with that though, I think I am just getting overly sensitive in my old age. :lol:

Back