What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

A few things from the last couple of days.

My second shipment from Down Under courtesy of Sanity.com.au - Boruto blu-ray sets 6 to 14, which were part of their 'relocation' sale and managed to find a code online that gave me a further 10% off.

I ended up having to pay a customs charge on these as the total value was over the £135 limit. Still, each set came to ~£23 including shipping and the customs charge, so pretty good all in all! I'm region B only for the time being, so thank the heavens Crunchyroll seem to be steadily releasing these in Australia and New Zealand, the latest being released March 6, 2024.

Anime Limited should have Naruto Part I and Naruto Shippuden out on blu-ray by the time I'm ready for retirement.

IMG_20240328_110234256.jpg

The elusive Boruto set 5 should be arriving late this afternoon via DHL according to the tracking - I had to purchase this one with JB-Hifi New Zealand and use a parcel forwarder as it was seemingly out of print in Australia.

IMG_20240328_113202196.jpg

From Forbidden Planet, the final volume of Alice in Borderland!

IMG_20240328_112156463.jpg

This series has my favourite manga spines.

IMG_20240328_112301304.jpg

And finally, a little something from World of Books, the first Wheel of Time book - thought I'd finally give this series a go. Only £3 with a discount code.

IMG_20240328_115147961.jpg

Last edited:
A few things from the last couple of days.

My second shipment from down under courtesy of Sanity.com.au - Boruto blu-ray sets 6 to 14

I ended up having to pay a customs charge on these as the total value was over the £135 limit. Still, each set came to ~£23 including shipping and the customs charge, so pretty good all in all! I'm region B only for the time being, so thank the heavens Crunchyroll seem to be steadily releasing these in Australia and New Zealand, the latest being released March 6, 2024.

Anime Limited should have Naruto Part I and Naruto Shippuden out on blu-ray by the time I'm ready for retirement.

View attachment 33426

The elusive Boruto set 5 should be arriving late this afternoon via DHL according to the tracking - I had to purchase this one with JB-Hifi New Zealand and use a parcel forwarder as it was seemingly out of print in Australia.

View attachment 33427

From Forbidden Planet, the final volume of Alice in Borderland!

View attachment 33428

This series has my favourite manga spines.

View attachment 33429

And finally, a little something from World of Books, the first Wheel of Time book - thought I'd finally give this series a go. Only £3 with a discount code.

View attachment 33431
The first 5 or so wheel of time books are fun romps. My friend is a big fan of the series and swears by them. I’ve you’ve not read Robin Hobb, I’d recommend the Farseer Trilogy, it’s a great mix of coming of age, fantasy, spy/espionage and political themes. Plus it’s the first trilogy of many that are all linked, so lots to dig into if it’s your jam.

The first 5 or so wheel of time books are fun romps. My friend is a big fan of the series and swears by them. I’ve you’ve not read Robin Hobb, I’d recommend the Farseer Trilogy, it’s a great mix of coming of age, fantasy, spy/espionage and political themes. Plus it’s the first trilogy of many that are all linked, so lots to dig into if it’s your jam.

Thank you for the recommendation - I've not read the Farseer Trilogy but going by your description, it sounds like something that is exactly up my street! I'll definitely give it a look.

Back