What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

View attachment 19558
It's a massive pain how quickly games go out of print now. If you play anything other than the most mainstream AAA titles, the days of waiting until a game's price drops are over. Astral Chain is less than two years old and out of print (I managed to get a sealed copy on eBay). JRPGs from Atlus routinely go out of print after a year. And, in what may be a new record, the UK version of 13 Sentinels seems to have gone out of print after a mere 9 months. No wonder my FOMO is in constant overdrive these days.
Yeah I was keeping a watch on 13 sentinels waiting for a price drop only to find it out of stock! Managed to nab a copy but very sad that FOMO has to extend to video games as well now...
View attachment 19563

After a few years of regret having not picked this one up when I could, I come home to one of my white whales and for a price I agree with. Just hope AL end up doing the rest of them. Now all I need to do is find the CE Gundam Movie Trilogy box set.
I'm jealous! Of the rebuilds, this is one version I'm so annoyed that I completely missed. Just hopeful AL re-release this and the other rebuilds eventually as well, after the the main series ultimate edition. And I do hope they release loads of copies of the latter as I imagine that will be in quite significant demand..l.
Received Your Lie in April CE courtesy of @RichDbiscuit :cool:

Arrived thoroughly well packaged I might add.

TehOGsT.jpg
Nice! I was thinking I paid an eye-watering amount to get this a few years back, but now realise just how difficult and sought after some of these oop anime boxsets can be, so very happy I managed to get this one in particular.
Received one title I imported from an eBay seller in Australia, new/sealed R4 DVD with English sub/dub:

Nodame Cantabile (Siren Visual)

nodamedvdr4.jpg
Lucky! I need to keep an eye out for a copy, really wanted to watch this for a while now. Does this have English subs? I see a very pricey complete collection on Amazon JP but a reviewer has mentioned no English subs which puts me off given the price of the set (and goodness knows what import fees...)

Lucky! I need to keep an eye out for a copy, really wanted to watch this for a while now. Does this have English subs? I see a very pricey complete collection on Amazon JP but a reviewer has mentioned no English subs which puts me off given the price of the set (and goodness knows what import fees...

Uhhm... 🧐

Received one title I imported from an eBay seller in Australia, new/sealed R4 DVD with English sub/dub:

nodamedvdr4.jpg

Lol, just giving you a hard time... ;)

nodamedvdr4.jpg
That's still gettable? oo
I have the JP BD box (and need no subs), but I've always be just a little bit morbidly curious about that Singaporian English dub that's supposed to be on this release.

The one that was available for the Collector's Edition is no longer there on Amazon, but the normal edition seems to be available still.

On ebay there are some normal editions on ebay.

Guess you're only looking for the Collector's Edition?
Thanks for the info.

Yes, that's correct, I am only looking for the Collector's Edition vol 8.

So I bought the German release of vol 10 of Moriarty the Patriot just because I wanted the art box that came with it. The German manga volume is slightly taller and wider than the Viz release
20210702_154236.jpg
(Viz copy on top for comparison)
20210702_154244.jpg
20210702_154251.jpg
20210702_154256.jpg

What I didn't know is that it also comes with a nice notepad
20210702_155025.jpg

That's still gettable? oo
I have the JP BD box (and need no subs), but I've always be just a little bit morbidly curious about that Singaporian English dub that's supposed to be on this release.

Lol, maybe it's a bootleg? I certainly hope not. It doesn't look like it. Once I open it up I'll have to check the discs with DVD Info.

Well, when watching any anime myself I would never listen to the dub anyway, as I'm a sub purist. The English dub would only be useful to me if I want to show the anime to any of my friends. And with this series, it's an absolute must to watch it in Japanese, just to hear the VA for Nodame. The way she makes the MC's grunts and groans and other exclamations are priceless, and they make the whole series.

So I bought the German release of vol 10 of Moriarty the Patriot just because I wanted the art box that came with it. The German manga volume is slightly taller and wider than the Viz release
View attachment 19658
(Viz copy on top for comparison)

What I didn't know is that it also comes with a nice notepad
View attachment 19662
Have to say the German release so much nicer than the Viz release. The outer cover is nice and sturdy, pages are nice but the icing on the cake is that it has the colour insert at the beginning. How I wish I could read German.

I'm jealous! Of the rebuilds, this is one version I'm so annoyed that I completely missed. Just hopeful AL re-release this and the other rebuilds eventually as well, after the the main series ultimate edition. And I do hope they release loads of copies of the latter as I imagine that will be in quite significant demand..l.

This was a double dip for me as I had the manga Collectors Edition but got this on the off chance the Anime Limited would end up doing the rest of the Rebuilds. Even though the contents of both sets are near identical with regards to the booklet, the Anime Limited version just feels and looks so much nicer especially with the minimalist Japanese like packaging design.

Uhhm... 🧐

Lol, just giving you a hard time... ;)
D'OH! I clearly unregistered that bit from your post during my online search in vain for a similar copy heh.

This was a double dip for me as I had the manga Collectors Edition but got this on the off chance the Anime Limited would end up doing the rest of the Rebuilds. Even though the contents of both sets are near identical with regards to the booklet, the Anime Limited version just feels and looks so much nicer especially with the minimalist Japanese like packaging design.
Yeah I got complacent after getting the Manga release! Would definitely have double-dipped as well, had I known about this release, for the same reason of the lovely packaging and also the art cards which looked really nice in the AL unboxing photos.

Three packages today.

Th4jdEOh.jpg

The first is Makoto Shinkai's Your Name now on 4K Ultra HD format. Mine arrived after everyone else's which was unexpected, but either way ZENZENZEN is here and it looks nice on the TV. You can view more photo/specs on my blog.

XIOEzE8h.jpg

Next we have Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution. The US release went OOP so we have a UK version. Pretty nice packaging and storyboard book to go with it. You can view more photo/specs on my blog.

Zy8hrdoh.jpg

R86Ctm1h.jpg

6J0qE7Bh.jpg

AG9fwash.jpg

rmY5jf4h.jpg

yBQBUKah.jpg

WWHIo4Eh.jpg

uoiGR4Rh.jpg

T7bq8xGh.jpg

And finally we have A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games by Bitmap Books. A hardback 600+ page book dedicated to going over tons of games from Japan, covering Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Shin Megami Tensei all the way to the critically-acclaimed fan favourite Rance. And also Record of Lodoss War because you need more elves in your life.
Finally got to unpack my deliveries and that Anemone set is really nice, so much more so than the import I was about to order at a relatively similar price to AL's pre-order. So thank you very much @NormanicGrav for the heads-up to be patient for the UK releases of both Anemone & Owarimonogatari part 3 - much appreciated.

And the shiny, reflective artwork on the Your Name box is really nice as well, complements the visuals of the anime rather nicely methinks.

nUJJoG6h.jpg

VBY0ltSh.jpg
pZHQbErh.jpg
eMdhfMFh.jpg
hS9jpZWh.jpg
FALhrwoh.jpg
1VGzTmGh.jpg
JeLK4K0h.jpg
mjGrEebh.jpg

Bungo Stray Dogs Seasons 1 & 2 collection arrived today from Zavvi. A Manga Entertainment (now Funimation UK) release and it took this long to finally go on offer (and it's funny considering the Movie & Season 3 went on offer first).

DG1woFch.jpg

mic3p3Sh.jpg
U2tMbymh.jpg

Also arrived was Prison School Omnibus Volume 3 from Blackwells, which arrived pretty fast though unfortunately there is a slight rip on the bottom part of the front cover but it hasn't affected the main content. Omnibus Volume 4 is on its way and may arrive early next week if its in the same pace as this package. Omnibus Volume 6 also been ordered at the same time, but will take at least two more weeks before it can arrive. Meanwhile, it seems Omnibus Volume 5 is slowly coming back so I can hopefully get that ordered in the next week or so.

Next we have Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution. The US release went OOP so we have a UK version. Pretty nice packaging and storyboard book to go with it. You can view more photo/specs on my blog.
Since I'm still awaiting my copy I decided to do just that. Um, I'm afraid I can't say I'm a huge fan of the (new?) formatting of your blog, Grav, unless there's something wrong on my end. I'm not sure "skinny" is the right word for that column width (especially once you scroll beyond the sidebar...) it looks like it needs help for anorexia.

Screenshot 2021-07-03 at 15-59-27 Anemone Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution (Collector’s Edition Blu-r...png

Since I'm still awaiting my copy I decided to do just that. Um, I'm afraid I can't say I'm a huge fan of the (new?) formatting of your blog, Grav, unless there's something wrong on my end. I'm not sure "skinny" is the right word for that column width (especially once you scroll beyond the sidebar...) it looks like it needs help for anorexia.

View attachment 19684
The current layout of my blog has been in place for over a year and unfortunately the width is beyond my control across all versions available to me at the moment. I do get what you mean though as if I had the opportunity I would tweak the width if I could.

The current layout of my blog has been in place for over a year and unfortunately the width is beyond my control across all versions available to me at the moment. I do get what you mean though as if I had the opportunity I would tweak the width if I could.
I didn’t think it had been that long since I visited but perhaps it has... I just thought I’d say something in case something had gone awry with it. Yours is far from the only website not suited to widescreen monitors in this modern world of mobile formatting though... You’d think at least they’d have a sensible option to pick for people viewing on desktop. Ah well. I still like your pics, as always.

I didn’t think it had been that long since I visited but perhaps it has... I just thought I’d say something in case something had gone awry with it. Yours is far from the only website not suited to widescreen monitors in this modern world of mobile formatting though... You’d think at least they’d have a sensible option to pick for people viewing on desktop. Ah well. I still like your pics, as always.
Thanks! I do appreciate the feedback whenever possible. Yours is actually the first in which resolution is a big concern for the blog. I think the only fix to this is by me actually acquiring a Premium Plan so that I have more customisable options available for the layout (which I will eventually have to acquire as I've almost reached the max storage space for the photos - the photos are shot in 4K but had to be downsized due to the filesize on the blog lol).

Back