What film or story would you like to see as an anime?

Dani said:
Berserk. All of it.
That is an anime.

Film
Green Mile
Se7en
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
Saving Private Ryan - There arent any second world war anime, I can guess why I suppose.
Hot Fuzz :D

TV
Scrubs :p
Heroes - Would work the best

Xelis
Lord of the rings would be great, but i think its been done to death atm... maybe in a few years ;)

Hot Fuzz would be a laugh!

Hopeful_monster, with aliens vs terminator and batman and superman, how about this?

Predator VS Section 9?
Would be interesting, both have "clokes" and are on a kind of level technology wise...

Well with the predators we have seen in the films, etc they do have more advanced stuff, being a space fairing race and all...

Xelis said:
Dani said:
Berserk. All of it.
That is an anime.

Film
Green Mile
Se7en
Lord of the Rings
Die Hard
Saving Private Ryan - There arent any second world war anime, I can guess why I suppose.
Hot Fuzz :D

TV
Scrubs :p
Heroes - Would work the best

Was thinking the same thing, would love to see "Saving Private Ryan" or something similar to it. as you say there isn't any WW2 anime, but there are the odd anime with a war based story line (Pumpkin Scissors, Madlax?).

Also Scrubs would be good one, there’s only one medical anime I think of at the moment; which is 'Ray the animation' so there’s room for some more :)

Xelis said:
Dani said:
Berserk. All of it.
That is an anime.
Not all of it... most of it's only a manga :wink: .

GreenTango said:
Also Scrubs would be good one, there’s only one medical anime I think of at the moment; which is 'Ray the animation' so there’s room for some more :)
Errr.... y'know, Ray is a spin-off of Black Jack, which I think is a fairly popular series in Japan. There's quite a bit more of it beyond the TV series I linked to as well.

I not sure about making scrubs into an anime - I don't think they'd ever be able to make it as good as the current actors do already.

Ramadahl said:
Xelis said:
Dani said:
Berserk. All of it.
That is an anime.
Not all of it... most of it's only a manga :wink: .

GreenTango said:
Errr.... y'know, Ray is a spin-off of Black Jack, which I think is a fairly popular series in Japan. There's quite a bit more of it beyond the TV series I linked to as well.

I not sure about making scrubs into an anime - I don't think they'd ever be able to make it as good as the current actors do already.

Agreed, especially if it were made primarily in Japanese, as most of the voices, jokes etc wouldn't make half a bit of sense - imagine an oriental version of Dr. Cox's ultra sarcastic superiority complex. :lol:

I'd like to see someone try though.

hopeful_monster said:
Hokum said:
As long as it was AVP from the graphic novel and not the horrid film version yeh i'd agree...
Unless you did another crossover
2bc53c76efe679d818960b4922fb7097.jpg

Oh ... my ... God! *Splutters drink all over monitor screen* :D

That Predator is soooo doomed. :twisted:

I could just imagine Osaka getting into that situation and not even thinking it was anything out of the ordinary. :D lol

My vote would have to be for an anime version of The League of Gentlemen - how bizzare could the Japanese make it if they were given the chance? :twisted:

Xelis said:
Dani said:
Berserk. All of it.

No, there are some actually. Zipang is one i'm currently watching ad it takes place in 1942. It is a bloody fantastic show and if you like the idea of WW2 anime then i would reccomend you go check this out. It is worth it.

As for shows/things i would like to see i think anime could definitley pull off Fight Club with ease. Something dark and twisted that could be adopted into the Japanese mind set.

A little known story called 'the sound of whispers' would make a great anime. Its a about a coup d'etat in Chile and a 16 year old boy getting caught up on it all. Also, some of the newer episodes of Dr.Who would make great anime.

Revengeguy said:
A little known story called 'the sound of whispers' would make a great anime. Its a about a coup d'etat in Chile and a 16 year old boy getting caught up on it all. Also, some of the newer episodes of Dr.Who would make great anime.

Its funny that people mention Doctor Who, cos I always thought it would kinda work as an anime. Theres something about the pacing and character development thats similar.

That said, I'd opt for Torchwood over Doctor Who. Less restrained. :)

A Spider-Man, based off the original marvel comics of course.

Except twist it a little bit for the Japanese liking, E.g. He lives in Tokyo.

I actually really wish this would happen, it really would be spectacle.

Columbo, aw yeeeeeh. I have a wierd feeling that they'd partner him up with a younger cockier detective though or give him some sort of crime fighting unit. That would not rock.

Akaten said:
I could see Dexter's Laboratory as an anime comedy, but more over the top, stuck up otaku science genius with a hyper active school girl for a sister? Comedy gold I tell ya!

There is absolutely no need, xD.

Have you not seen Powerpuff Girls Z. . . .

Back