What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Non Non Biyori Vacation/film and Food wars S3 ultimate edition/bento Box with only one dent and the dent isn't too bad, but does have a small 5mm stab/ cut in it, which I can only assume is because it was like that when they sent it out/happened in warehouse.
But for the price I got it for (£40 if anyone is curious/ but last one) and it being amazon, it's probably pretty good.

20211119_151338 (2).jpg

I received three exceptional Blu-ray imports from amazon.co.jp today:

RWBY Volume 5 First Press Limited Edition
RWBY Volume 6 First Press Limited Edition
RWBY Volume 7 First Press Limited Edition

These are the Japanese First Press Limited Editions for Volumes 5, 6, and 7 of RWBY. I had previously imported the LE boxsets for Volumes 1-4, which were originally released by Warner Bros. Japan between 2015 and 2017, and then I ended up dropping the entire RWBY series 3 years ago after Volume 6 aired on Roosterteeth. I decided to go back and revisit the series after discovering that Warner finally released the Limited Edition boxsets for the next three seasons just this year, after a long 4 year hiatus. Volumes 5, 6, and 7 were released in August, September, and October 2021, respectively - and Volume 8 is coming out in December.

Since I haven't opened any of these new sets yet, I'm including links below to my photo spreads on the blu-ray.com anime forum of the previous 4 releases, so you can see the details of the book-style design of the cases and what is packaged inside each one.

rwbyjple567.jpg

RWBY Volume 1 JP Limited Edition Blu-ray Box

RWBY Volume 2 JP Limited Edition Blu-ray Box

RWBY Volume 3 JP Limited Edition Blu-ray Box

RWBY Volume 4 JP Limited Edition Blu-ray Box

Last edited:
Week 3 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Monday-Friday lol.

Two packages arrived on the same day.

cb5PbuLh.jpg

cQDj3b0h.jpg
2yjVHf9h.jpg

oMCfCufh.jpg

5F61CFnh.jpg

14uLYS2h.jpg

J4eLmdyh.jpg

First up we have the Asian Cinema package from Terracotta Distribution. I had enough points to get £10 off the next order, so I acquired three recent Third Window Films releases. Junta Yamaguchi's Beyond the Two Infinite Minutes (Droste no hate de bokura / ドロステのはてで僕ら), released only a few days ago in the UK is considered one of Japan's best films in the past decade and was recommended by the director of One Cut of the Dead.

Then we have two films that came out on Blu-ray last year - Seiji Tanaka's Melancholic (Merankorikku / メランコリック), a 2018 film that Third Window Films considers to be one of the best released in Japan during that year, and Katsuhito Ishii's The Taste of Tea (Cha no Aji / 茶の味), a 2003 cult classic that Viz Media did release in North America and is one of those bizarre 'oh Japan' films that might intrigue many people.

Next we have a surprise package. This is Phase 3 of my collection expansions. To recap Phase 1 was the LG C1 TV and Phase 2 were additional rows for my existing shelves.

ea3knyyh.jpg

Yep that's right, I somehow managed to get a PlayStation 5 and I only started searching since the 5th of this month. The problem with these stock drops were that a majority occur during working hours so I miss out on them a lot, but sometimes they can often appear very early in the morning at around 7-9am. The original plan was to go for a bundle from GAME because they had a variety but out of nowhere Amazon did a stock drop just before I drove off to work.

Amazon's website is a challenge because of the 503 error when you try to add the console to your basket, but if you actually go to your Amazon phone app and already have the console in your wishlist, you can immediately get the console added to your basket and checkout like normal. That's how I was able to secure the console. In other words, if you have Amazon Prime and are trying to get the console, when the stock drop happens just use the phone app and don't bother with the website.

TFTrop8h.jpg

Now, the console exists which is good, but it's bloody huge. I had to use the stand design to make sure it fits next to my TV and the other consoles. Currently I have temporarily moved the PS3 away as I needed to move save data from PS4 onto PS5. I don't own any PS5 games outside of Astro's Playroom which is pre-installed, but it's worth getting the PS5 for the better performance. I acquired the PS4 a few months before the PS4 Pro was released so I never had the extra enhancement experiences like 1440p/1800p/2160p resolution or higher framerates for those games.

zXYVgZYh.jpg
MQikZKYh.jpg
FNX7Xy4h.jpg
M8qIV3sh.jpg
kT7SXFXh.jpg

Currently after doing some quick research, the ones that will benefit the most with PS5 after only using the base PS4 console are Code Vein, Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars, Fate/Extella Link, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.

Week 3 of the haul, or at least whatever turned up between Monday-Friday lol.

Two packages arrived on the same day.

cb5PbuLh.jpg

cQDj3b0h.jpg
2yjVHf9h.jpg

oMCfCufh.jpg

5F61CFnh.jpg

14uLYS2h.jpg

J4eLmdyh.jpg

First up we have the Asian Cinema package from Terracotta Distribution. I had enough points to get £10 off the next order, so I acquired three recent Third Window Films releases. Junta Yamaguchi's Beyond the Two Infinite Minutes (Droste no hate de bokura / ドロステのはてで僕ら), released only a few days ago in the UK is considered one of Japan's best films in the past decade and was recommended by the director of One Cut of the Dead.

Then we have two films that came out on Blu-ray last year - Seiji Tanaka's Melancholic (Merankorikku / メランコリック), a 2018 film that Third Window Films considers to be one of the best released in Japan during that year, and Katsuhito Ishii's The Taste of Tea (Cha no Aji / 茶の味), a 2003 cult classic that Viz Media did release in North America and is one of those bizarre 'oh Japan' films that might intrigue many people.

Next we have a surprise package. This is Phase 3 of my collection expansions. To recap Phase 1 was the LG C1 TV and Phase 2 were additional rows for my existing shelves.

ea3knyyh.jpg

Yep that's right, I somehow managed to get a PlayStation 5 and I only started searching since the 5th of this month. The problem with these stock drops were that a majority occur during working hours so I miss out on them a lot, but sometimes they can often appear very early in the morning at around 7-9am. The original plan was to go for a bundle from GAME because they had a variety but out of nowhere Amazon did a stock drop just before I drove off to work.

Amazon's website is a challenge because of the 503 error when you try to add the console to your basket, but if you actually go to your Amazon phone app and already have the console in your wishlist, you can immediately get the console added to your basket and checkout like normal. That's how I was able to secure the console. In other words, if you have Amazon Prime and are trying to get the console, when the stock drop happens just use the phone app and don't bother with the website.

TFTrop8h.jpg

Now, the console exists which is good, but it's bloody huge. I had to use the stand design to make sure it fits next to my TV and the other consoles. Currently I have temporarily moved the PS3 away as I needed to move save data from PS4 onto PS5. I don't own any PS5 games outside of Astro's Playroom which is pre-installed, but it's worth getting the PS5 for the better performance. I acquired the PS4 a few months before the PS4 Pro was released so I never had the extra enhancement experiences like 1440p/1800p/2160p resolution or higher framerates for those games.

zXYVgZYh.jpg
MQikZKYh.jpg
FNX7Xy4h.jpg
M8qIV3sh.jpg
kT7SXFXh.jpg

Currently after doing some quick research, the ones that will benefit the most with PS5 after only using the base PS4 console are Code Vein, Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars, Fate/Extella Link, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3, and Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
I didn't realise Conception got a boost on PS5 so I'll have to give it a try!
Might not be your thing but if you want to see what a good upgrade is try the PS5 version of Genshin Impact! It's ridiculous how big an improvement it is over the PS4 version.

I didn't realise Conception got a boost on PS5 so I'll have to give it a try!
Might not be your thing but if you want to see what a good upgrade is try the PS5 version of Genshin Impact! It's ridiculous how big an improvement it is over the PS4 version.
I wouldn't say it was a PS5 upgrade but more so a PS4 Pro upgrade followed by some tweaks that makes the frame rate better, like how Disaster Report 4 and School Girl/Zombie Hunter are 15fps on PS4 but 60fps on PS5 due to logic.

PACKAGE DROP
「week end ver.」
Found a LD for YU-NO 1998 OVA. Come to think of it, this is actually the first LD I ever owned.​
IMG_20211119_214803.jpg
MELTY BLOOD Limited Edition set. Once again these recent TYPE-MOON works be slacking with minimal content for their Limited Edition sets. Releases like Fate/EXTRA, CC, Extella + Link were much super compared to new TYPE-MOON releases. At least the game has English subs this time around 🙌
IMG20211117192425.jpg

M7epruo.jpg

That is now the most expensive 7" single in my collection (at £25 excluding shipping which beats out the James bond theme 7" single I got during RSD 2021) and at least it did come with a code for digital versions of the two songs.

Back