What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

New phone Samsung Galaxy S20 (picture courtesy of old phone). Needed new phone as old phone has stopped recieving the security updates now. I tend to try and get the flagships for their longer 3-4 year support, as I prefer to keep a phone for as long as humanly possible, I gave up buying cheap phones with their single year support a while ago.

Not pictured but I also got last weeks Deal of the week Nozaki-kun from MVM

samsung generally support their phones for 2 years with android updates and another year or 2 if you're lucky with security updates btw, i don't have the newest samsung phone but from what i've seen android updates usually come within 6 or so months of the version releasing in the first year of the phone then it's usually 8-12ish months after for the next year

This monstrosity came in today.....

I don’t want to compare it to my japan bluray box, not even to another UK copy. The white border line that should not exist, is so fat and misaligned that you can’t enjoy the rest of the artwork. Copies like this should not have passed the quality check........straight to the garbage bin!
They should of made the tops and bottoms black so it's not so noticeable (Or just made them properly in the first place!) My Endless Waltz is perfect, but both my Thunderbolts and Origin V-VI have that problem too.
Glad I'm not the only one that this winds up lol My Endless Waltz is fine but December Sky and Origin V-VI have this issue pretty bad, it looks very sloppy.

samsung generally support their phones for 2 years with android updates and another year or 2 if you're lucky with security updates btw, i don't have the newest samsung phone but from what i've seen android updates usually come within 6 or so months of the version releasing in the first year of the phone then it's usually 8-12ish months after for the next year

Yeah according to their road map it is quarterly security updates after those first two years for roughly an extra 2 years which is better than any other android manufacturer right now honestly. Only iPhone is better with 5 years of updates but I dislike the closed ecosystem.

I'd say OnePlus are probably the best for updates. They had the first phones updated to Android 10 and the first phones with it pre installed.

And after being delayed Android 10 is rolling out from today on their 2017 OnePlus 5 and 5T models.

Glad I'm not the only one that this winds up lol My Endless Waltz is fine but December Sky and Origin V-VI have this issue pretty bad, it looks very sloppy.

Origin is another story. On the front cover the white border should be the same on all 3 sides. On the back cover the same again on all 3 sides but the white line less thinner. I think my Origin copies are in the best state they could under these circumstances....

Now about December Sky..... It’s a mess, like Endless Waltz!

41B6CCEB-40FA-47AF-A1B1-2557C3556C23.jpeg
0667FA4E-1225-4F2B-B24D-C07DCBC2CE92.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd say OnePlus are probably the best for updates. They had the first phones updated to Android 10 and the first phones with it pre installed.

And after being delayed Android 10 is rolling out from today on their 2017 OnePlus 5 and 5T models.

That's pretty good and interestingly contradicts the update policy they have laid out on their website. Oh well in 4 years time when it's time to move on I'll look again then.

That's pretty good and interestingly contradicts the update policy they have laid out on their website. Oh well in 4 years time when it's time to move on I'll look again then.
Bare in mind this release was supposed to be out last year, still more than 2 years after the release of the OnePlus 5 though.

The OnePlus 5 will now have gone though 4 Android versions, having originally shipped with Nougat.

EWUVfbx.jpg

Back