What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

ocsDnBg.jpg

After over 30 hours of being "out for delivery" Yodel finally decided to turn up with the package, but at least the record came intact although I'm more then likely going to order direct then go through zavvi since I'll at least know that it's coming from the states and likely won't be delivered by a bottom of the barrel delivery company.

16273116570695802855984089828584.jpg
6 buttons with a shift modifier (doubling them up), 2 microswitch shoulder buttons, a scroll wheel, 8 way dpad &..... Toggle for full analogue motion control (long before the wii).

Tried it out on need for speed 3, midtown madness 2, rollcage, wing commander prophecy & tachyon: the fringe so far and it works really well.

I read that the motion control is very sensitive but I'd call it responsive, it greatly exceeded my expectations & I had no issue at all.

U0FrgwQh.jpg

pCnGyZ7h.jpg

HnO5zHSh.jpg

3HEzgNVh.jpg

3FN9p0Ih.jpg

N9cTwr4h.jpg

mI1By0Lh.jpg

ozMgbyOh.jpg

EdpXap9h.jpg

5SBzMrbh.jpg
vFvYWkth.jpg

erIRgtIh.jpg

Rd8pWM1h.jpg

n2RKIDgh.jpg

ENhdM6xh.jpg

Sammo Hung's The Millionaires' Express arrived today from Amazon UK (a day earlier than originally estimated).

This is one of the latest Hong Kong releases from Eureka Entertainment, and while I generally don't pick up their sets immediately due to various factors, this particular film got a rather unique treatment and so I decided to pre-order it.

Alongside the poster (which is positioned within the slipcase and not with the case) and booklet (inside the case), this limited edition 3000 print run set also comes with a second Blu-ray disc that offers two additional ways to watch the film. The first disc covers the original theatrical Hong Kong cut (97 mins) and International Extended Version (101 mins), while the second disc covers the Shanghai Express English Export version (92 mins) and the Hybrid cut.

As the Theatrical and International Extended versions had different scenes and scenes removed, the Hybrid cut combines all of the footage between the two into one big complete film at 109 mins. Once the 3000 print run has sold out, this disc will not be included in the standard edition.

I received two orders from Rightstuf today, an all-Aniplex order and the final item from an earlier partial order:

Record of Grancrest War Volume 1 (Aniplex)
Record of Grancrest War Volume 2 (Aniplex)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Movie Trilogy (Aniplex)
Magi Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Volume 1 (Aniplex)
Arte (Funimation)

Lol, I'm trying to "keep up with the farzams" with all the AoA purchases! ;)

grancrestpuella.jpg

The neighbor couple and I really enjoyed Grancrest Wars; I had imported the UK standard Blu-rays a while back and we had liked the series so much I decided I needed to double-dip for the AoA releases. They are very nice chipboard boxsets. I bought the Madoka Magica movie trilogy set so that I have the Rebellion movie with an English dub for my neighbors to watch. The Magi Record series I just recently streamed and very much liked it, so Part 1 was an immediate purchase.

Arte - My mother and I both loved this series, I hope it will get another season at some point...

arte.jpg

Last edited:
Back