What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

View attachment 23422
Dr. STONE US LE set from @Kenshiro80 Much appreciated for the swift delivery✌️

Sayonara Funimation 👋 so I say but I'll still be grabbing whatever physical release that's currently available.

View attachment 23421

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

6002.png

Mission accomplished ✅ the 2 year hunt for this CE has finally come to an end 🏹

Thanks again to the fellow members for notifying me about this set 🙌

IMG_20220303_160026.jpg

PACKAGE DROP
「week midpoint ver.」

View attachment 23436

Mission accomplished ✅ the 2 year hunt for this CE has finally come to an end 🏹

Thanks again to the fellow members for notifying me about this set 🙌

View attachment 23437
please give me some of that luck in my hunt for the Gundam Origin I-IV set
i know there's someone selling one on ebay but the guy refuses to budge below £90 so screw him and his scalpery

March 2022 Week 1 haul!

This week includes last minute items for February and more items to start off the month of March.

rLHjAAah.jpg

On Monday, we have another batch of manga with Destiny Lovers Volume 8 and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Volume 18. Keeping the bonks going with the final volume of Destiny Lovers' first series and the latest volume for Yuuna! Yuuna has 6 volumes left before it's complete.

WqUFwpqh.jpg

Also arrived on Monday is Go Straight: The Ultimate Guide to Side-Scrolling Beat-'em-Ups by Bitmap Books. I was pretty happy with my JRPG copy and decided to get their take on the Beat-em-ups genre especially as I don't own that many. It's another great book and has a great selection of games. The book is much larger than the JRPG one though (height is the same as Neon Genesis Evangelion Ultimate Edition and Mai Mai Miracle Collector's Art Book).

0JLjIS4h.jpg

First item for March's haul appeared on Wednesday with Johnnie To & Wai Ka-Fai's 2007 Hong Kong film Mad Detective (神探). Now this was an interesting pickup because this film is actually out of print and quite hard to find. Released by Eureka Entertainment, this is also one of the first films included in their Masters of Cinema series for the Blu-ray format.

There are two versions of this release; a Blu-ray only set with a slim blue case and a dual format set that matches the rest of the collection. I wanted to own the latter but I wasn't desperate to find the film and it was only until I had recently been picking up more and more of the Eureka Entertainment Hong Kong films that I decided to revisit this one. I managed to win a copy on eBay for a solid price.

Rv26F4Yh.jpg

Vc5x0pch.jpg

Next we have the Collector's Edition Blu-ray release of Josee, the Tiger and the Fish from Anime Limited. The film was originally scheduled to be released back in November but holiday season and OST issues pushed it back. This is not using the Funimation disc, instead it was authored by the same folks who worked on InuYasha and PSYCHO-PASS: Sinners of the System. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

IcLCvjnh.jpg

Next we have another interesting batch of Asian Cinema with five Takeshi Kitano films from Third Window Films. The distributor announced the Kitano films would be going out of print and held a sale through Terracotta Distribution at 4 for £20. I already owned Hana-Bi so I just needed to get 2002's Dolls (ドールズ), 1995's Getting Any? (みんな~やってるか!), 1996's Kids Return (キッズ・リターン), 1999's Kikujiro (菊次郎の夏), and 1991's A Scene at the Sea (あの夏、いちばん静かな海。). Very happy to own the rest of the Kitano films from the distributor and I look forward to watching them.

32QXzSIh.jpg
ecH1mbNh.jpg

HTMxqpzh.jpg

On Thursday we have another video game for the PlayStation 5 with Gran Turismo 7. I actually don't own any of the GT games and while I did play the Beta demo for GT Sport, I don't own it so this will be the first time I actually try the franchise out properly. It's a 107 GB install so I had a go at the Music Room section which is what you can play while the game is still installing.

hI1E51mh.jpg

0GqBuebh.jpg

Next we have the limited edition Blu-ray release for Yona of the Dawn from Funimation UK. It's another solid limited edition set and apparently the standard edition does not come with a slipcase which is interesting. The discs are the same as the two part releases and is also Region A compatible. You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

iHQM8LAh.jpg

Then we have more manga with Hitomi-chan is Shy with Strangers Volume 3 and World's End Harem: Fantasia Volume 6, both of these are also the latest volumes in the series in English. The four books were all acquired from Blackwells and were priced pretty well also.

zXjMzMhh.jpg
WdrF8ICh.jpg

This weeks combined Blu-ray/anime pick ups

IMG_20220305_154437959.jpg

Waterloo - This classic in LE form from Mediumrare has Christopher Plummer and Rod Steiger as Wellington and Napoleon. Really nice edition.

Full Alert - another Hong Kong release from Eureka. A decent Ringo Lam crime flick.

Kick Boxer - JCVD in one of his best

Stranger in the House - BFI release of a 60s crime flick starting the great James Mason.

Code Geass - Akito the Exiled - Bought cheap from UP1. Love Code Geass generally, so hope i like this.

Radian Parts 1&2 LE - Amazon were basically giving these away

Planetes - A series I've long wanted to watch, cheap from UP1 as well.

Here is the one and only Round of photos for my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #6, which only has 5 posters in the order. The first poster is double-sided, so just for this post there will be a total of 6 photos:

Appleseed Alpha 2015 Theatrical release poster, Double-sided

appleseedalpha1b2.jpg

appleseedalpha2b2.jpg

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movie 2 2015 Theatrical release poster

arpeggiom2b2.jpg

Mobile Police Patlabor OVA 1990 TV Broadcast and LaserDisc release poster

patlaborovab2.jpg

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise 1987 Theatrical release poster

honneamiseb2.jpg

Toward the Terra 1980 Movie alternate version poster

terramovaltb2.jpg

Here is the one and only Round of photos for my Japanese B2 anime poster Order #6, which only has 5 posters in the order. The first poster is double-sided, so just for this post there will be a total of 6 photos:

Appleseed Alpha 2015 Theatrical release poster, Double-sided

appleseedalpha1b2.jpg

appleseedalpha2b2.jpg

Arpeggio of Blue Steel Movie 2 2015 Theatrical release poster

arpeggiom2b2.jpg

Mobile Police Patlabor OVA 1990 TV Broadcast and LaserDisc release poster

patlaborovab2.jpg

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise 1987 Theatrical release poster

honneamiseb2.jpg

Toward the Terra 1980 Movie alternate version poster

terramovaltb2.jpg

What website do you order the posters from btw, all your posts have got me interested in picking up a couple myself?

Received these today! - I also picked up a Billy shelf and 3 extra shelves, as I ran out of space in my homemade cabinets.
h41qysuc1ml81.jpg
if you're not bothered about display and more about storage, the malm drawers with the reinforcements apparently hold 200 14mm cases per drawer so up to 800 total per uniit

Back