What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

HEVCn7Il.jpg

You guys are getting me in the mood for a Geass re-watch, and I really don't need that with so much anime I haven't even touched.

Are the movies worth it, or is it mostly recycled stuff?

Last edited:
You guys are getting me in the mood for a Geass re-watch, and I really don't need that with so much anime I haven't even touched.

Are the movies worth it, or is it mostly recycled stuff?
I've only watched the first one so far but it's mostly recycled. I believe by the third film it diverges for the sequel resurrection film.

It's been over a decade after watching the TV show, but I feel the movies aren't that diffrent to the tv show in terms of what is shown. More like the changes are much more in what is not shown. (One thing is pretty major, but the Trilogy itself doesn't really do anything with it and it pretty much kills the purpose of a certain other character's existance.)

The Trilogy's most nice part imo is, that it tries to stay serious for the most part. So the sober scenes stay and most of the lidicrous/drunk/comedy/randomness gets kicked out. Notably that makes 2/3 of the R2 part feel like a piece of cheese with a lot of holes, but it was kind of nice, to remind me, what that there was, to draw me back to the screen every week for the newest R2 even if it pulled one deus ex machina and weird twist after another. So felt in a way like a compilation of best ofs to me.

I'm kinda interested in the third movie if it continues/diverges from the series, but I kinda enjoyed all the different moods Geass went through, so to think it's all kinda serious only all of a sudden is a bit weird!

Not all of it, that would be kind of impossible. But the S1 ones that stayed kinda blend in better than the S2 ones. (Some of those just kinda... felt off.)

Not all of it, that would be kind of impossible. But the S1 ones that stayed kinda blend in better than the S2 ones. (Some of those just kinda... felt off.)
I mean I hate the first one because the changes are stupid for example it makes a character go around looking for a man that is their role in the film it’s like why are they even there if that’s what they want then to change into.

I mean I hate the first one because the changes are stupid for example it makes a character go around looking for a man that is their role in the film it’s like why are they even there if that’s what they want then to change into.

I think the scene your talking about was covered in a drama cd previous, but now was animated.

Somehow I find Shirley role in the films extraordinarily dismissable. Everything I remember her for being good for does not show up in the movies. Making Lulu realize he wasn't just on justice's side, as her dad died in one of his tactics, or her trying to get some revenge or her dying because of Rollo. With all that school life gone her role as one person who's innocently rooted in "normal" life he's discarding is also gone.
Just made me wonder, what diffrence it does, that she doesn't die. Even if Ressurection pulls off something with her, she'll have close to no character building except the one dimensional "classmate who one sidedly likes Lulu" (and didn't even have much of any interaction). At least for the trilogy she is almost completely discardable. (That scene with her and Orenji also caused more confusing without context than not and then it also didn't really matter, that some geass was undone on her.)
It was kind fo one major spoiler I heard about the divergences, but somehow it doesn't really do anything with it. =X

Back