What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

pqoZAkSh.jpg

02A435lh.jpg

Today's arrival starts off with the Monogatari series with Owarimonogatari Volume 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari from Aniplex of America in a limited edition Blu-ray package. I first started buying the Monogatari sets back in January 2014, and seven years later I finally complete it. It was good timing as well, considering the currency rate this month is much better than last year combined and it arrived just before United Publications would increase the prices on their US site where I ordered these from.

As for the sets themselves, they're as good as the previous volumes, though interestingly Zoku Owarimonogatari goes back to the see-through style o-card wrap and the booklet is a different type. Both of the volumes also do not include their "Aniplex of America Proof of Purchase" cards as they discontinued that idea. As per usual, both releases are all region and have unlockable white subtitles. You can view more photos and specs for Owarimonogatari Volume 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari on my blog.

2sdBUTjh.jpg

qKrj7dch.jpg

TPvXx2Dh.jpg

s2fU5Lph.jpg

The next arrival comes from the Zavvi 40% off Manga Entertainment sale as we have Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and NEW GAME from Manga Entertainment in a regular Blu-ray package. Code Geass is actually a triple-dip purchase, as I own the KAZE DVDs back in 2013 and Funimation's borked limited edition Blu-ray back in 2017. This time it's for the correct audio setup and Region B discs. NEW GAME is NEW GAME so it's what you would expect, both seasons are together on Blu-ray. You can view more photos of the sets below in the spoiler tags.

hURncD2h.jpg

GDSJw76h.jpg

HlpCswph.jpg

iCxutZch.jpg

KECxJTuh.jpg

SnQb4zBh.jpg

xQOcc8Zh.jpg
CML3usOh.jpg

2VdQD74h.jpg

aN74Jbfh.jpg

X9gUwQOh.jpg

Wef4jmWh.jpg

hQF0dGyh.jpg
4S0cKshh.jpg

TRH15xeh.jpg

pqoZAkSh.jpg

02A435lh.jpg

Today's arrival starts off with the Monogatari series with Owarimonogatari Volume 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari from Aniplex of America in a limited edition Blu-ray package. I first started buying the Monogatari sets back in January 2014, and seven years later I finally complete it. It was good timing as well, considering the currency rate this month is much better than last year combined and it arrived just before United Publications would increase the prices on their US site where I ordered these from.

As for the sets themselves, they're as good as the previous volumes, though interestingly Zoku Owarimonogatari goes back to the see-through style o-card wrap and the booklet is a different type. Both of the volumes also do not include their "Aniplex of America Proof of Purchase" cards as they discontinued that idea. As per usual, both releases are all region and have unlockable white subtitles. You can view more photos and specs for Owarimonogatari Volume 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari on my blog.

2sdBUTjh.jpg

qKrj7dch.jpg

TPvXx2Dh.jpg

s2fU5Lph.jpg

The next arrival comes from the Zavvi 40% off Manga Entertainment sale as we have Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and NEW GAME from Manga Entertainment in a regular Blu-ray package. Code Geass is actually a triple-dip purchase, as I own the KAZE DVDs back in 2013 and Funimation's borked limited edition Blu-ray back in 2017. This time it's for the correct audio setup and Region B discs. NEW GAME is NEW GAME so it's what you would expect, both seasons are together on Blu-ray. You can view more photos of the sets below in the spoiler tags.

hURncD2h.jpg

GDSJw76h.jpg

HlpCswph.jpg

iCxutZch.jpg

KECxJTuh.jpg

SnQb4zBh.jpg

xQOcc8Zh.jpg
CML3usOh.jpg

2VdQD74h.jpg

aN74Jbfh.jpg

X9gUwQOh.jpg

Wef4jmWh.jpg

hQF0dGyh.jpg
4S0cKshh.jpg

TRH15xeh.jpg
Your Monogatari collection is awesome. Shame the individual S2 sets are oop.

Your Monogatari collection is awesome. Shame the individual S2 sets are oop.
Nyahaha. It's a great collection, and a rather rocky ride considering what I should have done was buy the Second Season volumes when I was in my second year (2014-2015 where the rate was at its very best) because the referendum happened not long after that in 2016 where it got more expensive. It was fortunate that Owari 3 and Zoku Owari was about £122 overall from UP1 USA thanks to the rate being £1 = $1.36/1.37 at the moment.

As for what I plan to do next with Aniplex, if you know me already (or saw my Otaku Collection page on my blog) the next franchise left to sort out is none other than the Fate franchise.

@NormanicGrav just so I’m not misunderstanding, UP1 informed you that orders placed for January via the US website won’t have the increased prices? I was wondering as there are some Feb/March titles I’m looking to get.

@NormanicGrav just so I’m not misunderstanding, UP1 informed you that orders placed for January via the US website won’t have the increased prices? I was wondering as there are some Feb/March titles I’m looking to get.
UP1 told me that any orders you make and arrive before 1st February will continue to use the classic pricing method. I believe if an order dispatches on 1st February onwards it'll have VAT applied so the payment will cost more, however UP1 UK already had this in place all this time so any order you made before and after 1st February on UP1 UK will stay the same as per usual.

I don't know if pre-orders from say last year or this month on UP1 USA that are due February onwards will have the new or old pricing method though. If I had to make a predicted guess, if you make an order or had a pre-order from last year that arrives in February onwards it'll probably use the new prices. It takes at least 2 weeks from ordering them to having them dispatched so I recommend you are better off just using UP1 UK from here on (or Rightstuf as the prices may be a bit better).

My final 2 Zavvi blurays arrived. Still waiting on 2 AL blurays from 2 weeks ago!

RQXLAmPh.jpg

Nyahaha. It's a great collection, and a rather rocky ride considering what I should have done was buy the Second Season volumes when I was in my second year (2014-2015 where the rate was at its very best) because the referendum happened not long after that in 2016 where it got more expensive. It was fortunate that Owari 3 and Zoku Owari was about £122 overall from UP1 USA thanks to the rate being £1 = $1.36/1.37 at the moment.

As for what I plan to do next with Aniplex, if you know me already (or saw my Otaku Collection page on my blog) the next franchise left to sort out is none other than the Fate franchise.

I love Monogatari, your collection is fantastic and looks great! :)

I only wish that Aniplex would sort out releasing the final bits here with MVM like they did the others. I have Bake, Nise, and Second Season collections, but I'm not going to start Owari unless I can buy them all, and hopefully in an Owari collection.

+1 points for Kiss x Sis... 🥰

should i even question what kiss sis is?
or is it smut?

Only true men of culture need watch it 🤣

I think I am coincidentally copying your Aniplex buys. I'll most likely stick to the MVM sets for Kizumonogatari and Season 2 however as Kizu is pretty much the same release and S2 boxset is an uncomfortable purchase for a tiny upgrade.

I have also been buying the Aniplex Fate releases as they come as well

My final anime package roaming the wilds of the postal backlog arrived today from Mercari - I received this sealed copy of the Akira steelbook to add to my growing anime steelbook collection. Wow, is the embossing ever pronounced on the front of this steelbook - some areas are raised a full 1/8 inch above the surface!

akirasteel.jpg

All of my Holiday anime orders that were temporarily lost in space have now arrived. Now I'm just waiting for a few pre-order international shipments from Anime-On-Line to go out to me when they come into stock. All of these are AL collector's edition sets - Violet Evergarden, Planetes, Re:Zero, Millenium Actress, Odeo 808, and Children of the Sea CEs. Hopefully the postal backlogs will be mostly caught up when those ship out!

Last edited:
Are the Funi ones Region Free by any chance?

Of the 5 Funi titles in my order, all are listed on the back as Region AB except Meiji Tokyo Renka, which is marked Region A only. From my previous order I posted the day before (the one with the Fruits Basket storage box set), all are marked as Region AB except for Stand My Heroes, which is marked Region A only. I haven't opened any of them yet, so I can't confirm the accuracy of their labeling, which can sometimes be incorrect.

Back