What games are you looking foward to in 2008?

Churchy99

Adventurer
Hey guys! What are your most anticipated games of 2008 or what games would you like to hear more news about during 2008!
For me its a long list as this year looks like it will be a great year for gaming!

Games
Well for me it goes without saying that Smash Bros Brawl is a must!
Also I'm looking foward to Zack & Wiki as it looks like an interesting puzzle game
Other games include:
Condemned 2
Alone In The Dark
Mario Kart Wii
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
FF: Crystal Bearers

Gaming News
I want to hear more about Porject Zero/Fatal Frame 4 as its now a wii exclusive and hope some more news will spill!
Sadness - really interesting concept for a game - been no news for ages!
Other wanted news:
Red Steel 2
Monster Hunter 3
Prototype
The project that Infinity Ward are wroking on for wii

Ooooh I didint know Iw were working on a Wii project, Ill keep that one on my radar, also interested in Z and W, not to everyones tastes but a real sleeper hit,

Games I'm really excited about...

Games

Nights into Dreams (Wii)
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core (PSP)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Time Hollow (Nintendo DS)
Persona 3 (PS2)
Silent Hill 5 (PS3/360)

Gaming News

Hoping more news to be revealed on Shin Megami Tensei 4 for Playstation 3
FFXIII is actually an improvement, and wins me back to the FF side once again
Playstation 3 actually get good games for 2008 (since now... my brothers are getting a PS3. They are microsoft haters)
A port of Chrono Trigger (or Remake) on the DS, plus FFVI

GranTurismo 5(PS3)
LittleBigPlanet(PS3)
MotorStorm 2(PS3)
Metal Gear Solid 4(PS3)
EcoChrome(PS3)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl(Wii)
Secret Agent Clank(PSP)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
GTA: IV
Naruto PS3 Project

Hopefulls for Next Year:

Killzone 2
Resistance 2
Jak & Daxter PS3(ND said it might be in the cards)
Ratchet & Clank Future 2
MotorStorm 2
Final Fantasy XIII

Not sure about release dates, Games I want:

Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
Starcraft 2 (PC)
Naruto (PS3)
Home (PS3) Haha
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure (Wii)
One Piece: Unlimited Cruise (Wii) Its possible
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Pirates of the Burning Sea (PC)
Rock Band (PS3)
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams (Wii)
Resident Evil 5 (PS3)
No More Heroes (Wii) Uncut Pl0x
Spore (PC)

Thats about it, So far.

FFXIII + Versus
MGS4
DMC4
SSBB
RE5 (or that 2009?)
Ninja Gaiden 2
Killzone 2 (lighting is awsome, really looks like your there, even if the images were shopped)

and more but I can't think

In terms of news wise, the only people I want to hear from are Bungie, they are recently broke away from Microsoft, they are working on another Halo game (but that may just be Halo wars) and there is something about a new IP too I think I read. It is suggested that Marathon is the sequel to Halo 3, and again it is suggested it anit. Either way Bungie have made some great games and I'd love to see the halo universe expand, with or without Master Chief, but they better give us as just a bad ass main character.

next year, erm well:

SSBB(anyone with a wii i bet wants this)
DMC4
Advance Wars: Day or Ruin(aka Dark Conflict) out next month, yay.
Condemned 2
No More Heroes
Soul Calibur 4
Ninja Gaiden 2
One Piece Unlimited Adventure(i may need a US Wii though =/)

News wise:

Resident Evil 5(who is that woman, and where the heck is wesker for starters)
Disgaea 3 - i may not have a PS3, but this will sell it to me when its released
Halo as well, i know Halo wars is still in the making and like roadie said, they are making another game, i think they where going to make a new trilogy but who knows. Would be nice to see what they do with the wee cliffhanger at the end of halo 3, novel or otherwise

There is probably more but this is what springs to mind at the moment.

letsee...ummm..:
mario kart wii
final fantasy - wii
ace attourney apollo justice - ds
bleach - wii
naruto - wii (if that ever does come out!)

rocklee said:
letsee...ummm..:
mario kart wii
final fantasy - wii
ace attourney apollo justice - ds
bleach - wii
naruto - wii (if that ever does come out!)

Naruto should be out March time! Apparantly the 28th I forgot to mention that one as it looks pretty good and 4player will be intersting to say the least!

Hmm lets see...

Super Smash Bro's Braawl
Metal Gear
Final Fantasy
LittleBigPlanet
Spore

Thats all i can think of for now... Hoping some more games will come on Wii that can be played online and that i like :p

I really wouldn't be so sure that Final Fantasy XIII will be out next year. There's not a chance it'll be out in the US by 2008, which means it's definitely not going to be released in the UK. I'll just say that I'd be pleasantly surprised if the game is released in Japan by the end of the year.

Crisis Core...don't even know if it's any good at all, but it's FF VII, so I'll get it. It could be a static picture of Tifa with One Winged Angel playing endlessly in the background and I'd still buy it... =/

Res Evil 5 too.

I don't really know what else is out, and nothing else here really interests me...unless this Ubisoft Heroes game emerges.

Aaron said:
Crisis Core...don't even know if it's any good at all, but it's FF VII, so I'll get it. It could be a static picture of Tifa with One Winged Angel playing endlessly in the background and I'd still buy it... =/

I've heard Crisis Core is very good, so it's definitely something to look forward to!

Games:

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Grand Theft Auto IV
Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 (i'm too lazy to import this)
Bleach DS (I'm too lazy to import this too)
Nights: Journey of Dreams
No More Heroes
Street Fighter IV (If it comes out at all during 2008)
Devil May Cry 4

Gaming News:

Will Wright to announce that all previous Spore release rumors that said it won't be coming out till 2009 are lies and the game will come out in summer 2008.

Same as above but replace Will Wright with Capcom and Spore with Resident Evil 5

Sega to announce a new Panzer Dragoon game, probably the most least likely to happen but a guy can dream :wink:

Back