What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It's that time of year again, my age has levelled up by 1. This is most of my Birthday haul. There were some last minute changes which resulted in a few being pushed back but so there's no anime today. What we do get is more books, games and Asian Cinema films.

Idmjkwnh.jpg

DpY75pRh.jpg
chz263Vh.jpg

Starting off with OVERLORD light novel volumes 7 & 8 in hardcover format from Yen Press. These books are most of what Season 3 of the anime had covered. Novel 9 was out of stock so I couldn't include it.

BfbHlcXh.jpg

H7D12JEh.jpg
EqTJJdzh.jpg
mpMkuKXh.jpg

Next we have ARIFURETA: From Commonplace to World's Strongest light novel volume 7 and GIGANT manga volume 1 from Seven Seas. The former keeps the ARIFURETA collection going and hoping to get another volume later before the second season airs in January (tentative date atm). The latter is finally acquired as Amazon banned the first volume as part of their stance on fanservice manga.

YQD01UFh.jpg

qMbKQOdh.jpg
gZddeOrh.jpg
iSLIzITh.jpg

For video games, we have Final Fantasy VIII Remastered for PlayStation 4 from Square Enix. Really surprised this game got a physical release and I finally decided to include it for my collection (I do own the other FF games on PS4 in physical form but those are all steelbooks so you can see why I hesitated lol). One more video game is planned for the Birthday haul but has been delayed for various circumstances.

mRKGDZoh.jpg

wbyHNhwh.jpg

KvFAMVzh.jpg

ASOTsWEh.jpg

bAbY4bDh.jpg

8HFNq3gh.jpg

XGgn7CZh.jpg

53QPFmth.jpg

ZEhF4c7h.jpg

143XTffh.jpg

For Asian Cinema, we have two more additions. First up we have Vincent Kok & Stephen Chow's Forbidden City Cop from distributor 88 Films. That slipcase feels so good, but once again KUNG FU BOB nails the artwork.

dYfXnqkh.jpg

qEGvAznh.jpg

TIwWSsJh.jpg

gI2Ki1yh.jpg

qNpVD95h.jpg

aQNoX0qh.jpg

dcbQtE4h.jpg

BUqAWNZh.jpg

pg38Woih.jpg

P6dSaG6h.jpg

EvAKdYYh.jpg

zVfuujbh.jpg

Last but not actually the last and least, we have Kinji Fukasaku and Takashi Miike's Graveyard of Honor films in a collection from distributor Arrow. This is the standard edition (or second print edition as some may call it) which is similar to The Ring Collection where you have the exact same packaging but without the booklet. The Arrow card included was A Tale of Two Sisters.

Amazon banned the first volume as part of their stance on fanservice manga
Wat. I clearly missed a memo here. Sounds like another addition to the list of reasons to stop supporting Amazon (the others being treating their workers like crap, tax avoidance and driving independent shops out of business) can we presume they’ll be stopping selling non-Japanese comics with content they find objectionable as well? Why stop there? Stop stocking films, TV shows, games and novels with such content as well. No? Just Japanese manga and LNs, is it? Gotta love narrow-focus moral panics that treat one medium (and apparently, one country of origin in this case) differently from all other media.

ymmv on getting older, but happy things-getting day, Grav.

Wat. I clearly missed a memo here. Sounds like another addition to the list of reasons to stop supporting Amazon (the others being treating their workers like crap, tax avoidance and driving independent shops out of business) can we presume they’ll be stopping selling non-Japanese comics with content they find objectionable as well? Why stop there? Stop stocking films, TV shows, games and novels with such content as well. No? Just Japanese manga and LNs, is it? Gotta love narrow-focus moral panics that treat one medium (and apparently, one country of origin in this case) differently from all other media.

ymmv on getting older, but happy things-getting day, Grav.
Well to be more accurate a number of titles from J-Novel Club and Seven Seas basically had volumes deleted for random reasons but many had some ecchi shots or sample pages that may have triggered the situation. It's stupid and only makes the hunt for those volumes much harder than it should (Dumbbells is a perfect example because the first volume always had stock issues as it just came out a few months before the lockdown began).

But thanks for the responses everyone, I had Nandos so the lunch was noice.

Time for a second round of items to show off, but this time I actually bought them as I ordered them over the weekend.

aUdMCngh.jpg

WgElJKbh.jpg
Wh9XJ4ah.jpg

The first is Monster Musume manga volumes 13 & 14 from Seven Seas. I wanted to get this series up-to-date (or close to) as soon as I could as many of these volumes were released years ago. It's one of the publishers' best sellers which is why it's still in print. From here on there was one volume released a year so I can now catch up pretty quickly now.

GH2WuCyh.jpg

p1c4Xvvh.jpg
Ez3gTmDh.jpg
alGJ7zsh.jpg

Next we have another video game for the PlayStation 3 collection with Time Crisis: Razing Storm from Bandai Namco. This is a compilation set that comes with Razing Storm, a Time Crisis spin-off similar to Crisis Zone, the Arcade version of Time Crisis 4, and Deadstorm Pirates. This collection is the way to-go if you want to play Time Crisis without the GunCon which is extremely rare from what I have heard (the GunCon was required for the franchise so this Razing Storm collection is the only accessible one available unless you have the Arcade machines nearby).

In terms of other PS3 games, I have God of War HD Collection Volume 2 on its way from CeX so hopefully that's in solid condition and that's really it outside of a few games I can honestly save for much later (excluding the Japanese imports of course). But once GoW arrives that's roughly all of the more important/priority games acquired so I can rest for the time being.

20210622_115019.jpg

So this arrived very quickly in the UK, Fate/Grand Order - Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia Set 2 from AoA.

20210622_115255~2.jpg

Set 2 matches the first set in terms of packaging, contains the remaining 10 episodes of the series and also has a booklet containing art (including some production art) of some of the characters in the show alongside quotes with the seiyu of each featured character.

20210622_115430.jpg
20210622_115507.jpg
20210622_115517.jpg

Re:Zero & Horizon middle of nowhere from MindGameCider sales thread on the forum
20210622_120900.jpg

And a few other thing from yesterday/today: Samurai girls from Cex after several attempts to get it from them and the one in Birmingham never being able to be stocked and cancelled every time, yet in all there wisdom they still leave it as available.
Moribito from MVM Deal of week and Dragonar Academy via ebay
20210622_120944-jpg.19471

Attachments

• 20210622_120944.jpg
    20210622_120944.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82
Back