What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I use those same semi-hard PET plastic steelbook protectors on all of my anime collection that will fit them, so I've bought probably 600+ of differing sizes.

Here is a very informative thread on box protectors that I created six years ago - Steelbook Central in the UK as well as Retroprotection in the US and buzzandbingosmooncircus on US eBay are featured in there.

Blu-ray/DVD/Steelbook Plastic Box Protectors for your Anime Collection
Thanks for the guide. So by these calculations the SCF2 that are up on ebay should fit my monogatari collection. I might do that.

Last edited:
May 2022 Batch 9!

W5qRM3Lh.jpg

qlEX6Z4h.jpg

Killing Bites on Blu-ray, thanks to MVM's Deal of the Week offer. That's what Killing Bites is about - no seriously if you like 90s to early 00s anime action, you'll have a good time with this.

9Ot7RsFh.jpg

19vRzXIh.png

Today Jujutsu Kaisen Part 1 arrived from Anime Limited. This is the collector's edition Blu-ray set with discs authored by VDMS, as Viz Media has yet to release the series in North America. Considering Viz's authored discs are dreadful these days the UK would have made their own regardless of the outcome. That said, the subtitles are identical to Crunchyroll's subtitles even down to the font and style used for the on-screen text.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

PLiZhhSh.png

oMrW43hh.jpg

5MQJWwuh.jpg

zGxmoSNh.jpg

ITQoPNgh.jpg

zSUrYp0h.jpg

OnGWs7Ch.jpg

VtVKxbTh.png

It took a couple of months to finally try to order one, but thanks to Blackwells I was able to get my hands on The Quintessential Quintuplets Part 1 Manga box set, which covers Volumes 1-7 of the series. The box set also includes two double-sided posters.

I had a look to see if they had volumes 2 to 4 of first of the North Star they had none of them.
Waiting on my LCS to get volume 3 in myself, it's incorrectly listed on Diamond(nothing new) and I already have 4. Diamond are a terrible company unfortunately they have a monopoly on the direct comics market, stuff is constantly incorrectly listed especially stating reprints are new releases. And they have a no returns policy so the stores end up stuck with stock that won't sell.

My current Lupin VHS collection (UK releases only), just missing The Gold of Babylon, The Pursuit of Harimao's Treasure and The Secret of Twilight Gemini (the latter two are the same as the DVD releases I own put out by MVM)

View attachment 24559
That is so nostalgic. I owned all of those at one point, even the Western Connection Fuma Conspiracy with the mistimed subtitles. Really want that on Blu-ray, c'mon Discotek.

Coincidentally:
20220528_113109.jpg
This version of Mamo has all four dubs produced, including the lively Manga UK one that wasn't on their own DVD.

Lum the Forever is a film I haven't watched in 25 years or more. I don't know if it will make any more sense now than it did then, but I can at least appreciate the visuals. UY never looked better.

And some manga:
20220528_113036.jpg

It had been ages since I bought the second Hellsing omnibus and the last Nagata Kabi book.

Back