What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Thanks for the understandable response. I generally stay away from most gacha communities as they're usually pretty toxic and I just don't understand their culture. For a game like Arknights I can only imagine how bad the community is so it's best I keep a distance.
Definitely agree with you there. It's all good to be a fan of the work. Though most gacha communities are a different species that are best to avoid if you wish to remain sane. At least in my opinion that is.

Kakuriyo was such a good series - I watched it, bought the Part 1 & 2 Blu-rays, and then showed the series to my neighbors in my theater right away, too.
Yep I have already seen before and also loved it, I just basically gave in and bought it as it such a good anime. Unfortunatly importing it is not cheapest and never seems to go on deals and the part version is even harder to get them both for a reasonable price, although probably slightly nicer box art, not sure I could justify to myself paying the extra for just box art and DVD's I would never use.

It physically hurts me that the US release for Shana is so cheap and yet region locked. I would love to get it on blu-ray
Yeah, it does kinda of suck, although very possbile some one is looking into it (but no annocement yet) (I assume MVM as they have they released the DVD's and also they have been doing some blu ray releases of some that didn't get the treatment) and maybe part of the reason it has become so cheap to get hold of the US editions.
So we can hope, and I'm sure I'll double dip if a UK release does come out, as I do prefere my option to be able to play on region B discs

Yeah, it does kinda of suck, although very possbile some one is looking into it (but no annocement yet) (I assume MVM as they have they released the DVD's and also they have been doing some blu ray releases of some that didn't get the treatment) and maybe part of the reason it has become so cheap to get hold of the US editions.
So we can hope, and I'm sure I'll double dip if a UK release does come out, as I do prefere my option to be able to play on region B discs
MVM have said on Twitter that they have no plans to release the series on Blu-ray.

It physically hurts me that the US release for Shana is so cheap and yet region locked. I would love to get it on blu-ray

Well, sorry, but I feel no pity towards any anime fan, especially nowadays, who hasn't bothered to get at least one region-free, region-switchable, or region-dedicated player so that they aren't limited to just their local region for anime releases. 💩

Last edited:
Well, sorry, but I feel no pity whatsoever towards any anime fan, especially nowadays, who hasn't bothered to get at least one region-free, region-switchable, or region-dedicated player so that they aren't limited to just their local region for anime releases. 💩
I might have thought the same a few years back, but region free blu-ray players (at least in the UK) are not as easy to find or as cheap as they once were, which is truly bizarre when you think about how cheap region free DVD players became over a similar period. My region switchable player cost me £40 back in 2011, these days you'd struggle to find one for less than about £150. I don't think there's even a single region free player you can buy new off the shelf, rather than from someone who mods and resells them (and I can perhaps understand people being wary to buy from such sellers in case they just up and disappear, leaving them with a player they can't return to the manufacturer if it breaks).

Well, sorry, but I feel no pity towards any anime fan, especially nowadays, who hasn't bothered to get at least one region-free, region-switchable, or region-dedicated player so that they aren't limited to just their local region for anime releases. 💩
+1 to this. Multi-region BD/DVD is a real game changer and is without a doubt the best investment for any user regardless Anime or not. I understand some might not be willing to spend towards a new set but I myself purchased a pre-owned Sony BDP-S3700 for only £50.00GBP. Although I would prefer the BDP-S3500 as I feel the S3700 is more of a downgrade despite being a newer model ¯\(ツ)

I might have thought the same a few years back, but region free blu-ray players (at least in the UK) are not as easy to find or as cheap as they once were, which is truly bizarre when you think about how cheap region free DVD players became over a similar period.
That is true though there are many decent sellers on eBay who are either selling for cheap or set to auction. Depending on the brand, prices are still pretty alright compared to buying for more than £150. Of course, you'd have to check if the blu-ray is in great condition and doesn't look like it'll die on you ⚰️

What buy a £200 player for one series? I'll stick to my [Redacted] copies thanks
Gotta save your dolla 💸🤣

Last edited:
Oh you misunderstood, I was actually laughing with you. Paying that kind of price range would suck. You should see how much a multi-region OPPO BD player goes for, now that's a real wallet killer 😱
Ah sorry for my comment then, I thought you were calling me cheap with that pinching emoji lol.

Yeah went with a cheap 2nd hand PS3 (So I have 2 PS3) and then made it a region free (or changable to region A) PS3 by adding CFW (NOTE only really works for Blu rays (so Not DVD's)).
And also Leawo player for my PC (which you can apparently change but I've just left as region A).

So there is option if you want something and don't want to shell out loads for a multi region (But not everyone is gonna be comfortable setting up a PS3 with CFW, and probably a bit more extra's to get used to it and just to play blu ray)

Oh you misunderstood, I was actually laughing with you. Paying that kind of price range would suck. You should see how much a multi-region OPPO BD player goes for, now that's a real wallet killer 😱
Yeah, I own two of them, an Oppo 203 and a 93, both with hardware mods I installed. I also have three computers at hone with Blu-ray drives installed, and using the latest version of Leawoo player, they will all play other-region discs with very little issue.

Yeah, I own two of them, an Oppo 203 and a 93, both with hardware mods I installed. I also have three computers at hone with Blu-ray drives installed, and using the latest version of Leawoo player, they will all play other-region discs with very little issue.
Very nice 👍 For me OPPO was an enthusiast's brand that has now skyrocketed to the mainstream scene. They just keep impressing with each new products.

My current smartphone is an OPPO and my goodness it's really changed my perspective on smartphones in general (ex Samsung Galaxy user).

I've also heard great things about their Blu-ray players especially in regards to Best-in-class audio performance, plays many media type and much more great specs. Might consider switching from Sony in the future but still on the fence 🤔

edit: I've realised I've been going off topic quite a bit on this thread today. I'll have to refrain from going even further for the day 🙃

Last edited:
I received these 6 titles today from the May Funimation Sale:

Classroom of the Elite
Convenience Store Boyfriends
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These Season 1
Chain Chronicle – The Light of Haecceitas
Restaurant to Another World

All came with slipcovers except Chain Chronicle. I needed a slipcover for LotGH Season 1, the one I got from Rightstuf had no slip to match Season 2, so I took a risk double-dipping, and it paid off. Got these all put inside box protectors, ready for the shelf.

funisalemay2020.jpg

Very nice 👍 For me OPPO was an enthusiast's brand that has now skyrocketed to the mainstream scene. They just keep impressing with each new products.
I've also heard great things about their Blu-ray players especially in regards to Best-in-class audio performance, plays many media type and much more great specs. Might consider switching from Sony in the future but still on the fence 🤔
Well Oppo ceased production of all their Blu-ray players in 2019, so they are no longer available except for anything you might be lucky enough to find on the secondary market, and at super inflated prices, most likely. End of an Era...

Back