What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Thought I'd better post this here, since it's where the original discussion happened:

Regarding the Korean release of The Anthem of the Heart: I literally just finished watching it -

Don't waste your money on this release, unless you don't need English subtitles.

Whenever there's an instance of a person speaking at the same time as translated on-screen text, or there's more than one person speaking at the same time (which in a film about music, is quite often), the subtitles only display one. There are a couple of scenes early in the movie where you miss a line of dialogue because the subtitle track only displays on-screen text. This issue in particular also makes the last half hour or so of the film practically unwatchable, since there are entire scenes of dialogue that aren't subtitled, because they only translate the songs happening in the background.

Granted, it's a release intended for Korean audiences, but between this and the awful formatting issues in the GitS SAC complex sets, this makes me hesitant about buying Korean releases in the future. If all you want is a release with unlockable subs and good video quality for a cheap price, they're great, but I'm now 2 out of 3 for Korean releases I've bought that have issues with English subtitles.

@Jaysgba, @Patient-X, and anyone else who may have ordered this release after seeing my posts, I thought it'd be pertinent to let you know about what is honestly, a pretty major and disappointing issue with this release.

Hopefully AL can get their release out somewhat soon. I'd like to rewatch the film again, this time with the ability to properly appreciate it.

Thought I'd better post this here, since it's where the original discussion happened:

Regarding the Korean release of The Anthem of the Heart: I literally just finished watching it -

Don't waste your money on this release, unless you don't need English subtitles.

Whenever there's an instance of a person speaking at the same time as translated on-screen text, or there's more than one person speaking at the same time (which in a film about music, is quite often), the subtitles only display one. There are a couple of scenes early in the movie where you miss a line of dialogue because the subtitle track only displays on-screen text. This issue in particular also makes the last half hour or so of the film practically unwatchable, since there are entire scenes of dialogue that aren't subtitled, because they only translate the songs happening in the background.

Granted, it's a release intended for Korean audiences, but between this and the awful formatting issues in the GitS SAC complex sets, this makes me hesitant about buying Korean releases in the future. If all you want is a release with unlockable subs and good video quality for a cheap price, they're great, but I'm now 2 out of 3 for Korean releases I've bought that have issues with English subtitles.

@Jaysgba, @Patient-X, and anyone else who may have ordered this release after seeing my posts, I thought it'd be pertinent to let you know about what is honestly, a pretty major and disappointing issue with this release.

Hopefully AL can get their release out somewhat soon. I'd like to rewatch the film again, this time with the ability to properly appreciate it.
Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't gotten round to placing my order just yet, so I'm glad you watched it already.

TBH if I bought the GITS sets it would be for the dub rather than sub. I was tempted to pick up Anthem of the heart but I will wait now. The Japanese set also has English subs so I wonder how that compares.

Thank you for that. Glad I hadn't got round to ordering it yet.

Earlier than I had expected by Part 2s of Eureka Seven and Eureka Seven Astral Ocean have arrived from Amazon.

C3lRPQbWMAAFDZg.jpg

On a bonus note, here's most of the items I received in January:

C3ljxhCWMAAcX34.jpg

Back