What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received from Amazon.fr:
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Complete Collection 1 DVD
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Complete Collection 2 DVD

The case design for these is a little poor, and one or two of the discs seem a little loose, so I was creating a back-up on my PC. Weird that the discs seem to be all region with no copy protection at all, anybody got any idea if that was common with BEEZ releases or have I accidentally brought a bootleg?

I back up my rarer releases and have always found Beez discs to be copy protected and difficult to extract to ISO usually failing due to read errors around the layer break. Admittedly it could be issues with the software I use or with my hardware but I've never come across problems elsewhere with the exception of the final two volumes of Higurashi which had noted frame skip/disc crash issues.

I was just copying the contents of the disc to a hard drive, but as far as I can tell the discs I have are genuinely region free. I tried them in a region 1 player and it worked fine, no questions asked. (I checked the player with another disc and it threw an error, so it's not the player.)

I'm wondering if the store in question has ripped Beez's actual release and burned that to disc, because the physical design and actual contents of the discs looks genuine (apart from the bit which reads "Published by Beez Entertainment under the licence from Sunrise"), it's only the region coding that looks weird to me.

Edit: Having just looked it up, it came from a company called IDP Home Video (who trade online and on Amazon as Anime Store). They seem to be quite reputable in France, and are the official distributor of several big name anime titles, so I'm guessing it's fine and the discs are official.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Titan said:
Received today, from UP1:
Knights of Sidonia: Season 1 Collection (Blu-ray)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

Can you confirm they both got rigid artboxes?

I woudn't call them artboxes, more like slipcovers, they are rigid though.

Was originally going to get that but held off as I already have quite a few games to work through - I love the wider Warriors franchise, but the games seem to come down in price very quickly, so will probably wait to see if this one does too.

Some vouchers from Southern for causing me a delay when they cancelled the 20:30 Brighton to Southampton service a few weeks ago

And more junk from my Asda credit card, they are always seeming interested in giving me a balance transfer deal. Although that is better than the usual monthly "you can be accepted to this capital one basic card with £500 credit limit with 49% interest rate", funny as the last CC I applied for gave me a £5000+ limit (which has since risen even through I haven't spent anything with it, just used it for a cheap balance transfer offer)

Unknownfate said:
Rurouni Kenshin complete series and a letter from Npower finally acknowledging I have a problem with them

Complete series of the anime?

Where did you manage to get that from (only places I can see are selling 2nd hand copies for silly money)

Came across a used set on eBay being sold by eStocks. It didn't have a picture but the EAN matched the complete series set, it wasn't too expensive so I took a shot and it turned out to be the real thing :)

If you have the space the single volumes can generally be had for £3-£4 each, or if you're vigilant the individual season sets can be grabbed for around £20 a piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back