What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Got these a couple of days ago.
LKMGo47.jpg

So I went to HMV and picked up some more films. This time however I'm future-proofing my collection with the Ultra HD Blu-ray format.

DVnACApUQAAITCb.jpg

Pretty much 4K will end up being the norm within the next few years and while the pricing is still relatively high it's not too bad on the 2 for £30 deals in HMV. I picked up two films; one I've watched and one I haven't yet seen.

Get Out is one of my favourite films of 2017 and I was pretty lucky watching it at the cinema since the UK screenings were coming to a close. It's a satire horror film but I was left pretty satisfied with the outcome of it. Split on the other hand was one of the few big films I missed during 2017, since no one wanted to see the film with me. There's a lot of positive reception to the film so I'm looking forward to finally checking them out.

Here's a mini-note on what Ultra HD Blu-ray offers:
  • 4K resolution (2160p)
  • High Dynamic Range
  • Dolby Atmos (when available)
  • No region locking, every territory is region free (UHD BDs only)
  • 90% of the titles come with standard Blu-ray and also digital download
Pretty much for the most part only the main hollywood films will get the 4K treatment while niche and independent titles will stick to Blu-ray.

So I went to HMV and picked up some more films. This time however I'm future-proofing my collection with the Ultra HD Blu-ray format.

DVnACApUQAAITCb.jpg

Pretty much 4K will end up being the norm within the next few years and while the pricing is still relatively high it's not too bad on the 2 for £30 deals in HMV. I picked up two films; one I've watched and one I haven't yet seen.

Get Out is one of my favourite films of 2017 and I was pretty lucky watching it at the cinema since the UK screenings were coming to a close. It's a satire horror film but I was left pretty satisfied with the outcome of it. Split on the other hand was one of the few big films I missed during 2017, since no one wanted to see the film with me. There's a lot of positive reception to the film so I'm looking forward to finally checking them out.

Here's a mini-note on what Ultra HD Blu-ray offers:
  • 4K resolution (2160p)
  • High Dynamic Range
  • Dolby Atmos (when available)
  • No region locking, every territory is region free (UHD BDs only)
  • 90% of the titles come with standard Blu-ray and also digital download
Pretty much for the most part only the main hollywood films will get the 4K treatment while niche and independent titles will stick to Blu-ray.
I'm thinking of doing this when I buy Blade Runner 2049. If nothing else it'll be a great demo disc for when I eventually upgrade my TV, whenever that may be.

I'm thinking of doing this when I buy Blade Runner 2049. If nothing else it'll be a great demo disc for when I eventually upgrade my TV, whenever that may be.

Oh Blade Runner will be awesome in UHD, but I'll be waiting for it to be part of the deal before then. There were a couple other titles in the deal such as Baby Driver, Batman v Superman, John Wick, Jumanji, Oblivion and more.

The next batch of UHD titles I'm interested in include the original Blade Runner (that includes all versions), Blade Runner 2049, Baby Driver, John Wick 2, Ghost in the Shell, Kong: Skull Island, War for the Planet of the Apes, the Marvel films on UHD (Guardians 2, Spider-man, Thor: Ragnarok), Hacksaw Ridge and many more.

Oh Blade Runner will be awesome in UHD, but I'll be waiting for it to be part of the deal before then. There were a couple other titles in the deal such as Baby Driver, Batman v Superman, John Wick, Jumanji, Oblivion and more.

The next batch of UHD titles I'm interested in include the original Blade Runner (that includes all versions), Blade Runner 2049, Baby Driver, John Wick 2, Ghost in the Shell, Kong: Skull Island, War for the Planet of the Apes, the Marvel films on UHD (Guardians 2, Spider-man, Thor: Ragnarok), Hacksaw Ridge and many more.
Yeah I'm waiting for a price drop, I seldom buy films on release date since they're often cheaper in a few months anyway.

The best deal I've seen is The LEGO Movie going for £7 on Amazon lol.
I saw that, it seems that certain 4K titles are already going for under £12, but it'll be a while before 4K players are affordable (I'm personally holding out for the yet-to-be announced PS5 to have one built into it)

2 for £30 isn’t bad at all for 4k, not long since we were paying £15 a pop for Blu-ray.

I’m definitely going to restrict my purchases in this format to genuinely visually stunning films though. For most things, I think (upscaled) 1080 is good enough.

(I'm personally holding out for the yet-to-be announced PS5 to have one built into it)
Not sticking a 4k drive in the PS4 Pro strikes me as a huge mistake on Sony’s part. They led the way for Blu-ray adoption with the PS3, it seems baffling they chose to ignore the new format this time.

I was genuinely all ready to buy one on the announcement it would support 4k discs, when the exact opposite happened I just threw up my arms.

Last edited:
I was thinking this
DeepDiscount have it for $64.99 and postage or you could wait for the next 15% off and it'd be $55.25 and postage. The postage cost is $5.98 so without discount it'd be £53 ish and with said code it'd be around £45
It's OOS on there atm but it might come back in stock

Back