What Anime/Manga film should i watch now?

Darkness Rules

Completely Average High School Student
I have watch load of anime films like Akira and Judge and am now wondering what film to watch next. What do you think i should watch now?

Xelis said:
Ghost in the Shell, simple :D

Yes defiantly watch the Ghost in the shell movies, any anime fn should see them at least once to see what its all about :p

Shenny said:
Dare I say it....Evangelion. It needs to be watched whether you love it or hate it.

If you do watch these make sure you watch the TV series first otherwise they make no sense.

Other than that Anime films i recommend are Pretty much anything by Studio Ghibli especially Princess Mononoke :p

Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children - Who hasn't seen this?

Appleseed - both cool, if you liked Akira there's no reason you wouldn't like these.

Metropolis - Again like Appleseed if you liked Akira there's no reason you wouldn't like this.

Those are the big anime films I recommend. There are loads of other good ones such as Cowboy Bebop the movie, FMA the Movie: Conqueror of Shamballa and so on but you need to see the TV series they are based on first :p

FMA The Movie, Is Supposedly an Excellent Ending To The Series, So Avoid that to the Very End of the Series

As For Cowboy Bebop: Knocking on Heavens Door, try to watch it when you get to episode 22 or 23, it supposedly fits in the Timeline there

As For Feature Films:

GITS - the First One is Far Superior to The Second One

Vampire Hunter D - Both movies Excellent. Second Movie Better Drawn

NGE - "End of EVA" is good, Death Rebirth Will leave you Confused

Street Fighter - All 3 Movies Good, 2 being the Best for Fight Sequences IMO

Spirited Away - Maybe For Young kids but Very Very Enjoyable

Lupin 3rd The Castle of Cagliostro - Great movie lil movie

1st Street Fighter Movie

Vam Hunter D

all the GITS movies are highly recommended

Blood The last Vampire Slayer

All the Naruto movies

Cowboy bebop movie

Read or Die

Not much else to say really, anything done by Miyazaki really:

My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Princess Monoke, Naussica, Howl's Moving Castle etc etc some are for kids but adults can enjoy them just as much (if not more hehe), thats the magesty of Miyazaki :D

Ummm, the only other films i can recommend are the Animatrix and Perfect Blue, they're the only ones i can think of without you having to delve into a series to get any sort of understanding, anything else and i'd just be repeating someone else, have fun!

Back