What are you listening to Now thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My (partial, very simple) own creation - Mike Oldfield's Flying Start with the tempo sped up to 1.26x

Done in order to match how I remember it sounding on the old tape of my mum's I grew up listening to (I don't know if the tape got warped or it was recorded from the vinyl too fast or what). I think I prefer it to the original, opinions?

Edit: Oh no, I have a terrible feeling me and Audacity is a dangerous combination... I'm going to get the urge to "fix" so many songs (in my own cack-handed way) now. My second attempt, a slightly more up tempo, lower pitched attempt at a more apocalyptic Here Comes The Flood. Peter Gabriel has said he doesn't like the production on the recorded version of this anyway, preferring to do more understated piano versions live. When I shifted the pitch down I was amazed at how much it made his voice from 1977 sound like it does today... Hmm. Perhaps my next mission should be altering the pitch on all the old Blondie albums to make Debbie Harry's voice sound as orgasmic as she does singing Maria?

^Not familiar with either of the originals, but both sound good to me ayase. I think you should definitely alter the Blondie albums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Been on a Kraftwerk binge again. Thought I might get a couple of the German albums, the English lyrics sound so clumsy to my ears now... (especially on The Man-Machine / Die Mensch-Maschine) However if Amazon.de is anything to go by, it looks like the Germans still pay 20 Euros for a CD album. Unglaublich.

I'm not a fan of French, but this French version of Don't You Cry by Kamelot is probably better than the English version.

MaxonTreik said:
...this French version of Don't You Cry by Kamelot is probably better than the English version.
Odd how some songs do sound better in another language. At the forefront of my mind is this, of course:

Not music. An Audio Drama by Big Finish, Judge Dredd 1.06 - Trapped on Titan.

Big Finish do quality audio drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back