What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I imported this from Arrow Films in the UK - Ghost in the Shell softcover book by Andrew Osmond. It is 120 pages, and is Blu-ray sized, except it is about 4mm too wide to fit inside a Blu-ray slipcover. Looks like an interesting read!

gitsbook1.jpg

gitsbook3.jpg

Last edited:
In today's episode of what did Grav receive this time around...

p1M0omJh.jpg

Two more out of print Japanese films have arrived! The first is Kamikaze Girls from director Tetsuya Nakashima (Confessions, Memories of Matsuko) and music composed by Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: SAC). The film is distributed by Third Window Films and discontinued in early 2019. This release is the first print version with the spine matching the older releases. This film was actually bought through CeX Online for £5 + Postage and it arrived in pretty solid condition.

The second is Tokyo Sonata from director Kiyoshi Kurosawa (Pulse/Kairo). The film is distributed by Eureka Entertainment as part of their Masters of Cinema branding. This film was labeled as discontinued which makes sense considering its #03 on the MoC line-up lol. This film was bought through Base for £5.99.

I got a good bunch in recent months, but as I have a bit of free time and this just arrived today, after a wait 9 days short of the 3 month and it's small enough to actually fit the camera frame:

JPEG_20200311_214436.jpg
JPEG_20200311_214504.jpg

It is quite the weird shaped box. (They obviously are trying for some CD collection style, but I never ever saw such a CD box to begin with.) The single 1 episode volumes (1 episode per volume!) are packaged like thick like Digipack CDs with a slipcover and contain a BD and a CD each. The box is just black on the two big faces, but has some nice art on the three smaller faces. (Why'd they heck waste the top side with the biggest art display potential?)
Even more weird, turning the box 90° around and it's exactly BD height. That does mean that I could put it next to everything else with no shape distortions, if I turn it over.I wonder if this was planned. (But having the 12 volumes piles stack onto each other, I wonder if they may get damaged...) Turned 90° the black face makes itself look kinda even more wasted...

The Anime feels like half is missing, but I did like that abstract/surreal Monogatari-ish Shaft style a lot, and as I am reading the Manga and also have the LNs on the reading pile, so should work out for the rewatch. (Or even half of a first watch, considering how much was corrected.)

So that's one off the AoA-doesn't-care-about-it-screw-AUS-DVD-only list.

Got my Aria guidebook in today, making that everything received from the Kickstarter after checks notes 2 and a half years!

Vx4gj2B.jpg

Not gonna lie, as much as a logistical nightmare as it would've been, I wish the individual numbers of the lithograph and book more closely matched that of my backer number: 10. My book is #1297.

Last edited:
Oh! I didn't even realize the Aria books were numbered - just checked and I got #599. I received the lithograph so long ago I'd have to go look at it to see what number it was... ok, so my lithograph is #1312 out of 1600. I was Backer #35.

My book also arrived yesterday (got a got a bit overshadowed by the Mekakushi City Actors box. Mine was wrapped in some meters of that brown paper, but still managed to get a little bumb on a corner on the backcover. =_= I got number 001298. Was surprised about the trailing zeros, did they print that many? oo"
My lithograph is 1104. Backer number 291. If my guidebook number was one higher I'd have a combo of dividable by three numbers.

Also, these stickers that were there as an extra....
JPEG_20200311_224615.jpg

I don't know what about it is, but it does look a bit... kinda creepy.
(The AL mascott on the other hand is genuinely cute. Makes the RS one even more off, as it's also red.)

Last edited:
My book also arrived yesterday (got a got a bit overshadowed by the Mekakushi City Actors box. Mine was wrapped in some meters of that brown paper, but still managed to get a little bumb on a corner on the backcover. =_= I got number 001298. Was surprised about the trailing zeros, did they print that many? oo"
My lithograph is 1104. Backer number 291. If my guidebook number was one higher I'd have a combo of dividable by three numbers.

Also, these stickers that were there as an extra....
JPEG_20200311_224615.jpg

I don't know what about it is, but it does look a bit... kinda creepy.
(The AL mascott on the other hand is genuinely cute. Makes the RS one even more off, as it's also red.)

Creepy? Realy? It kinda looks like it's wearing a luchadore mask though. I think it's rather cute.

Best girl and the one that's only put on a gear to try and kill her. Now that I say that out loud, why did it pretty heavily suggest yuri at the end? Hibiki should hate her...
To be fair, Miku was possessed by Shem-ha, so had no say in what she was doing. They've also been strongly hinted as being in love since the start of Season 1

Back