What did you BUY today?

My phone is nearly three years old now and the battery is getting worn out, so today I got a nice new Lumia 640. Having a phone speak back to me is going to take some getting used to.
And despite being assured by my carrier that 4G was in my area I have yet to see my new phone find a 4G signal... :x

Pillaged Black Milk. Bought the Mecha leggings I mentioned I wanted and also some velvet leggings and an om nom muscle tshirt. Also ordered MFCC stanard entry tickets. There was no way in hell I was going to pay like £18 for guests I don't want to see and that. Literally just going for the stalls! (and to eat in the Trafford Centre and go to Victoria's Secret too :p)

AURAGLOW 10w Remote Control Colour Changing LED Light Bulb B22, Super Bright Warm White Dimmable Version.

I really liked the light put out by Auraglow 100w equivalent LED. This one is a 75w equivalent and comes with a remote and changes colour. For £18.99 I thought i'd give it a shot.

A new hedge cutter

Plus some new duvet covers from Ikea yesterday (when in Southampton, I thought I might as well pop in to see what European single covers they have)

I bought the fittest fried sea bass thai mango salad from Thaikhun yesterday along with a gin cooler. So nommy!

Been buying mainly food recently haha.

Oh! I also bought tickets for Marilyn Manson :)

Not technically today but from the past two days I took advantage of the Steam Summer sales:

Max Payne bundle (Max Payne, Max Payne: The Fall of Max Payne) - £1.99
Return to Castle Wolfenstein - £2.99

Already owned MP on PS3 via PS2 classics (funny enough I downloaded this from a Rockstar sale for about the same price) but I figured I might as well get it with the bundle and update the graphics and gameplay.

Ordered from Amazon US:
Nier - PlayStation 3

This game is out of print and it's not available to download on the PlayStation Network. No point trying to find UK copies since they're pretty much gone (there are sellers holding the Russian version for £30 on eBay but I'm picky with my collection) so I decided to find the US version instead. Amazon US are still selling brand new copies of the game for PS3 at $49.95 (add customs makes overall price £43).

I look forward to playing this game, thanks to Square Enix for annoucing the Nier New Project for reminding me to pick this game up.

The game should arrive around July 8th.

Nier was an awesome game. Only thing I ever bought from the Apple iStore was the Nier soundtrack, sits on my android phone now with Grandma and Song of the Ancients periodically being blasted out.

Back on topic:

Nadia: The motion picture
Hellsing Ultimate Vol.9-10
Akikan: Complete Collection
Gad Guard: Complete Collection
Tokyo Majin: Complete Collection
Chrome Shelled Regios: Complete Collection
Kaze no Stigma: Complete Collection

A subscription to Apple Music JP. They've got some cool stuff, and don't have some cool stuff. I suppose someone more au fait with the politics of music labels could explain some of it, but more relevantly it's like half the price of a UK sub because of the strength of the sterling vs the yen atm.

TL; DR - Japanese record labels /really/ doesn't like digital music. It's kind of a miracle that iTunes has been as successful as it has in Japan, given how hard (mostly successfully) the labels have tried to stifle digital music over there. I can provide more detail in the morning when I am less tired, if so desired.

I wouldn't mind hearing about it tbh. It is of course extremely Japanese of them to be even more against the concept than the US labels were initially, but it's crazy for it to have lasted this long (in general, book publishers have not held out nearly as long against digital releases, for example).

Back