What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

I still love TOS - I'm old enough to have watched it when it originally aired in the 1960's - and it's still my favorite of all the Trek series. I also really enjoyed The Animated Series, which was basically TOS Season 4. DS9 was my least favorite, they never went anywhere. I heard it did get better in later seasons, but I had already dropped it.

Personally I put TOS in it's own category as it is drastically different (a product of it's time in a sense)

For the 90's era trilogy I think if I had to rate them it would probably go TNG > Voyager > DS9 but as mentioned above I don't dislike any of them.

TNG had the exploration aspect.
Voyager had the whole lost in space vibe which I enjoyed
DS9 was more politically driven and showed how the Federation was at war.

Really Voyager is really weak I would even put it below Discovery at this point. It’s ruins the borg has Janeway being uptight and kinda ruins its premise by having the ship and crew look pristine every episode which is weird when 70 years from nearest Starbase

Just an FYI, DS9 and Voyager will never see a HD release because it is all on tape even though at least for Voyager all the scenes were shot on film before all the CGI was added and the episode put onto tape, but the original master film would have to have been kept for the glimmer of any HD version to be possible which might be impossible even if that were true as they would have to redo all the CGI scenes for the series which would not make it financially viable to do (all of TNG was shot on film which is why that was able to see a HD release)

Technology connections on youtube has done a video on this (titled film: the reason some of the past was in HD) and mentions why DS9 and Voyager hasn't had a HD release.

I got the steelbook that looks a little nicer, dont think you can get them now though, the small dedicated fanbase is one of those that will snap up any LE stuff fast, like the Berserk fanbase

To avoid a double post though, not really anime related but just got a new bag for work
20200305_143949.jpg

Did the fact it's called "power king" influence my purchase in any way? That's for the scholars 100 years from now to decide...

Back