What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Received one in the mail today from JB Hifi - Madman's Violet Evergarden Blu-ray

violeteverau.jpg

So these two had a bit of a delay but thankfully they arrived in the end.

zv4llQIh.jpg

First we have Chivalry of a Failed Knight from Sentai Filmworks. This is the limited edition Blu-ray & DVD release that also comes with the soundtrack, hardcover booklet, a patch, 2 character pins, 6 art cards, and a poster. Acquired via Rightstuf for $33 during the flash sale. A pretty Stella deal. You can view more photos over on my blog.

J8kj1xph.jpg

Next we have Love Live! The School Idol Movie from Bandai Visual. This is the limited edition Blu-ray release from Japan that comes with a special Blu-ray disc, μ’s original song CD, booklet and a bunch of promo stuff. Acquired via Yahoo! Auctions for 1200 Yen and via Buyee for a whole bunch of Yen (700 Yen for charges on the item order, 2200 Yen for EMS shipping, 360 Yen for Domestic shipping (from seller to Buyee) and 1500 Yen for extra protection, yeah I went overkill). In pounds, that's about £48. You can view more photos over on my blog.

I decided to do the BFI haul a couple of days earlier than usual and as such, I have four more titles to join the Asian cinema collection. The films chosen were:

awFPBhhh.jpg

• Kon Ichikawa's An Actor's Revenge - released in 1963
  • Yasujiro Ozu's Late Autumn - released in 1960 (with A Mother Should Be Loved - released in 1934)
  • Akira Kurosawa's Rashomon - released in 1950
  • Yasujiro Ozu's Tokyo Story - released in 1953 (with Brothers and Sisters of the Toda Family - released in 1941)
Each of these titles was £14.99 so overall it was £29.98 thanks to the BOGOF offer. I did spot the Kurosawa Samurai collection but I felt that since it was £44.99 it was better for me to get the set at a later point online because it's cheaper that way, but I got Rashomon as a start.

3fUFM13h.jpg

xzlZDiUh.jpg

WyrQ1j7h.jpg

Meanwhile, I picked up some more PlayStation 4 games over at GAME.

LoNtUIrh.jpg

A bit earlier than planned but I spotted Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet for a good price and it's one of those that I wanted to own as soon as possible (in case it goes out of print or up in price). As it was part of their 2 for £30 offering the only other game I felt would make sense was Valkyria Chronicles 4. I still have the first game to go through but considering this game is with SEGA it makes sense for me to get it sooner than later.

I think in terms of the PlayStation 4 collection for UK releases, I got pretty much every major title I needed. The secondary round of priority is (believe it or not) the Bandai Namco anime games, but I want to get those at a good price and not too much. There's also the PQube visual novel titles and Spike Chunsoft's titles to get but those solely depend on timing since they may end up going for a good price later down the line.

Last edited:
Back