What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Ft1.jpg

3 more Jackie Chan films from 88 Films, Shaolin Wooden Men, New Fist of Fury & Snake In the Eagle's Shadow.

Ftcol.jpg

With those 3 films added, I have most of the UK Jackie Chan releases (that aren't his American films or post 2000). There are various OOP ones I hope (and I think will do) reappear with 88 Films and there is that Eureka release of Last Hurrah for Chivalry + Hand of Death which could be included in this too but otherwise, that's most of them.

Attachments

• Ft1.jpg
    Ft1.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 3
I've already collected all three of the Aniplex of Japan releases for Fate/stay night Heavens Feel, so now I figured I'd make @Geriatric hedgehog even more jealous 😁 , as I've now started picking up the Aniplex of America releases, so that I will have an English dub available for my friends to watch. Yesterday I received Part II Lost Butterfly from Robert's Anime Corner Store, since it has been OOS at Rightstuf for quite some time. I do also have Part I in the mail coming from Rightstuf. So now I'm just waiting for Part III to release from AoA. Below is the AoA Lost Butterfly set I just received on left, next to the AoJ set on the right. The AoJ set has a wider spine (42 mm wide) and is housed in a high quality hinged-lid box, whereas the AoA release is in a typical side-load chipboard slipbox (33 mm wide).

fatelostaoaaoj.jpg

Last edited:
Grimgar and Toradora arrived for me today, Toradora doesn't want to stand up on it's own though (much like Taiga) so it's leaning on Grimgar :)

Grimgar was a bit of a whim from CEX but for £20 I thought decent value, and everywhere else was like £40+ for it, paid off.

62MLdFa.jpg
I wish Cex would send me collector's edition instead of standard editions, unless you count the one time where they sent me standard edition Durarara S1 which had been replaced with CE disks (which were of course the disks filled with errors)

And yep certainly paid off with getting grimgar as a CE, And yeah I see it on ebay for around £30-35 and wonder how it never sells, as collector's edition set/ art work I really like with it water colour style.

And yep certainly paid off with getting grimgar as a CE, And yeah I see it on ebay for around £30-35 and wonder how it never sells, as collector's edition set/ art work I really like with it water colour style.

It was a bit of a punt as the listing on CEX just said it was the bluray version, but the picture and the ID in the url bar were the CE version, so I just got it in the hope it was the CE. I was pleasantly surprised that it arrived in good condition and with the extras in the box and even the info sheet on the back of it!

I've been watching the show recently and I really like the artwork, the watercolour/painted scenes work very well for this type of show. I agree that the set looks really nice :)

That's funny, was expecting something in a few days from ebay but not today... looks like the neighbour has it...

Infamous iron man? I didn't get that... oh!! OH!

20210506_192913.jpg

20210506_193637.jpg

A box within a box, but the box it's in is confusing and wrong 🤣
I'll have to look at the actual thing another time though

Aw. Enjoy it, but when you said “Alien Girl” I was kinda hoping for something more like Giger’s original Alien 3 design...

I will be forever sad that his femAlien ideas for Alien 3 never made it to the screen. An Alien that preyed on the desires of sex-starved male prisoners for anything remotely female looking would have been a genuinely perfect counterpart to the phallic rapeyness of the original.

Aw. Enjoy it, but when you said “Alien Girl” I was kinda hoping for something more like Giger’s original Alien 3 design...

I will be forever sad that his femAlien ideas for Alien 3 never made it to the screen. An Alien that preyed on the desires of sex-starved male prisoners for anything remotely female looking would have been a genuinely perfect counterpart to the phallic rapeyness of the original.
I’ll have to look that one up, but this one in particular is just designed by someone at Hot Toys after they shipped Predator Girl, a human that’s actually from a comic I think that uses the Predator’s gear

Back